NEurope
Hogge

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

You literally watch Ganondorf transform into puppet Ganon and then his next two forms. It's the same guy. It's hardly the most important of issues, I just think in terms of final battles they should come as a package, but I guess that's just me.

Interesting discussion on NVC this week, with Jose pointing out that Zelda seems to be Nintendo's franchise of choice for remakes/remasters. How about giving some of that love to Mario Sunshine or F-Zero GX?

For once, Greg had me in stitches on RFN. They were discussing the game game and Greg said how he was disappointed that the boxart doesn't have 'From the creators of Funky Barn' on the front. :D

Nice spoilers on the front of the box for those who haven't played it. :heh:

Oh man, that had me in stitches :D

Whilst Twilight Princess looks terrible in the outdoor sections (especially Hyrule Field), many of the indoor areas looked outstanding bank in the day. Temple of Time and the second dungeon spring to mind.

You literally watch Ganondorf transform into puppet Ganon and then his next two forms. It's the same guy. It's hardly the most important of issues, I just think in terms of final battles they should come as a package, but I guess that's just me.

Puppet Ganon is said to have been created by Ganon himself, meaning it's not actually him in the first place.

Looking on the net it seems that this debate has been back and forth before, with some saying it is actually Ganon and others saying it's just a puppet. I go with the latter theory, especially seeing as the thing blows up in front of your face and then leaves behind a string to climb.

Oh man, that had me in stitches :D

Indeed. Jeff Gerstmann comments also gave me a laugh.

Despite my not really liking the game, I actually did enjoy the final battle in Skyward Sword. The whole thing very very epic.

On my first playthrough, I never actually realised...

...that you could use the Skyward Strike to imbue your sword with electricity.

I did the whole fight looking for perfect openings to get a few sneaky hits in without ever realising that you could actually stun Demise.

Sure, I unwittingly made it very hard for myself and I almost copped it, but I pulled it off and felt like a Zelda champion after doing so.

Also proves (to me) that the controls in that game are sublime. I am going to severely miss them in the Wii U one.

I did the whole fight looking for perfect openings to get a few sneaky hits in without ever realising that you could actually stun Demise.

Sure, I unwittingly made it very hard for myself and I almost copped it, but I pulled it off and felt like a Zelda champion after doing so.

Also proves (to me) that the controls in that game are sublime. I am going to severely miss them in the Wii U one.

Did you go back and try it with the Skyward Strike? Such a cool looking thing.

Yeah, i'm in the camp that will be happy to see the back of the motion controls in a Zelda game.

Very epic but not much meaning behind it all IMO. Not a battle that will stick with me in years to come, unlike the ones from the other four 3D games.

Not much meaning? I thought the dude was mentioned about half way through the game. It was kinda cool. Knowing that something was behind the scenes, but you had no idea what this mysterious bloke looked like.

Or am I misremembering?

Oh, and I agree with @Hero\-of\-Time. Puppet Ganon obvs ain't Ganondorf. That's why IT'S A PUPPET!!

Did you go back and try it with the Skyward Strike? Such a cool looking thing.

Yeah, i'm in the camp that will be happy to see the back of the motion controls in a Zelda game.

Oh yeah, once @Dcubed told me about it, I had to give it another go.

It looked badass as heck, shooting lightning around like that, but a little part of me preferred the ridiculous struggle I went through. So I kinda always do that final battle without the Skyward Strike.

I don't care if the three forms in Wind Waker are actually Ganon's physical form or not, because really, what sane person cares. I just feel when discussing final bosses, those three forms are just as valid to include as Zelda and beast Ganon are in TP.

My main problem with that was it caused me to have to "reset" the motion controls twice during the battle.

Amazed that Ganon and his not-even-my-final-form can cause such debate! Personally I did recall feeling he was a little shoe-horned in to TP at the time(not played since original release) but tbh I think the actual most memorable bit of it is Zant and his crazy neck! Still sticks in my mind to date.

Those new images look surprisingly good actually.

I sense a new wave of 'Zelda' amiibo approaching.

How many of you figured out that during the part of the Demise fight, where he copies every move you do perfectly, that you can actually trick him and hit him by sheathing your sword before you strike (since he doesn't actually have a sheath of his own, it's the one sword move that he can't copy ;) )

How many of you figured out that during the part of the Demise fight, where he copies every move you do perfectly, that you can actually trick him and hit him by sheathing your sword before you strike (since he doesn't actually have a sheath of his own, it's the one sword move that he can't copy ;) )

I did! :D

Took me a few tries to figure it out, overall I thought it was a rather good boss battle too, especially showing off what could be done with Wii Motion Plus. :)

Ganondorf being there is definitely spoileriffic.

But at least if you've kept an eye on Hyrule Warriors, Twili Midna shouldn't be a big surprise.

Still not a great choice of box art. Spoilers should always be avoided.

Yeah and the Master Sword, some spoilerific shit there.

I feel like this is one of those situations where as you guys have played the game, of course you realise there are spoilers in the image. Having only played maybe the first hour, barely anything on that cover means anything to me.

That cover only spoils things if A: You already know who the lady is in the first place; or B: You never played Smash Bros Brawl/4 before. Ganondorf is there, you know where he comes from.

Newcomers don't even realise these things are supposed to be spoilers until they reach them. It's like the Zelda/Sheik thing, after Melee was released. A shocking twist at the time, but now it's general knowledge.

Wow, great analysis video, I can't wait to play the game now. There really is a lot more detail to this HD version - I was actually most impressed with the shrubbery!

Gamexplain analysis vids always get me even more hyped for the big releases. They highlight just how much detail and polish Nintendo put into all their games.

From NeoGaf.

I checked with Bergsala (the Scandinavian distributor of Nintendo-products) regarding the listing of Wiimote+Nunchuk-support, and they said (translated from Swedish):

This is a bit speculative on our part. We will remove this information until we can say for sure what the control scheme will be like, this has not been confirmed by Nintendo.

So there you go.

If it does have Wii remote support, I doubt they'll bother implementing MotionPlus in a game that isn't built for it. Meh, I'd be happy to use a pro controller.