NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

Personally I can't wait for this, the latest footage shows off the gameplay really well which is ultimately what matters.

This is sure to be a fun experience built around an original IP which has a lot to like about it.

Personally I can't wait for this, the latest footage shows off the gameplay really well which is ultimately what matters.

This is sure to be a fun experience built around an original IP which has a lot to like about it.

Still hoping for this as a DLC or unlockable character/weapon though, despite being new IP

240px-Shadow_Mario_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_Sunshine.png

Still hoping for this as a DLC or unlockable character/weapon though, despite being new IP

240px-Shadow_Mario_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_Sunshine.png

Maybe as a "special" one team could call out Mario with FLUDD who would wash away some of the opposition's territory..? haha.

Got my response this morning. I only gave out about the lack of voice chat, everything else looks good. Not a great response as I expected but then it was customer support from the nintendo.co.uk website. Where would be the best place to send an e-mail?

Dear Xxxx,

Thank you for emailing Nintendo.

We're sorry to hear your disappointment with the Splatoon game.

We can confirm development for first party games from Nintendo are all produced in Japan, therefore, we do not have control over this at customer support.

We have, however, passed on your feedback to the relevant department.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Jxxxxxx Mxxxxx

Where would be the best place to send an e-mail?
Dunno, but the best place to post that (and anything to do with the voice chat issue) would be the other thread I made yesterday.

Where would be the best place to send an e-mail?

suggestion_box.jpg

For all the good it'll do. :heh:

Got my response this morning. I only gave out about the lack of voice chat, everything else looks good. Not a great response as I expected but then it was customer support from the nintendo.co.uk website. Where would be the best place to send an e-mail?

Bless.

And now back to Splatoon....

Splatoon is, without a doubt, one of the most exciting and engaging gaming experiences I've had in a long time. After spending a short amount of time with the multiplayer gameplay, I knew immediately that it was something I would be able to lose hours in.

The gameplay is simply sublime, melding tried and true shooter mechanics and character customisation with a completely new style of play. To hear the gameplay explained doesn't sound terribly exciting or appealing, but once you see it or better yet get your hands on it, you'll immediately know that this is something truly special.

With so much more yet to be revealed, I can hardly contain myself for its arrival, and can see myself and many others playing this for years to come. Nintendo, you done good.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/03/opinion_splatoon_is_to_shooters_what_mario_kart_is_to_racers

I think the multiplayer is something that you must really have to go hands-on with to fully 'get'.

I'm excited for the single player, but at the moment I'm struggling a bit to fully understand where the fun lies in floor painting, and your character seemingly dying in pretty much 1 hit when you do engage. No doubt it's a blast though.

They really should release a demo version of this game! It's a new thing, so nobody really knows what it will play like. Sadly enough the WiiU doesn't have that much demo's. Would still be nice though :).

I love all the character customization they are posting on their twitter. It's going to be so much fun building a fun character that matches your playstyle!

They really should release a demo version of this game! It's a new thing, so nobody really knows what it will play like. Sadly enough the WiiU doesn't have that much demo's. Would still be nice though :).

I love all the character customization they are posting on their twitter. It's going to be so much fun building a fun character that matches your playstyle!

Said the same a few posts back and from the quote Ronnie's posted I think they definitely do need to - could bring in a lot of people they aren't going to get otherwise. I really, really, REALLY, hope they do a demo. However it seems the more I hope for something from them the less likely I am to get it ;) Imo will be an absolute fool's move not to do it with this.

I think the multiplayer is something that you must really have to go hands-on with to fully 'get'.

I'm excited for the single player, but at the moment I'm struggling a bit to fully understand where the fun lies in floor painting, and your character seemingly dying in pretty much 1 hit when you do engage. No doubt it's a blast though.

I'm remembering sms, it was fun just using fludd to clear away that mud, in a strange therapeutic way. There'll be potential puzzles to solve (or not!) and the one hit kill thing, for me increases the intensity, if you can just walk through a fire fight and be invulnerable it's a bit lame... sure if they take cheap shots one hit deaths will be even more lame, but so long as they only get opportunities to do that if you get careless or try to run away.. you can see the shots incoming and have a small amount of time to react to those. I think the multiplayer could be something special.

Maybe as a "special" one team could call out Mario with FLUDD who would wash away some of the opposition's territory..? haha.

Bit out there but what if you could be a 'third faction' of sorts - only it's just you, and your aim is to do your best to indiscriminately(or discriminatingly, if you fancied) clean up the splooshed ink outside of the two teams. It doesn't matter who/what you're cleaning, you just need to cleeeaan!

Splatoon Discussion: Splat Zones, No Voice Chat, Story Mode, & More! - Thoughts & Impressions

I hate to bring it back up, but like the video says, no voice chat is one of the more craziest nonsensical decisions from Nintendo, I just can't get my head around why? The damage this decision has and will cause is pretty big, but I see no benefit... ARGH!

Anyways, my excitement for the game is still there, it looks amazing. I just hope enough people still buy it and are up for Skype etc. that's if we can even create teams, which knowing Nintendo we probably can't....

You could create a team of people who use voice chat and people who don't, finally put the argument to rest.

You could create a team of people who use voice chat and people who don't, finally put the argument to rest.

No, it wouldn't.

Anyway, I don't think anyone here is against voice chat.

Some are just a lot more vocal about it.

I hate to bring it back up, but like the video says, no voice chat is one of the more craziest nonsensical decisions from Nintendo, I just can't get my head around why? The damage this decision has and will cause is pretty big, but I see no benefit... ARGH!

Anyways, my excitement for the game is still there, it looks amazing. I just hope enough people still buy it and are up for Skype etc. that's if we can even create teams, which knowing Nintendo we probably can't....

I think that may be a bit of an overstatement

Says the guy that had a meltdown because Pokémon came out in Europe a week after everywhere else... :p

Edited by Ashley

Says the guy that had a meltdown because Pokémon came out in Euterpe a week after everywhere else... :p

You're a meltdown :p

I hate to bring it back up, but like the video says, no voice chat is one of the more craziest nonsensical decisions from Nintendo

So why bring it up again?

So why bring it up again?

Because it was discussed in The video posted above mine, where they asked Nintendo why and explained Nintendo's official (beyond bullshit) respsonse.

If you're going to bring it up in this thread for the millionth time, maybe try and add something to the discussion, with something that hasn't been said a hundred times before.

If you're going to bring it up in this thread for the millionth time, maybe try and add something to the discussion, with something that hasn't been said a hundred times before.

Why have you become so aggressive?

Okay, the video explains that Nintendo said in development they felt they wanted "communication" to be done by player action and the gamepad. With some commands tied to the dpad. That's their official reason. That's not been stated in this thread. Happy?

And this goes to show how much fucking bullshit they speak. How does player action equal communication? And the Gamepad? How? The people in the video who were at the event and heard this first hand also seemed confused as to how the gamepad can be used for communication... Also, dpad stock phrases.... Oh boy! They just get more and more idiotic!