NEurope
gmanprime

I hate wii sports

Okay, I don't really hate it, but my family who do not normally play games have finally gotten into the wii, and they won't stop playing so I can get some freaking Zelda time.

I know this is the kind of thing that was Nintendo's goal, but this is very bad news for me. Anyone else having the same issue? This is catastrophic, and I pray Nintendo will be willing to fix my console and send it back for free. If not, hello eBay.

Burn the Wii Sports disc.

They won't let me at it. They have been playing 3 hours and are like a pack of raving rabidds. Mabe if I can get Zelda into the drive it will turn them off to gaming again.

Emphasise the severe limitations the game has and criticise it like theres no tomorrow while they're playing, it should turn them off the game.

Emphasise the severe limitations the game has and criticise it like theres no tomorrow while they're playing, it should turn them off the game.

They say that it is still fun. They even said that they like the simplicity.:woops:

That wouldn't work as the games appeal to non gamers is those very limitations you mention, making it so easy for anyone to pick up and play the game.

They say that it is still fun. They even said that they like the simplicity.:woops:

Aw well, looks like you won't be playing Zelda for a loooong time, mon frere.

You're joking aren't you? Why don't you just play with them? I'm sure Zelda can wait a couple of hours, hell I got Wind Waker the day it came out and didn't play it for 2 months because I had exams. Let your family have fun with it, hell they might even ask you if Wii has any other good games, and you can point them in the direction of Zelda...

Also, the pint of guinness, while totally irrelevant, is still the best thing about this thread.

Also, the pint of guinness, while totally irrelevant, is still the best thing about this thread.

That made me roffle :laughing:. Man I wish I could afford another controller set then I could let my family enjoy wii sports. Ah well what a shame i'll have to play zelda :heh:

Not a joke. My brother just brought over three of his neborhood friends and there Mom is coming over in a minute.

This is turning into a party. In my first post I wasn't really bothered, but now I am not joking nor am I being sarcastic.

If my parents want to play it with me I'll be so happy. It sadens me when you get people who don't wana "play" with their parents. I jump at the chance to do stuff with mine.

...haha ok that makes it sound like my parents ignore me. They don't, lol, they just don't play video games.

Christmas day with my entire family (grans, grandads, aunts, uncles etc) is gona be awesome. I think my cousins getting a Wii too so we should be able to get 4 controllers.

Not a joke. My brother just brought over three of his neborhood friends and there Mom is coming over in a minute.

This is turning into a party. In my first post I wasn't really bothered, but now I am not joking nor am I being sarcastic.

How many Wiimotes do you have?

Anyway man, use this as the perfect opportunity to show off the console. After they've played WiiSports, show them Zelda. Get them interested. Do it, you knows it makes sense.

I bought a wiimote seperatly and a nunchuck to go with it.

After watching 10 year olds playing I can really see why they needed the wrist trap.

To be honest I'd keep the multiplayer games going...as soon as you crack out Zelda everyone will watch for a minute or two and then go do something else and wont be in the mood if you suggest Wii sports again.

When I get my Wii its gona be mutli player all the way. I'm gona set it up in our kitchen (i'm in halls at uni) so everyone can play until on the night when I can be in my room alone, just me, and Link, lmao! that sounds so gay.

To be honest I'd keep the multiplayer games going...as soon as you crack out Zelda everyone will watch for a minute or two and then go do something else and wont be in the mood if you suggest Wii sports again.

Exactly.

Dude, you've gotta get involved. Whenever people wanna play a game with me, any sort of multiplayer, i jump at the chance. They sound hooked.

I know I should be exited but I have been doing this with my friends who are sony fanboys and hate nintendo for the last 2 days and have just gotten tired of it.

I guess I have to play with them in a four player bowling match now so wish me luck. I got 214 earlier today. They are all going down.

This topic makes me very happy, but also very sad, I sure as hell hope my parents aren't thinking of pulling anything like that on me! I'd love to get them playing some wii tennis though, it'd be well funny to pit them against each other!

Just 16 days to go now...

If it was solitanze he would be all like "C'mon mom don't play that game it's totally below 90% review average!"

I seriously would be really happy if I could get my family hooked like that. Cause then I'd finally get to play some multiplayer stuff. ='D

If it was solitanze he would be all like "C'mon mom don't play that game it's totally below 90% review average!"

:laughing: lol that literally made me laugh.

I can easily see myself wrestle with grandma for Wii.

Its comforting that Nintendo can deliver the goods to a brand new market.

It'd be a sure fire way for me to turn certain people off from playing this game ever, but I'd encourage people to play the game in an attempt to shift a few more Wii consoles, they can do with the additional support [Nintendo that is].

The thing that annoys me most about Wii Sports is not the game itself or its average ratio. but the fact it doesn't come with an original white game case/boxart but instead just a cheap cardboard slip, I feel as though i'm beeing "Stooged" here. Disappointing indeed. :shakehead