NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

Four and a half stars bad? Actually, no.

Proof again that all should follow Edge's rating scale. Zero: Nothing. One: Disastrous: Two: Appalling. Three: Severely Flawed. Four: Dissapointing. Five: Average. Six: Competant. Seven: Distinguished. Eight: Excellent. Nine: Astounding. Ten: Revolutionary. Unlike other publications, they actually follow there philosophy, too. Read it.

Since when did eight from ten become good, and seven dissapointing? Folk lack clue, it would seem, be it mathematics or ignorance. It's most frustrating, hearing people complain with 8.3 scores, 9.5, even. :/

4.5 is a fucking good score. How can you say it got it's first bad review? A bad review would be 3 or less/5. Even a 4 wouldn't have been bad.

If there was -anything- about a Zelda game I'd want to fare worse when we're looking at graphics, length and controls it'd ALWAYS be graphics. The fact the only real criticism of Zelda is it's graphics does nothing to hamper my anticipation of this game when the length and controls (two things that we were worried about) are being so highly praised and those are the things that -really- matter.

Some people take these reviews way too seriously. Who gives a flying pint of milk whether this game is 'officially' the greatest scoring game of all time?

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. gets 8.8.

The Good: Compelling characters and story; outstanding world and puzzle design; longer than most action adventure games; terrific graphics, from an artistic perspective.

The Bad: Wii-specific elements feel tacked on; graphics and sound sometimes go from nostalgic to dated.

Gameplay 8

Graphics 9

Sound 7

Value 9

Tilt 10

Yeah, well.... Gamespot gave Zelda a.... get ready for this....

8.8!

Well, I haven't played the game, and neither has anyone here, but I think it can be said that this score is complete and utter bullshit! Not that I really base my buys on scores, I'll get the game and be in heaven playing it not caring about anything, but this is beyond ridiculous. This fat bastard gives Gears of War 9.6 and Zelda 8.8?

EDIT: I forgot to actually post the link, but Dante already did, so no harm done. :D

Come off it, its just one guy's opinion. So what, he gave this game a lower score than something else, it's only one person's opinion. Gamespot didn't give the score, that guy did on behalf of Gamespot. One Guy. You are also one person.

Well, that's certainly a lot lower than I expected. I wonder what the GameCube version will score. Oh, and Gears of War is a fantastic game, so I can see the 9.6 score having played it.

"Objectively speaking, it's still a little disappointing that the series hasn't evolved much at all with this latest installment. You'll almost certainly enjoy the game for its terrific puzzles, colorful characters, and compelling story, but at some point the feeling of nostalgia crosses the line and holds this game back from being as unbelievably good as some of its predecessors."

Probably why he thought that score.

Come off it, its just one guy's opinion. So what, he gave this game a lower score than something else, it's only one person's opinion. Gamespot didn't give the score, that guy did on behalf of Gamespot. One Guy. You are also one person.

I'm just commenting, I'm not angry or anything (though it may appear that way from the way I wrote), I'm just surprised. I also don't care about Gears of War score, I just made the comparison because this situation is kind of equivalent to a movie reviewer from a well respected movie site (and not just some fan) giving 5 stars to a movie like Rambo III and 4 stars to Once Upon a Time in America.

I'm pretty pissed with that score, lack of originality isn't enough to bring the game from say a 9.5 to an 8.8, just because it's similar to something you've played before, man if it was supposed to be like that, every final fantasy game would be getting progressively lower scores!

I'm pissed too, the most common thing in this industry is sequels, and I've seen a LOT of worse games with the same score.

So I've been hearing of this 10/10 review for THPS3 this Jeff bloke did and I was amazed to see it with my own eyes.

Be honest, he only put it down cuase of the graphics, its not like the control sceme is buggerd or something major.

Be honest' date=' he only put it down cuase of the graphics, its not like the control sceme is buggerd or something major.[/quote']

Actually, Graphics got and gameplay got 8! And sound got 7!

If it was reviewed by that Jeff ****, then fuck him!

His a ****.

Yep. By Jeff Gerstmann, GameSpot.

Is he the same person who mixed up DMC4 demo with GOW?

Meh, at the end of the day we all know we will love it to bits, 8.8 is still a very good score.

Actually, Graphics got and gameplay got 8! And sound got 7!

The Bad: Wii-specific elements feel tacked on; graphics and sound sometimes go from nostalgic to dated.

Gameplay 8

Graphics 9 :wtf:

Sound 7

Value 9

Tilt 10

picture1qo1.png

8.8 i mean seriously?Why do people still listen to gamespot?Their reviews for nintendo games are always bad.i mean historically they gave mario kart 64 a 6.4 while giving tony hawk pro 3 on dreamcast a perfect 10.

trust ign

igns score will be better.8.8 means something is stopping it from being classic status........what?

I'm pretty pissed with that score, lack of originality isn't enough to bring the game from say a 9.5 to an 8.8, just because it's similar to something you've played before, man if it was supposed to be like that, every final fantasy game would be getting progressively lower scores!

How so? I mean alot of FF games actually change ideas everytime. So ok it might be turn based but in say like FF10 it added character swapping in battles and a unique way of levelling characters up. FF8 it had the draw system, so on. Each one is actually quite different.

I still prefer Gamespot over IGN. IGN give everything high stuff nearly all the time. WOO TRUE CRIME 9.0! :D

At the end of the day it's his view on it and how he felt. I'm sure it won't effect have you feel when you play it. He does have to be judgement in his own way.