NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

What the hell? Monster Hunter 4 just got announced for the 3DS!!!! Not only does the 3DS get 3G but the full sequel aswell.

*faints from excitement*

The video showed a hunter getting chased off Tigrex ( from the portable games ) while leaping from cliffs and climbing to new areas only to be confronted by Rathlos. The hunter then jumps on Rathlos' back and starts stabbing it while holding on.

Don't get your hopes up people, Capcom seems to have a reluctance to release Monster Hunter games over here.

I'm quite surprised that this got announced considering we just had 3G revealed the other day. Hopefully this will be bundled with the analogue add-on. And although it makes no difference to me as I will most likely be obtaining a Japanese 3DS at some point in the year, I hope for you lots sake it comes out in Europe. Otherwise that region locking is going to come back to haunt every one.

Don't get your hopes up people, Capcom seems to have a reluctance to release Monster Hunter games over here.

Nintendoes what Capcdon't.

Nintendoes what Capcdon't.

This is definitely true, they have published a lot of games themselves that other publishers wont (Thanks for DQ VI!).

It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out.

Say what!? MH4 on 3DS too!? :o

Just watched the trailer, it looks crazy! :eek:

How the hell would that style of gameplay work in multi-player? :heh:

But yeah, awesome news.

OMG OMG OH MY GOD!!!!!

Monster Hunter 4, YESSSSS

Though excitment aside I find myself a little conflicted, on the one hand MH4 is AWESOME, didn't expecto to hear anything of it for a while and was worried it might not come to a Nintendo console.

On the other hand, it's coming to the 3DS?

That's a little unexpected, I was thinking 4 would come to WiiU what with MH3G already recently announced for 3DS this seems a little close.

I suspect what will happen is that 3G will remain Japan only (and likely only support local multiplayer) and MH4 will be worldwide and have online play.

Similar to how MHG on Wii was only in Japan but Tri got a worldwide release.

I wonder what kind of time frame for release it could be?

When is 3G due out in Japan? End this year/Early next?

Will 4 be just a few months after or will it be a year or more later?

Will be wierd that the next full main series game is coming to a handheld and not a home console..... unless (this just sparked in my head) what if there is some sort of conectivity between the 3DS and WiiU, where you can share your game save of the game across both consoles?

When is 3G due out in Japan? End this year/Early next?

Will 4 be just a few months after or will it be a year or more later?

Due out in Japan December 10th, alongside the Slide pad.

My God! That trailer looks absolutely nuts! (In the most awesome way possible!)

Looks much more free form in terms of gameplay. You have an emphasis on platforming, climbing (SOTC style!), large scale (and highly interactive) environments where monsters seemingly hunt you down continuously (no more zones?!)

Seems to be quite a big shift in terms of gameplay!

I can't wait myself! Seems to be the biggest leap forward for the series since MH1!

Never did I expect to see MH4 at this conference, but dayhm! It has surpassed my expectations in every way!

Say what!? MH4 on 3DS too!? :o

Just watched the trailer, it looks crazy! :eek:

How the hell would that style of gameplay work in multi-player? :heh:

But yeah, awesome news.

Maybe a bit like Kirby and the Amazing Mirror in that you can go your separate ways and venture off in totally different directions if you want to (and you might have some sort of ability to call all of your buddies and have them warp to you somehow)

Doing those kinds of interactive and destructible environments online though is going to be very tough no doubt (so maybe they'll stick with local multi only?)

Edited by Dcubed

Why do I have a feeling with everyone getting excited over what we saw in the trailer that that will just be a FMV type cinematic that is not 100% representitive of gameplay?

Why do I have a feeling with everyone getting excited over what we saw in the trailer that that will just be a FMV type cinematic that is not 100% representitive of gameplay?

To be honest, I think it just might be, and I think that's why they want to put it on the 3DS.

