NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

Okay, I've now got Zelda style Fire Arrows...

How far through the game am I? Roughly speaking, of course.

What are Zelda style fire arrows?

Okay, the regular fire arrows you get a few hours in :heh:

I'm interested in knowing whether I could finish the game tonight, but probably a good idea if I slept at one point...

Lol.

Unfortunately I don't remember how far in you are. Been a while since I played Tomb Raider last.

Okay, the regular fire arrows you get a few hours in :heh:

I'm interested in knowing whether I could finish the game tonight, but probably a good idea if I slept at one point...

Which area you in now?

Just finished this, fully upgraded all weapons, acquired all skills, completed all tombs and challenges, and found all relics, documents and GPS caches.

I had played it before but still an incredible game, stunning!

Which area you in now?

Just got through Geothermal Caverns. Reminded me of Resi 4!

Just got through Geothermal Caverns. Reminded me of Resi 4!

Personally, I much prefer this to Resi 4. I'd say that you're about halfway through, there's still a fair bit to go. :)

You started The Last of Us yet? Have you played it before?

Personally, I much prefer this to Resi 4. I'd say that you're about halfway through, there's still a fair bit to go. :)

You started The Last of Us yet? Have you played it before?

Ah, Resi 4 is much better imo. This isn't the type of game I'd play again once I've finished it but I'm looking forward to the sequel (Once it's available on PS4).

Never played TLoU. Will complete Tomb Raider over the next 2 days and then start it :)

Personally, I much prefer this to Resi 4

:(

I used to think you were cool Flink.

Finally started playing this. What a game it is! Yeah it's ripped so much from U charted, but who cares, it's great gsme play and a great character. Really loving it! Only 2 hours in so far, but really looking forward to continuing with it.

Ripping or not, I thought it was more fun than any of the uncharted games.

Still remember that feeling when she climbed the radio tower. Goosebumps.

Still loving this game, I kind of think it's better than Uncharted... I got a little worried when the weather seemed to be alive that it was going to descend into Stupid but haven't heard much since, it'll obviously come back in some way but just hope it doesn't get silly. Though the big mutant mace wielding man is nudging itself that way, but that's fine!!

Also, I'm in a section where it's becoming shoot out after shoot out... Does the game do this more and more (like Uncharted at its worst?), or is it just this section (Shanty town?).

That actually all sounds negative. I'm loving playing it, controls great, love the steady increase in ability and weaponry, looks and sounds utterly incredible (glad I got PS4 version) and has me absolutely gripped!

Started this today, my first ever Tomb Raider game. I'm still quite early on (only unlocked two camp sites so far), but am so far absolutely LOVING it. Never really played a game like it before, apart from I guess Zelda, but that's still very different. Visually it's a gorgeous game, and the controls and animation are so fluid it makes navigating the world a joy.

Finished my first tomb, the one with the suspended plane. So much fun figuring out the puzzles.

It says I'm already 9% through after only an hour or two, I'm guessing this isn't the longest of games, but that's totally fine.

I'm a bit gutted though, I was hoping to Platinum it but the multiplayer trophies are a massive turn-off, I didn't even realise the game had multiplayer, but it's something I'm really not interested in. I was keen to get all the collectibles if there was a big shiny platinum achievement at the end of it all, but now there's a lot less motivation to bother, which is a shame. Not sure what I'll do.

Good to read that your enjoying it.

Yeah, having the multiplayer trophies sucks if you're wanting the platinum. It's not the greatest of multiplayer games and the servers will probably a ghost town at this point. Very easy to boost if you have 4 people though. Luckily the sequel doesn't have multiplayer in it.

Oh man, this was my first proper PS4 game. (retail, I mean. Guess my first real game was Resogun)

This game blew me away. It's absolutely outstanding. Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, @Ronnie. I'm going to give it another playthrough at some point. Possibly before the sequel arrives later this year.

I was also gutted about many of the trophies being multiplayer. Or else I would have platinumed this. Pretty sure @Eenuh got all of the single player trophies.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Really really really loving this, though I'm taking it quite slow (Hearthstone, Darkest Dungeon and err Ninty Badge Arcade are taking up the rest of my time). I'm towards the end of the Shanty Town portion of the game, I imagine I'm probably about a third or half way through the storyline maybe. The most enjoyable part of the game for me, apart from the visuals, is just traversing the world itself. It's very fluid and loads of fun. Not massively keen on the combat, I don't like the way they run up to you rather than stay in cover, but that's just a personal preference.

The collectibles seem a little pointless so I'm not sure I'll be too fussed getting the GPS caches or relics.

I'm surprised how short the tombs are. For some reason I expected them to be Zelda dungeon-like in length, but most so far seem to just be one puzzle/room. Nothing against that, it works well enough.

So yeah, awesome.

BTW, if someone wants a free copy of this on PC, I got a giftable copy with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

BTW, if someone wants a free copy of this on PC, I got a giftable copy with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Hey braahh.... if this a steam thing? Do you think it the gifting would work for the mac version?

If so... can I get it? :)

Hey braahh.... if this a steam thing? Do you think it the gifting would work for the mac version?

If so... can I get it? :)

Sorry, a friend of mine asked for it while the forum was down.

Finally finished this tonight, have been taking my time with it. Absolutely loved every second, brilliant from start to finish. Traversing the world especially felt so natural and fun, controls were good and I liked the mixture of on-rails cinematic action and openworld-ish exploration.

Visually it was pretty stunning at times, it's hard to believe it started out as a PS3 game, and the music was great too. The audio logs were a bit unfortunate, seems to be a common trend these days to save money not making a cutscene but that's a minor quibble. I wasn't thrilled about the collectibles either not really giving you much apart from xp. I would have platinum'd the game had it not required multiplayer trophies which I definitely can't be arsed with.

So yeah, first ever Tomb Raider game and I loved it. Can't wait for the sequel to come to PS4.

I took a break from CoD and fired this up, played for a little bit and am really enjoying it. Like most I wish the tombs were more than just one puzzle but at least that way you're not completely sidetracked from the main story.

Loving the bow! I just use that and the shotgun, no need for other weapons I've found. I'm only a little into it though so I may need to use my other weapons at some point... that bow though! :bowdown:

I'm just past the bit after you're caught after looking for the pilots, then hung up in that room with all the bodies... yeah, those chopped up bodies, haha.

Edited by Kav

Yeah I thought it was a little odd the tombs were just one puzzle as well. It didn't really differentiate them from the rest of the game that much. I was expecting something a bit closer to Zelda dungeon type lengths, though that would probably be pushing it.