NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

I'm on Firefox and I cannot see them

[countdown=11/16/2013 3:00 PM;Testing Countdown]Count down:[/countdown]

Just tried to do one of my own in this post and I can't see it :p

Oh. This makes me sad...

Hope a solution can be found so it works for everyone.

It's nothing to do with your browser (so please, stop telling us which one you have :heh:), it's the template you're using. I'm going out but I can fix it when I get back. For now you can definitely see it on N-Europe Full Width.

It's nothing to do with your browser (so please, stop telling us which one you have :heh:), it's the template you're using. I'm going out but I can fix it when I get back. For now you can definitely see it on N-Europe Full Width.

Cheers. When on a browser I mostly use Classic Stretchable since it does away with the banner (better for work browsing). Cool if it can work for all skins. :)

@Ashley & @Shorty, I asked about this before (ages ago) and I think the response was that it could be done but would effect all threads, but I'm wondering if forum technology has improved since then. :heh:

So yeah, is it at all possible to have a specific thread display the first post at the top of every new page?

As that would be quite useful for this:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54101

Not hugely important though obviously, just wondered if it was now possible/easy to do.

Cheers.

: peace:

It's only possible on a whole forum (i.e. Nintendo Boards, General Gaming, Other Gaming are all forums in this sense) basis, not on a thread-by-thread basis.

I've been thinking...the playground section never feels like it's as exposed to viewers as main boards and seems to be visited pretty much just by regulars. Aside from the Mafia and X11 topics which benefit from being in their own space to prevent being purged (particularly Mafias during night phase), would it be allowed to create playground-esque one offs in the general board? I have in mind some fun quiz type things but generally the idea of putting them in the relatively less exposed playground area is a bit off-putting. Just a thought.

Not sure who this might interest (perhaps @Wii?) but there's this plugin for Chrome that completely removes any ignored user posts (ie. doesn't just provide you with a link to unhide posts). Like a pure and fully functioning ignore feature.

<sigh>

If you need a mod who's only job it to clean up spam and ban bots at moments other mods don't seem to be around, I volunteer.

Every time I log on I see that there's been a fresh spammer haul by someone. It may be a matter of hours before a blue or red latches on, but it's not a significant issue.

If you report the post it many of us get an email notification, so if someone has ready access then they will resolve it within minutes.

@Shorty you've exceeded your PM limit - and I nearly have too. :heh:

Was going to say to you and @Zell that trials this Sunday at 8PM would work great for me.

Maybe you can find out how to increase my PM box limit again? That's like your favourite conundrum. ;)

Maybe you can find out how to increase my PM box limit again? That's like your favourite conundrum. ;)

I know an easy way.

Delete your PMs.

If you haven't noticed there's a link in the bottom right of your PM list to download all your PMs in three different formats (which I just did, PM inbox now free again!)

Is there any need for the YTHD tag anymore? The normal Youtube tag lets you play HD versions of the videos now and also embeds the new Youtube player, whereas the YTHD uses the old version...

It's mostly been kept for hertiage so we don't suddenly lose videos. I think you can get vBulletin to automatically translate phrases so that might be a way around it, but want to test first. I'll get back to you.

Hmph didn't work as I hoped... (ie it didn't work)

Edited by Ashley