NEurope
nekunando

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

Finacee away this weekend, so i spent the whole day playing Wind Waker. I caved and used a walkthrough though, as i was stuck wondering what to do next. Turns out there wa loads of shit that i'd missed/ forgotten about earlier in the game and therefore couldn't progress. Pretty frustrating, but i got quite a few of the extras while faffing about.

Finacee away this weekend, so i spent the whole day playing Wind Waker. I caved and used a walkthrough though, as i was stuck wondering what to do next. Turns out there wa loads of shit that i'd missed/ forgotten about earlier in the game and therefore couldn't progress. Pretty frustrating, but i got quite a few of the extras while faffing about.

Noticed you were playing actually, I was doing rather similar!

Started it up yesterday as the symphony inspired me(plus having played MM too). I love and hate it at the same time - there's something about the first bit up into and just beyond dragonroost that grinds on my nerves. I'm up to the forest now though, just gotten the deku leaf and continuing on my merry way that I'm over my issues(at least for now). It's a beautiful game, and remembering quite how much content it has in it is making me excited! Looking forward to the free-sailing to various areas of the sea :D

@Hero\-of\-Time

Play Alien Isolation. I stopped playing it when MH4 came out and now i'm too scared to go back to it :(

Finished the main story on Dying Light today.

Lent it off a lass at work so I thought I best get the main story done before she asks for it back.

I loved the climbing as it made me feel felt like one of those russian daredevil climbers.

Lost count how many times I stopped mid climb to admire the view.

Finished the main story on Dying Light today.

Lent it off a lass at work so I thought I best get the main story done before she asks for it back.

I loved the climbing as it made me feel felt like one of those russian daredevil climbers.

Lost count how many times I stopped mid climb to admire the view.

What did you think of it? I keep seeing bits of it and think it looks interesting, but I keep hearing polar views about it all. Some really, really love it and some hate it. I think we've got fairly similar tastes, so I trust your opinion.

Just completed Mortal Kombat X's story mode. It was a good game but didnt seem as tight as 9's story. Seemed a bit easier as well (not that im complaining, I ended up leaving 9 for months until I went back and finally completed it). Interesting setup for 11 though!

@Hero\-of\-Time

Play Alien Isolation. I stopped playing it when MH4 came out and now i'm too scared to go back to it :(

I actually went to start this but then there was a massive patch to download, so I ended up starting New Super Mario Bros. Wii. This didn't last long because it plays so sluggishly after coming from Kirby. I think I done the first world and had to knock it off.

I was then gonna start Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core but my PSP needed charging. This being the case I decided to start playing Metal Gear Solid (Vita ). I want to play through all of them again before MGSV hits and figured now would be a good a time as any to start.

I started playing it on Saturday night and finished it yesterday evening. What a game! It's been a fair few years since I played through and it still grips me like it done on my first play through.

I think this was the game that made me appreciate a good narrative in a videogame. The characters and world are so well built that the game really draws you into it as you play.

The music is fantastic, just like the rest of the series, with these two being my favourite tracks.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I absolutely love a few of the lines at the end.

Excuse Star Trek playing in the background.

:Dimage_zpsryyvge0x.jpgimage_zpsrggxq977.jpg

I also love the speech by Naomi saying that you should pick life and then live it.

I'm now looking forward to playing through MGS2, a game which I haven't played through probably since it's original release. I'm deciding whether to play the PS2 version or just snap up the HD collection for the PS3.

I jumped back on New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which I was able to handle a little better after the effects of playing the faster Kirby game had worn off. I got to world 3 before calling it a day and imagine I will be playing that for the best part of the week.

Finished the story on Yakuza: Dead Souls. :yay:

Such an enjoyable game, and full to the brim with humour. Probably not the kind of thing most people would appreciate, but I absolutely love it. The whole way through it felt like playing a game that was tailor made for me. :awesome:

Every session had me laughing out loud or grinning like a nutter. :D I knew from one of the early quests (which involved rescuing a naked "girl" from the zombies :heh:) that this was going to be just a funny as Yakuza 4, if not funnier, and I wasn't wrong. ;)

Even ended up quite liking the controls. You don't actually need to use manual aiming much at all, and the automatic aiming gives it a fast-paced arcade feel. It's almost like playing a light gun game just in 3rd person. :hehe:

Here's a nice video review which sums it all up pretty well:

Also, major respect to SEGA for bringing this franchise to the West, and more importantly, continuing to do so. :bowdown: It's blatantly not a big seller overseas, but the fact they keep on localizing them regardless is fantastic.

I'll be showing my support and downloading Yakuza 5 on day 1 for sure. :)

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4)

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

MHbUwnT.gifYakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Unfinished:

-

What did you think of it? I keep seeing bits of it and think it looks interesting, but I keep hearing polar views about it all. Some really, really love it and some hate it. I think we've got fairly similar tastes, so I trust your opinion.

I enjoyed it, I wish I had more time with it as I would have done all the side quests and really built my character up while doing the main quests.

But obviously as I've borrowed it, I don't know how long I have it for.

