NEurope
Emerald Emblem

Tales of Xillia

Completed the game a few weeks ago. Was quite good towards the end but I never did an Arcane Arte. I must've done it wrong or something... I could do it like a boss in Graces f...

I could barely tell when I reached overlimit (when a blue thing went around me) and I tried (I think) to get an Arcane Arte going but did nothing.

Iirc, you must first start a chain, meaning the arcane arte must be the second or higher arte in the chain, then during the arcane art, hold x. I used quite a few times. Helped me during a boss battle too I think.

Figure this can just go in here:

Namco Bandai Starts Teasing New Tales Game

Be excited, JRPG fans: Namco Bandai has opened a new website teasing an upcoming announcement of a new Tales game. The website is branded “Next Tales of,” and celebrates previous games in the series. Right now, videos and imagery from the first two titles in the Tales franchise – Phantasia and Destiny – are being showcased.

A Tweet on the Tales Twitter account points to the website and confirms that a new announcement is incoming. “We are planning to announce soon the mothership title which is the latest installment of “Tales of” series…” it reads, in part.

This will mark the 15th game in the core Tales series, and the news comes on the heels of trademark filings made by Namco in Japan for Tales of Catastora, Creales, and Zestoria. Perhaps the new Tales game will take one of this monikers. It’s also unclear where the game will land console-wise, though it’s safe to assume it’ll be a PlayStation game. (Editor’s Note: I’d suspect PS3 over PS4, but who knows?)

The Tales series has seen continued strong support in Japan, and a resurgence of popularity in the west. The last western release, Tales of Xillia, was a great game, and its sequel, Tales of Xillia 2, is due out in 2014 on PlayStation 3. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles – an HD remake of the GameCube classic Tales of Symphonia and its sequel – is also due out in 2014.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/27/namco-bandai-starts-teasing-new-tales-game?+main+twitter

Xillia 2 EU release date: 22nd August.

Ah good, that should give me enough time to finish...

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Tales of Graces f

Tales of Xillia

Fortunately I've just started Tales of Symphonia - played it before on the Gamecube but you know, 'dat game! Hnnnnnnnggggg! - but yes, this is a good release date. :)

That's great news. I played Symphonia to death back when it was released, and can't be bothered finishing it. I played it until I got Sheena in the party and then quit. I want new Tales of games :p

I need to finish Xillia, I'm near the end of Jude's story, but I don't think it matters too much if I don't beat Milla's story before it comes out, right?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Actually, I think there were some interesting scenes in Milla's side late game that's worth playing for, something related to her summons. But probably nothing you need to know before playing sequel.

How come you guys spend so much time completing them? I probably platinumed them within two weeks :p

How come you guys spend so much time completing them? I probably platinumed them within two weeks :p

I get distracted when new games come out, bad habit I know. :p

Ever since I got a job the time to do all I do isn't enough.

"Ledger Kresnik" Collectors edition:

71rt2LOzRpL._SL1375_.jpg

Yeah, I haven't beat Symphonia HD, Graces or Xillia yet either. :p

Hmm that's a 'nice' collector's edition but not 100% 'must-have' like the Milla Maxwell edition was for me, two main things are already bugging me about this one; the figure doesn't seem to have any kind of 'base' like Milla did plus while the steelbook is nice I suppose... it has no title on the spine.

:blank:

2126_ToX_Collector_final.jpg

71rt2LOzRpL._SL1375_.jpg

If those two things change before it comes out then It'd be a definite purchase from me, small things I know but I do collect quite a bit of Tales of... stuff so it 'matters' to me at least. #FirstWorldProblems :heh:

Edited by S.C.G

Looks good, and I want that pocket watch. But I'm afraid the statue, stuff I never care about, will drive up the price to a level where I won't buy it.

If it were actually a pocket watch, instead of a compact mirror I might be more intrigued.

Plus the statue looks horrendous, I'm not feeling any character from it.