NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

What with retailers recieving severly reduced stock allocations, Nintendo seem to be messing up the Wii european launch. This is like the xbox 360 all over again.

Now GAME have confirmed the news any HDTV owning wii fan have has dreading to hear - COMPONENT CABLES HAVE BEEN DELAYED

>>>>>>>>>>

Just got this from game....looks like the component cable has been delayed:

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Wii Component AV Cable has changed to 22-Dec-2006. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery.

>>>>>>>>>

Is it not possible to play the Wii on a HDTV then without the component cable?

Displaying any SD signal on a HDTV without progressive scan component cables is not a very pleasant site.

So an entire launch based on component cables is going to be a mess? I really can't follow you on that one... Just wait for your cables - they're needed in America right now and we're second to America. Why can't you just be fond of being able to play Wii instead of talking about those screwed-up cables all the time?

And no, a launch without cables is no failure. Except if no cables are avaible and there's no way to connect to your TV. Wich would suck, but wich won't happen. Now let's all be quit and eat our dinner - and wait our time to Wii.

Is it not possible to play the Wii on a HDTV then without the component cable?

It is, but the picture won't be as good as you'll be using another lead...

The RGB lead has been delayed till 15th December so GAME online say!

What can we use now to get the best picture?

gameplay says 8th for RGB and component

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=NW0055&title=nintendo_wii_component_video_cable_

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=NW0056&title=nintendo_wii_rgb_cable

Why launch a console then release video cables 1 to 2 weeks later? Nintendo are not THAT stupid

They will be at launch. Don't worry.

Dammit! I'm getting a HDTV for xmas and was looking forward to displaying Zelda on my HDTV!!!!

Now its going to look shite with shitty composite cables :weep:

Its only Game that are saying this... maybe they changed the date for themselfs because of the ammount of orders?

We wil be forced to play Wii in composite - that is DAMN UGLY.

So No RGB or Component cables at launch.

Retailers will not recieve the allocations they expected.

This is a disasterous launch in my opinion.

Very much like Xbox 360 (especially the cables situation, which plagued the 360 for MONTHS)

Isn't just the picture good enough for a sleazy week? You'll enjoy Wii just as much, so don't be a baby and cry about it... It's only for a week and it's only a mlnor difference. Not the whole launch that's destroyed right now.

By The Way: Anyone who knows what affects these RGB cables have anyway? Are they like the component cables? I'm thinking of buying it (but there no rush or need for it), but if it doesn't mean squat i'm not spending my ka-tching on it.

Its only Game that are saying this... maybe they changed the date for themselfs because of the ammount of orders?

Im hoping so.I really am.

But the fact that the RGB and component cables have now been REMOVED from play.com, worries me

Isn't just the picture good enough for a sleazy week? You'll enjoy Wii just as much, so don't be a baby and cry about it... It's only for a week and it's only a mlnor difference. Not the whole launch that's destroyed right now.

By The Way: Anyone who knows what affects these RGB cables have anyway? Are they like the component cables? I'm thinking of buying it (but there no rush or need for it), but if it doesn't mean squat i'm not spending my ka-tching on it.

Im sorry but I simply cannot bring myself to output a SD signal on a 46" HDTV via composite.

Oh please do not let the RGB cables be delayed as well. I remember having to use the composite cables for a while on my GC, and it was atrocious! I can be without Component cables for a bit, but I need my RGB cables.

Its a lot more than a minor difference, first impressions are key and playing the Wii with shitty composite cables is not the way to go.

Im hoping so.I really am.

But the fact that the RGB and component cables have now been REMOVED from play.com, worries me

Im sorry but I simply cannot bring myself to output a SD signal on a 46" HDTV via composite.

Your in the same boat as me mate. Although mines an 26" HDTV, I would of liked to have seen Zelda in its best quality. Damn you Nintendo.

First time i've ever been glad I don't have/own an HDTV.Wait till other sites say it's delayed then be afraid :heh:

Apart from that good luck.

I might be tempted to try Wii Sports, but I absolutely REFUSE to play Zelda via composite.

First time i've ever been glad I don't have/own an HDTV.Wait till other sites say it's delayed then be afraid :heh:

Its not just HDTV owners who are affected.

The same situation applies to the RGB Scart cable, so standard def TV owners wont be able to get their best possible picture either

OMG HAHAHAHAH stupid me!!! Just realised the cables are released 22 BEFORE XMAS!!!! YES!!! OH MIGHTY GOD FUCK YES :D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry guys :( Just realised I'm having my wii xmas lol

Just called play.com

Both RGB cable and Component cables have been downgraded on their site status from PREORDER to UNAVAILABLE.

"Seems like we're not getting them in at all" said the customer services rep.

Both items are now missing from the site, yet my pre order for these accessories remains, only its UNAVAILABLE

I would use the yellow, red and white pins without problem.

However, i had a 26" Samsung and i played Zelda: WW on it using this cable, and all sqaures appeared on the screen when i moved the camera.

I now own a 37" Toshiba (Samsung sadly broke) and now it's going to be worse!

Of course...at least the console isn't delayed (or is that the next thing....) :indeed::)

Does anyone know what we can do to make the picture quality a little better....JUST INCASE the cables are delayed?

Thanks in advance!

Overall though, i'm slightly peeved but not to bothered, i want my god damn wii!

I had contact with Nintendo Benelux today, they said there would be components at launch. So yay for me.

Did you ask how much Wii's they're getting to retail in the Benelux on December 8th? Man, why does everyone forget the obvious questions?

And by the way, what happened to gameplay and no-nonsense-whatsoever if it's not gameplay approach? We're all babbling about fucking cables. It's a Matt-Cassamassina all over again. I trust that guy, but he's way to used to great graphics. I, myself, have yet to see what HD is for the future, but for now I'm quite content with composite. The comparison shpwn today just illustrates that component is just aa brightness-higher image. Doesn't make to much diference at all. certainly not on my 15" 10-year old TV.

But that's just me.

Order them from Gameplay and hope for the best.

I'm happy with my good old composite cable :)

Well i have Emailed Nintendo to see what they say on the matter.. i shall post my finds... if they ever reply!

Composite looks fine on my HD TV, I dunno what you're all moaning about

So, it's different for different HDTVS?

Hopefully it will look alright on mine! :grin:

Still keeping my component cable on preorder though. Fingers Crossed Gameplay get some!