It strikes me that this is going to be the biggest shake up to the series in some time and if you are going to do that, put it on a system where they can reuse lots of old assest with the monsters, without it seeming cheap, and focus on the actual gameplay part of the thing. The land itself didn't look particularly complex with relatively simple geometry on all the land objects. Kinda makes it look like they are going for the fully open world... unless it's a requirement for a more interactive/dynamic environment.

On the PS3/Wii U, they would have to start from scratch on every single aspect of the the game whereas here, they have a head start already with the obvious stuff.

Seeing that video... I mean, imagine in multiplayer if the monster went after a particular player and cut off the obvious route to them forcing the rest of the guys to seek an alternative whilst the other hangs on for dear life.

How much more interesting an experience would that be? Loads I reckon as long as it wasn't always the same scenario.

Judging by previous Monster Hunter games' promotional material and Capcom games in general, they usually use full blown FMV footage, no?

This being rendered in-engine would suggest that it's representative, possibly even demonstrative of in game animations.

One can only hope!

I am loving the whole fact that Nintendo and Capcom are going to go all out in trying to get the western market into this (Seriously, I bet this was one of the biggest trump cards that Nintendo used to get this game)

Just watched the trailer, wow...just WOW.

I am so hyped for this game.

I'll be recharging my 3DS twice a day when I get this.

It's a concept trailer, it's specifically designed to represent the type of gameplay that they're going for with the new game. Oh and all of the footage is clearly in game, so it's not like the 3DS hardware can't handle what has been shown here.

Of course the design of the game could change before it actually comes out. This happens very often with pre-release games (See RE5 or Dragon Quest 9 for good examples of this happening)

Thank for the sentiment but Canand but that video is what we're all already talking about.

Of course the design of the game could change before it actually comes out. This happens very often with pre-release games (See RE5 or Dragon Quest 9 for good examples of this happening)

You mean RE4 yeah? :wink:

And yeah yourself and Falcon above make good points, prolly just me being paranoid :heh:

Though if anything were to change I hope it's that it gets moved to WiiU, will feel so weird playing a main entry game on a handheld rather than on a big screen :heh:

I would have posted this sooner but for some reason I couldn't access this site earlier while I was at work. :wtf:

Anyway, here's the news.

It looks like Capcom Summer Jam - the huge Capcom extravaganza taking place in Tokyo next month - will play host to new details on Monster Hunter 4 and Resident Evil 6.

As reported by Andriasang, the Capcom Summer Jam website temporarily hosted a poster pointing at RE6 and MH4 announcements, but quickly took it down once the internet caught wind of it.

Very little has been revealed about the fourth Monster Hunter game since its release last year, except that it's a 3DS exclusive and will implement the Circle Pad Pro. The series is hugely popular in Japan and is likely to sell a lot of 3DS consoles for Nintendo.

Capcom Summer Jam takes place at Tokyo Big Site from June 30 until July 1. We'll keep you updated on the details, which should emerge officially pretty soon.

Hopefully we will get some new footage, whether or not we will actually get the game over here though remains to be seen.

I think MH3 on the Wii was a success so I don't see wht MH4 should be held back from outside Japan.

Can't wait to see more on it. I just hope they work some kind of voice chat in for the online

Can't wait to see more on it. I just hope they work some kind of voice chat in for the online

Lets just hope it's online first! :indeed:

I'm actually looking forward to hearing some news about MH 4. I must have got Tri at around this time of year because with the brighter nights recently, I've been sort of fancying a few hunts. Playing MH4 on a handheld could be really good... or really bad with that crappy camera. :heh:

I don't care anymore since we're probably not gonna get this game anyway.

If Capcom aren't interested in releasing 3G, they can go fuck themselves :mad:

I don't care anymore since we're probably not gonna get this game anyway.

If Capcom aren't interested in releasing 3G, they can go fuck themselves :mad:

Yeah, I have a lot of hate for Capcom at the moment, as do most people. They keep harping on about wanting to make the franchise big in the West, yet they deny us the actual games! Also, Megaman Legends 3! :weep: