NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Gamespot gave zelda a 8.8

Ok. This deserves it's own thread. What do you guys think about gamespots Zelda score? I think it's wrong.... WRONG!

It's zelda FFS. And as you can see, everyone else is giving it what it deserves.

IGN 9.5 out of 10

GameSpy 5 out of 5

Game Informer 10 out of 10

GameDaily 4.5 out of 5

1UP 10 out of 10

Gamerz-Edge 10 out of 10

Lawrence 9.9 out of 10

GamersMark 9.6 out of 10

UnderGroundOnline A ( 95.0% )

GameSpot 8.8 out of 10

Too be honest I think we all know the guys a bit of a dick since he complained that it was much of the same, which in itself may be a fair point, but when you consider this is the guy you gave Tony Hawks 3 10/10 it kinda loses all credibility!

I think we all know that this game is going to be amazing so who really cares what some sensationalist game journalist thinks!

History suggests, there will be another Zelda for Wii.

Now with ISS on the 360, they cut down features.. some sources inside Konami say it was to get it out for Chrismas.

I think it was to start fresh on a new system and make improvements on each sequel.. thus justifying the purchase again.

The PS2 is the final ISS incarnation, and it's godly.

Zelda 2: Wii will no doubt have the orchestrated soundtrack, and cover up some of the problems.

Perhaps it is just making a little room for improvement.

Also I support his score. As long as he's consistent with future scoring.

That's freaking ridiculous, seriously, what the hell is wrong with him?

I agree with the score relative to what other titles got at gamespot:

monkryball 8.3

red steel 5.0

Trauma 8.0

(from memory)

There will be better games on the wii. These reviews in a way acknowledge that. Best not to give out top scores on launch games. This is not a super original game concept that is going to shake the foundations of gaming. However, they have acknowledged that zelda is the best launch game. I am happy with that.

The score should be given relative to gamecube games for the gamecube version. So i expect a 9 or higher here.

Seems like bias to me. Judging by his other reviews he is one of those "baby games!111" people.

For fuck sake..what are you guys bitching about? Probably the majority of you havent even played it, and if you have not to the depth they have.

Surely you shouldnt be moaning about it, not only havent you played it, it doesnt even matter if your going to buy it. All it does is taint its place as the greatest game ever created. Its pathetic moaning over this.

Quit whining. Reviews shouldnt concern you.

8.8 is a great score! What the fuck is wrong with everyone.

If you actually READ THE REVIEW there appears to be a lot of problems with the combat because of the Wiimote. It's not like he said that the game was fucking abysmal was it? Jesus, the flaws in the control system were obviously enough to make him lower the score, no amount of trememdously stupid "But it's ZELDA!!!" comments are going to do anything but make you look like an idiot.

4dn4ihh.jpg

8.8 is a great score! What the fuck is wrong with everyone.

Jesus, the flaws in the control system were obviously enough to make him lower the score,

The funny thing is, he is bound to give the cube version a high score. He obvioulsy will prefer those controls. So maybe 9.5+ for the cube version BUT all the fanboys have discredited him...So no win situation. Personally, I am really interested in the score differences between the versions.

The funny thing is, he is bound to give the cube version a high score. He obvioulsy will prefer those controls. So maybe 9.5+ for the cube version BUT all the fanboys have discredited him...So no win situation. Personally, I am really interested in the score differences between the versions.

Same here. No doubt it's a great game. He's not discrediting the meat of the game, the adventure. But the controls innit. I have no doubt that it'll still be a classic Zelda up there with OOT and MM, just with some slight niggles in he controls.

IGN never had any problem with the controls. He's an idiot and his reviews seem inconsistant and random. I think i'll listen to all the other reviews thanks mate.

I think Matt pointed out something quite important, the lack of orchestrated music. That's a big deal for me because music is the lubrication on a long game like this.

That along is worth deducting 0.4 from the game's perfect score. Perhaps even more depending on how music is rated.

Excuse my crude analogy but now Nobuo Uematsu has left Square-Enix I don't think I can play another Final Fantasy.. I just don't think they will be able to replace him.

I hope he does freelance work or something on XIII.

Yamcha, your avatar is awesome.

Mike has a point why did this actually need a thread? Theres a review thread and all this topic will do is double the ammount of flaming thats going to happen.

The biggest question is:

Who really cares so much that they won't get the game.

OH NO IT DIDN'T get over 9!

What's even more stupid is the fact that everyone is complaining about a "low" score given to a game they haven't even properly played yet. 8.8 is a good score. as Yamcha said, read the review. Just because it didn't get over 9, everyone shouldn't get so damn worked up.

It's personal opinion, if he doesn't think it's worthy of a 9, then let him be.

That's ridiculous. Almost everyone else thought this game was perfect and gave it a 9.5+.

Also I support his score. As long as he's consistent with future scoring.

Gamespot are never consistent in their scoring. Tony Hawk's 3 gets a 10 and there are many scores they've given that are simply wrong. Gamespot has lost all credibility with this review.

Pointless thread, as it's already been discussed in the reviews thread like Mike mentioned a million times over. Or maybe this thread was just created to make more people bitch.

Gamespot are never consistent in their scoring. Tony Hawk's 3 gets a 10 and there are many scores they've given that are simply wrong. Gamespot has lost all credibility with this review.

I think they'd lost it long before now.

Living in the past Zell. I said future scoring, it's a new console and there are new standards.

I will discredit him completely if he is not consistent with the likes of Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy.

On another note, where is the Famitsu review? that should be a big one for most people. With a lack of orchestrated soundtrack it could lose a few points from the sound guy.

Mike has a point why did this actually need a thread? Theres a review thread and all this topic will do is double the ammount of flaming thats going to happen.

Pointless thread, as it's already been discussed in the reviews thread like Mike mentioned a million times over. Or maybe this thread was just created to make more people bitch.

Exactly, I thought it was a mod's job to avoid people bitching?

Yes, this thread should be locked because we have two zelda threads and review thread. :hmm:

IGN never had any problem with the controls. He's an idiot and his reviews seem inconsistant and random. I think i'll listen to all the other reviews thanks mate.

I don't think they're inconsistent, I think Gamespot is very harsh to Nintendo games in general. They always seem to bash Nintendo stuff, and this is no different. But they will always go crazy over the latest graphically beautiful FPS.

That's ridiculous. Almost everyone else thought this game was perfect and gave it a 9.5+.

In my opinion Gamespot have done this to get noticed, and they've suceeded.

If this thread wasn't here someone would steam in and post it anyway.

It kinda needs it's own thread seeing as the general thread will get pwned up.

At E3 did we have one E3 thread? No there was one for every game.

I don't agree with the thread but something this controversial needed to be diverted.

Now other forumites don't have to smell fanboy because they're all locked up in one thread.

Yes, this thread should be locked because we have two zelda threads and review thread. :hmm:

Yeah, but this one will keep the other 2 clean.

Sign in to follow this