Apparently online co-op is the most enjoyable part of the game from what the lass at work was telling me before she lent me it.

If you enjoyed ZombiU, you'll love it. I got that kinda vibe from it.

You can't just take out Zombie after Zombie, you have to plan your attack or escape.

The climbing is fantastic, funnily enough I thought it would be crap.

If you see me online this week, invite me to party chat and I'll let you play it via share play.

This being the case I decided to start playing Metal Gear Solid (Vita ).

How does the psycho mantis moving your controller and fight work on the vita?

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

After about an hour of making posts like this. I started playing Super Mario 64.

About a week ago, I completed it.

The game holds up remarkably well. In fact it looks a little bit nicer thanks to being on WiiU VC.

There's something about the way Mario runs around like a hamster that always makes me smile.

The best thing about this game is the amount of opportunities to outright skip things. I'm sure everyone knows about how you can finish the game with far fewer stars than you actually need, but I'm talking about the more reasonable athletic achievements you can pull off.

In fact, here's a few of those moments for you now.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

@Dcubed there trying to muscle in on my "Pftt!" bandwagon.

Particularly proud of that one, long jumped there on my first attempt!

I apologise for nothing!

The game is not without it's faults though, the camera can be a bit dodgy at times...

Did the entire boss fight like that, you know?

...the controls at certain times can let you down, due to being too fidgety, the cannon aiming springs to mind...

99 COINS!? 99 and the stupid cannon kills me out of spite!

SPITE, I SAY!

...and sometimes things just make sooooo much sense.

But those are really quite small niggles. The game is still a joy and I can understand why people want the next Mario game to be more like this and Sunshine. There's something so nice about being given a big playground to find stuff in.

A lot of people find fun in just doing their own thing and making up games to play.

Running away from one of those 1-up mushrooms that follow you and trying to collect 8 red coins is a great way to get you and everyone else laughing their heads off, as this video shows.

I recommend starting from 3:55, unless you understand Japanese.

And with that...

Lufia: The Legend Returns - GBC

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - WiiU (Not 100%)

Demon's Crest - SNES (Not 100%)

The World Ends With You - DS

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Gunman Clive 2 - 3DS

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe - 3DS

Banjo-Tooie - N64

Metroid Zero Mission - GBA (Not 100%)

Child of Light - Wii U (Single Character challenge)

Super Smash Bros - 3DS (Everything, baby!)

Super Mario World - SNES

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 3DS (Credits seen)

Super Mario 64 - N64 (120 stars)

Edited by Glen-i

I enjoyed it, I wish I had more time with it as I would have done all the side quests and really built my character up while doing the main quests.

But obviously as I've borrowed it, I don't know how long I have it for.

Apparently online co-op is the most enjoyable part of the game from what the lass at work was telling me before she lent me it.

If you enjoyed ZombiU, you'll love it. I got that kinda vibe from it.

You can't just take out Zombie after Zombie, you have to plan your attack or escape.

The climbing is fantastic, funnily enough I thought it would be crap.

If you see me online this week, invite me to party chat and I'll let you play it via share play.

How does the psycho mantis moving your controller and fight work on the vita?

Oooh, I haven't tried share play yet. Game sounds fantastic, might be worth picking up at some point then. Thanks for that! Unfortunately I'm back at work this week and it's mega busy, so I possibly won't be gaming much til the weekend. I wish I was a hobo.

@Glen\-i: After watching the Game Grumps blunder through the game, I sure I am glad to see someone enjoy its strengths to the fullest. Definitely one of the best posts I've seen in this thread :)

That's the part of the game where following the fish's tips is vital. The game from now on becomes more a matter of following clues rather than going directly to the place that the game/story tells you to go. I do hope you'll enjoy the faffing, as it's actually one of my favourite things to do in the game.

I need to get back to Wind Waker again at some point. Completely forgotten now what section I was on. Possibly collecting the triforce pieces but cant be sure...

Hang on, fish tips? Do you mean the talking boat? I don't know anything about a fish!

Hang on, fish tips? Do you mean the talking boat? I don't know anything about a fish!

1-Skeh.jpg

Hoy, Small Fry : peace:

I mean the Man-Fish, small fry! You know, when you see a fish near an island, and you throw bait, and the fish will draw that island on your map? That fish will also give you hints.

If you feed the fish near the Earth Temple, he'll say "Go X squares east, and Y squares north!", and if you follow his instructions, you'll find the volcano island. The fish that you find there will give you directions to the crater island. And the fish there will say "You can enter this island if you ride a tornado, small fry!".

They actually say pretty useful stuff. If you haven't been filling your map, I suggest you do.

Seriously? I had no idea! I wondered why my map was so bare, I thought it would update when I visited each island, but....it didn't.

To be honest I completely forgot about the bait bag, and I never even noticed any fish. I think I thought it was an enemy and just ran away whenever it appeared.

The reason why I got stuck was that I didn't have the tornado song since I didn't realise you could defeat the wind God guy. I just assumed he was a douche who would appear and blow you off course, hence I couldn't warp to the island with the fire and ice arrows.

