NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

Gamespot's Zelda review is coming on Sunday.

The reviewer Jeff Gerstman isn't all that happy with the control (mostly sword control) and how bad the speaker is on the remote...

I'll still probably end up buying Red Steel even though all signs are pointing to absolute sledging in reviews for "poor controls" as I acknowledge the effort Ubisoft has put into the game and its these EXPERIMENTATION games that we need to buy and ensure sufficient copies are sold if these third parties are to remain with Nintendo and continue to support the Wii...

that is true, if red steel flops reviews and sales wise, ubisoft may think it isnt worth creating a sequel.

The reviewer Jeff Gerstman isn't all that happy with the control (mostly sword control) and how bad the speaker is on the remote...

Uh oh... it seems Gamespot will be the first to try and draw tonnes of hits by giving it a lower score than everyone else!

Control i can understand, but you cant blame the game if the wiimote speakers arent dolby digital quality.

anyway

8.5 score confirmed.

Link/Source?

I KNEW IT. Thats the guy in the video in the background they showed the other day with the black spikey hair that looked bored. Be prepared for a BAD score... :shakehead

Control i can understand, but you cant blame the game if the wiimote speakers arent dolby digital quality.

anyway

8.5 score confirmed.

Darn it, my 8.8 initial prediction could come true... :sad:

Link/Source?

I KNEW IT. Thats the guy in the video in the background they showed the other day with the black spikey hair that looked bored. Be prepared for a BAD score... :shakehead

This weeks hotspot podcast.

*thinking of cancelling my Wii preorder...*

No need to do that. Overall reviews of Zelda TP in particular will show it as the masterpiece that it is.

My question is what did developers do to their games to get such average ratings. Right now it looks like most people are not really satisfied with the Wiimote.

Now what did the developers do? Spend less time on graphics and also less time on controlls? Whats the excuse now?

Excite Truck as a first party game good a mediocre score from both Gamespot and Game Informer. I expected okay looking games with superior controlls not something in between.

Instead of start nit picking at gamespot has anyone thought he might be right?

No one wants Zelda to be bad do they, hes not gonna say something wrong when its not.

Link/Source?

Yup. Explain's Exite Truck's low score, too. Why are Gamespot getting someone with no interest in the console at all writing reviews for it's games?

Yup. Explain's Exite Truck's low score, too. Why are Gamespot getting someone with no interest in the console at all writing reviews for it's games?

Because it might actually be a simple, shallow and short game with average graphics and average gameplay?

Some people seem to believe that a Nintendo first party game can't be average...

My question is what did developers do to their games to get such average ratings. Right now it looks like most people are not really satisfied with the Wiimote.

Sigh... if you had actually *read* the reviews instead of just guessing, you would know nobody had problems with Wiimote. Main gripes with Excite Truck have been that game is short and multiplayer aspect is minimal. Wiimote works just fine.

EDIT: Fixed quote

Sigh... if you had actually *read* the reviews instead of just guessing, you would know nobody had problems with Excite Trucks controls. Main gripes have been that game is short and multiplayer aspect is minimal.

The controller statement was to be meant as a general comment - I agree it may not be obvious due to my layout.

Don't hate on Gamespot if they score the game low. It isn't their job to make fanboys happy and sell copies of a game, it's their job to tell it as it is using their best professional opinion.

I still reckon it will score okay, but they could give it a terrible score and it wouldn't stop any of us buying it. It's Zelda for crying out loud and anything close to a 9 and upwards smells delicious.

Don't hate on Gamespot if they score the game low. It isn't their job to make fanboys happy and sell copies of a game, it's their job to tell it as it is using their best professional opinion.

I still reckon it will score okay, but they could give it a terrible score and it wouldn't stop any of us buying it. It's Zelda for crying out loud and anything close to a 9 and upwards smells delicious.

They're usually terrible reviewers though, it's not like they're very good and professional.

Everybody should know that at first controls will be weird beofre people get used to them, so, reviewers, instead of giving it time will instantly punish it. Also, "Oh no! No 1:1 sword movements! I flick my wrist instead of pressing a button! doomsday!". For crying out loud everyone know that reviewers set much higher standarts for Nintendo and specially Zelda games and end up nitpicking. So far reviews have been overhwlmingly positive, if they weren't who cares, if bad reviews pop up, who cares too. They're not YOUR opinion, they don't change the game, if any Zelda review makes you not buy the game, you're the biggest idiot in the face of the earth. So, for crying out loud solitanze shut up about reviews, they don't matter.

I like gamespot and love on the spot. But there coverage of the wii was a bit odd. They made some massive gaping errors about a few things like playing gamecube games with the wii controller then saying you could play gc games with a classic controller... From what I have seen of the games I think most of them look awesome. I reckon a 9.3 for zelda from gamespot.

He said the actual speaker on the wii is so bad, that when the hear the hookshot or any weapons coming from it, it is both muffeled(sp??) and just really isn't that good.

Solitanze Jeff was the person to give OoT a perfect 10 and Wind waker 9.3,

he'll probably give 9.4-9.6 still okay for a game. Anyway the whole thing of wii is getting kind of boring I'll complete red steel then trade it in probably, then rayman raving rabbits then possibly trade that game. Play and keep zelda.

Also on a side note when does dragonball tenkichi 2 come out for the wii in europe

If zelda does not score at least 9/10, this will shake the foundations of gaming forever! Perhaps this will be the MEGATON that no one was expectsing or wants :(

More scores here

IGN COD = 7.7 (PS3 and x360 got 90%)+

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/746/746145p1.html

gamespy wii sports 4/5

http://uk.wii.gamespy.com/wii/wii-sports/746088p1.html

COD3 has a fair score there. They mention lack of multiplayer and online play as reasons that hold it back. You cant really disagree with that. Quite a few games could really have done with online play, but we just have to wait...::shrug:

Final IGN quote

"Call of Duty 3’s control is definitely something to experience, and seems to be second only to Metroid. If you’re looking to try the FPS genre on Wii during launch, Call of Duty 3 is the game to show the system off"

does this means FarCry and Red Steel are going to suck balls. I think so. And that given that COD is no work of art either. My preorder is looking shakey now.