NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Do opposites attract?

Well, i remember watching some program on itv a few weeks back. In this show, they would deliberately try and set up two people on a date, but who were almost direct opposites. I.e., a person from the north, and a southerner.

Now, the test failed. However, this is just one example.

I thought that this would be a pretty interesting thread to make, and there's no reason for me creating this than that. I have no ulterior motive.

Personally, i'm not sure whether opposites do attract or not. I know that i, personally, have to have something in common with the person i'm closest to to get along well with them. I need to be on the same wavelength.

But, i also know that if people are too similar, maybe that they are both stubborn, that their personalities will clash.

Anyway, what do you think?

Maybe not total opposites, but maybe there are some qualities the other find endearing in another which are not their own.

Personally i believe that to a certain extent opposites attract however some fundamental things have to be in place and any differences would only have to be cosmetic.

Of course it was incorrect, if it were correct, that would of left Homosexuals to break the laws of science.

Well the least I ask is that their genitals are the opposite to mine. High fiveeee!

Erm on a serious note the girl I am after at the moment is opposite me in quite a few ways and similar in a few. So yeh I dont want her to be my clone but I dont want her to not like akan partridge! Actually shes not that keen on Alan :hmm:

Of course it was incorrect, if it were correct, that would of left Homosexuals to break the laws of science.

Tis a dream.

My best friend and I have very little in common - no musical taste is shared, little gaming taste, TV taste, school subjects taste etc.

However, we have similar morales and opinions about people and how they should act - I think this is really all you need to be in a good friendship and probably relationship. As long as you have one or two things in common (In my case it's Donkey Konga and Pokemon!)

Thats pretty lame. It works on a scientific level, electrons to protons, polar opposites etc, but how can you tell whether people are opposites? It's a bit stupid.

To some degree, you need things in common. I think Letty would agree we have a fair few things in common to be honest, its the reason we clicked so fast probably...

Opposites in my experience really don't attract.

To some degree, you need things in common. I think Letty would agree we have a fair few things in common to be honest, its the reason we clicked so fast probably...

Opposites in my experience really don't attract.

I agree. In my experience with women I like to have some things in common and share some of the same interests cos otherwise I find it really awkward and run out of things to talk about or things to do. It just doesnt work even if she is the hottest girl ever :heh:

So for me opposites do not attract.

Maybe not total opposites, but maybe there are some qualities the other find endearing in another which are not their own.

Yeah, Id go along with this. There is obviosly something that attracts you to the person in the first place - i.e. similarities, but I guess a few opposites do keep things fresh.

Mix and match as people have said; you need some things in common and some things different. If you both did everything exactly alike, and you both had all the same hobbies and interests; you'd never learn anything new, and thats one of the exciting things about getting to know somebody.

But i do believe opposites can attract with absolutely nothing in common if they are both willing to learn more about that person and their beliefs/way of life.

But i guess that willingness is a familiarity so they arn't actually totally opposite. hmmm!

You forgot to capitalize most of your i's Fierce:D but I don't really think they do. If a girl I like doesn't like video games and won't put up with 'em her ass is out the door!

In friendships opposites don't mix well either. One of my friends they like to get out a lot but they play video games. I hang out with them still. But I hang out with my friend who is like me and doesn't get out a lot and just sits around playing 360 a lot more.

You forgot to capitalize most of your i's Fierce:D but I don't really think they do. If a girl I like doesn't like video games and won't put up with 'em her ass is out the door!

That's what Microsoft Word does to ya! It would always capitalize them, meaning I got lazy. :(

lol Why do you type your posts in MS word?

I meant typing in general. Whenever I would write essays, or just do general work type stuff, I would always do it in word. Now, I just type without correcting myself, forgetting that I have to read through my posts. :)

Hehe, yeah.

Well, the general replies appear to say that you need to have something in common.

Except Jav, he's just weird.

But, i also know that if people are too similar, maybe that they are both stubborn, that their personalities will clash.

You just described the last 7 months of my life. :laughing:

Perhaps I need to go after someone completely oposite then. :hmm:

In my case, people just aren't attracted to me.

Hey, don't give up. It took me 18 or so years to find someone who i wanted to be with.

Yeah bro, you're only 15, don't seem too desperate, in time the right girl will come to you ;).

Personally im attracted to people who I have no chance with. Although in my experience....not really. No two people can be binary opposites (becasue in theory if you are a good wholesome person, it would mean you would be attracted to an evil SOB) but some conflicting personality traits perhaps. But thats true in most things. Two people who are basically the same will get bored of each other. Variety is the spice of life.

Sign in to follow this