This game would be really hard without the Internet...

It makes me wonder all the other stuff I've missed.

Edited by 130131301364

Finished Remember Me last night, making it the final game I shall complete on my long-faithful Xbox 360 and I'm very satisfied with that. Already grabbed a PS4 off of Ebay but that won't arrive until next week. I might take a quick tour of my old favourites and then it's off to make use of CEX's half-reasonable trade-in rates.

The reason why I got stuck was that I didn't have the tornado song since I didn't realise you could defeat the wind God guy. I just assumed he was a douche who would appear and blow you off course, hence I couldn't warp to the island with the fire and ice arrows.

There's also a fish somewhere that says you can defeat the cyclone with arrows :heh: In fact, you can find that hint way before you get the bow and arrow (I remember being blown off course a few times while thinking "When I get the arrows I'm going to kill that frog so much").

Yeah, get filling that map when you get the chance! Plus, all those charts you have right now will make more sense.

(Also, you say you forgot about the bait bag. Remember to keep a few of those pears that can control seagulls...)

There's also a fish somewhere that says you can defeat the cyclone with arrows :heh: In fact, you can find that hint way before you get the bow and arrow (I remember being blown off course a few times while thinking "When I get the arrows I'm going to kill that frog so much").

Yeah, get filling that map when you get the chance! Plus, all those charts you have right now will make more sense.

(Also, you say you forgot about the bait bag. Remember to keep a few of those pears that can control seagulls...)

Yeah I thought the charts were a bit bullshit. It kept saying that the maps would highlight the area where the treasure is, which it just didn't... I've just been finding the treasure manually when I see it.

I had also forgotten about the seagull thingy.

Also, what are those coloured cauldrons I keep seeing in dungeons? I'm assuming they aren't essential, but I couldn't work out what to do with them...

This is what happens when you play a game like this with large delays in between sessions, I forget everything!

Also, what are those coloured cauldrons I keep seeing in dungeons? I'm assuming they aren't essential, but I couldn't work out what to do with them...

This is what happens when you play a game like this with large delays in between sessions, I forget everything!

The cauldrons allow you to "teleport" between them in the same dungeon. They're shortcuts, in case you ever need one. There are 3 in each dungeon, I believe.

Wind Waker is definitely one of those games where keeping notes pays off. I know it's unusual, but I think it really makes it feel like an actual adventure, reading a map, making decisions, and such. It's also why I have such a soft spot for the DS Zeldas, since those let you make notes on the maps.

Even though I still technically need to be the Living Dead Party levels and a couple more Origin ones, I managed to finish up the rest of Rayman Legends the other day.

What a brilliant platformer. I've said previously how much I enjoyed Origins and this one is just as great. Great level design and gameplay, controls are spot on (especially when you get into some of the running levels and everything gets rolling) and it looks and sounds great. Don't care what anyone else says but I do think Nintendo really should take note of some of the level design here. This and Origins have some of the best in recent years. Hope that we'll see another Rayman game soon, perhaps unveiled at E3. I can dream anyway.

Think I'm going to next go back to Infamous: Second Son and finish that up as I'm in the mood for playing it now after clearing Rayman. Think I'll clear some of the backlog of PS4 games I have (and there are loads of fantastic ones I need to get back to and finish off, contrary to some peoples' opinions of the console's library) before I set my sights on The Witcher 3 when it comes out (and Broken Age, Shovel Knight, Axiom Verge... dammit, too many downloadable games to pick up and play and not enough time :laughing:)

Finished Remember Me last night, making it the final game I shall complete on my long-faithful Xbox 360 and I'm very satisfied with that. Already grabbed a PS4 off of Ebay but that won't arrive until next week. I might take a quick tour of my old favourites and then it's off to make use of CEX's half-reasonable trade-in rates.

How did you find Remember Me?

Whenever I renew my PS+ I have it waiting in my downloads on PS3.

Seriously? I had no idea! I wondered why my map was so bare, I thought it would update when I visited each island, but....it didn't.

To be honest I completely forgot about the bait bag, and I never even noticed any fish. I think I thought it was an enemy and just ran away whenever it appeared.

I'm sorry bob, we're gonna need to have that doctorate back.

I'm sure the game does tell you somewhere early on, I def recall doing it in the original as a kid/teen without using tinternets. Don't think I turned to tinternets until the triforcey and later game bits, and that's just because I was getting really frustrated/stuck on something I couldn't figure out(but can't remember what now).

I had a couple of RPGs in front of me, but then Steam decided to do a sale and voilá, I'm now playing Rogue Legacy.

Addictive as hell, but it is frustrating, when one meets a difficult boss. I've wasted a few generations trying to bring down Herodotus.

Played/Beat/Completed:

-Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb (Last played: 11th January)

-Hitman Contracts (2nd February)

-Sonic CD (19th February)

-Puzzle Agent (17th February)

-Teslagrad (8th March)

-Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut (14th March)

-The Whispered World (11th April)

Currently Playing:

-Rogue Legacy

On Hold/Hiatus:

-Final Fantasy X

-Septerra Core

Dropped: