NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I've just bought a pair of these Steelseries 5HV3 for £24 new. I got them for the PC, but a nice surprise was that they have a fast disconnect plug and an adapter to 3.5mm jack. Which, of course, plugs nicely into the PS4 controller for full audio and voice chat. Amazing!

PpaEsh4.jpg

New PS4 firmware I downloaded earlier seems to have brought back that restart issue people had last year (including myself) where the console restarts to the safe mode menu but none of the choices work so you just keep getting looped back to the menu :( Sony had better fix it quickly!

Well that's me had to remove the rubber from the left stick of the DS4 the right stick was removed about a month ago. The DS4 still works and feels fine, too bad the rubber didn't last though.

New PS4 firmware I downloaded earlier seems to have brought back that restart issue [...] Sony had better fix it quickly!

Well that's me had to remove the rubber from the left stick of the DS4 the right stick was removed about a month ago.

Christ, that is a bad firmware update.

@Fierce_LiNk prepare to Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Journeeeey. Any news on when this will come out?

Also, Entwined, is this any good?

Am i able to download old playstation 1 and 2 games? Got a lot of catching up to do! Haha!

Am i able to download old playstation 1 and 2 games? Got a lot of catching up to do! Haha!

Unfortunately not. Best bet is a PS3 which can download most PS1 as well as HD remakes of PS2 games.

Sony are meant to be doing their Now service to stream games, but that's gonna be shitty in the UK for a while I think (at least with my current broadband speeds).

Or a Vita! You can pick them up refurbed/used <£100, they go great with the PS4 and can play a lot of PS1 games (but not as many PS2 games).

Im still amazed how much I like my Vita now given how it started off its life. Its a really nice little Indie and weird Japanese title goldmine instead of it just being my Persona machine as it was before.

Nabbed my second PS4 platinum ( Transformers ) this morning. I love the High Moon Studios games and figured I would give this one a shot, despite it being slagged off by the press.

The graphics are very poor, especially on the earth stages. It generally looks like an early 360/PS3 game. The Cybertron levels aren't that bad though.

The best thing about the game is the Escalation mode. This was great fun on the other games and it was nice to jump online and play on some of the familiar maps. They have changed the gameplay a little on this but it's still great fun. I was surprised to be able to find games on it and have had a blast playing with random peeps online.

Next up is Wolfenstein. : peace:

Nabbed my second PS4 platinum ( Transformers ) this morning.

drive_elevator.gif

Anything remotely connected with Michael Bay gets the stomp approval from me.

Quick reminder that Rogue motherfucking Legacy is out in two days :bowdown:

Buy it. Play it. Love it. Hate it.

Cross buy and cross save (PSV, PS3 and PS4). : peace:

Yeah its a great game. Ive already put a shit ton of hours into the PC version though so I dont think I'll be buying it again.

Im still amazed how much I like my Vita now given how it started off its life. Its a really nice little Indie and weird Japanese title goldmine instead of it just being my Persona machine as it was before.

It's little things like heading over to my friend's house and playing Destiny co-op together; him on his PS4 and me remote-playing my PS4 through my Vita.

BTW, apologies to Bard for not being on my headset. I didn't have it on me.

@Daft it's alright I was just angry breathing into the mic anyway. You were at the top of the leaderboard a bunch for someone who spends a lot of time dancing at capture points.

I'm still getting used to using a controller again. It feels like I'm trying to adjust the yaw on the titanic every time I want to turn around and shoot someone.

@drahkon is Rogue Galaxy anything like Metroid?

@drahkon is Rogue Galaxy anything like Metroid?

No, and neither is Rogue Legacy :p

It has some aspects of rogue-likes (duh): It's difficult and has permadeath.

However, there's a twist to the latter. If you die, you start a new game with a progeny, keeping your gold/items found. You can spend gold to upgrade certain character classes, increase your HP/MP, etc, making each attempt a little easier, or rather a littler more manageable.

The level is randomized every time you start a new game (unless you do something, but that's yours to find out).

I've gotten to the age where I've heard enough shitty game names that I just do a madlib whenever referring to one and just expect people to get what I'm saying. Anyway, no Metroid, no sale bitchezzzz.

Anyway, no Metroid, no sale bitchezzzz.

You're missing out on a great game :(

Ine's playing Trine 2 on the PS4 (dat free game feel). I didn't know it had 3D capabilities. Looks pretty sweet, actually!

Game seems fucking hard, though.

You were at the top of the leaderboard a bunch for someone who spends a lot of time dancing at capture points.

My secret Bard, I'm always dancing. :yay:

Just booted up my PS4 and got told that there was a new system update. Details from here.

• Playback of Blu-ray 3D™ is now supported.
  • Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD videos.
  • System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen.
  • [Featured Content] has been added to (Settings) > [system] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads]. When this setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation®Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4™ system is either powered on or in standby mode.
  • To download while in standby mode, go to (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [set Functions Available in Standby Mode], and then turn on [Connect to the Internet].

3D Blu ray! Yeees.

Edit: I've just downloaded the update and tested it with Man of Steel 3D. Plays like a dream. I ended up just watching the Flight scene and the final fight against Zod. Both look stunning. Forgotten how good that final fight was, it's filmed really well. Had tingles.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk