NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Wii Underway!!

http://www.jeux-france.com/news18415_le-nouveau-zelda-en-developpement.html

The American magazine Game Informer publishes in its last number small information which has its importance since it relates to the Zelda series. After the exit of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess everywhere in the world on Wii, Game Informer learns to us as well as the new episode of Zelda would be already under development intensive since one year! 'do not be surprised if this new Zelda leaves earlier than envisaged.' the magazine launches us. In addition, Game Informer also claims that very discrete The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on Nintendo DS will be finally pushed back until October 15, 2007, date of its exit in the United States. The play would have been largely worked over again since E3 2006. Nothing official for the moment. To follow.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6440/1/New_Zelda_Planned_for_Wii?

Quick News - It has been revealed that Game Informer is stating Zelda Phantom Hourglass on DS has been delayed until October 2007 for reworking purposes and a new Wii Zelda has been underway for nearly a year so far!

Awesome to have confirmation!! (there was always going to be a Zelda Wii!)

So Zelda Wii...

- will it be like other zelda's, but just expand on the Wii-mote features from Twilight Princess?

- will it be completely different to previous Zelda's?

- will the series change for ever?

- will it be a 'point a click' style game like Phantom Hourglass

- Orchestrated music please!!

Disscuss...

Please avoid Twilight Princess Spoilers!!

If you want to refer to anything in Twilight Princess please use spoiler tags!!

I would like it to be like other Zeldas, no point in messing with something that's worked for years.

PH delayed till Oct 2007... arrgh!!

When can we expect Ninty to show us something of Zelda Wii? Next games conference?

I dont need another zelda on Wii until at least 2008. TP will keep me more than satidfied until then!

With all the Best. Zelda. Ever. comments bandying about, how can Nintendo Top TP?

I doubt it was ever going to even be 2008 mate, think 2009.

So you saying Nintendo should just give up and stop making Zelda games because supposedly they can't top TP? TP is FAAAR from perfect.

Nintendo have said that the reason they put so much effort into Twilight Princess is because it's the last traditional Zelda game of its kind. With the Wii version they plan on transforming the franchise completely. There's a good chance it could end up even going first person (and before you say "I hate that idea!!" you don't know how well they'd impliment it. Think of Metroid Prime.)

From what I've heard of Twilight Princess it seems they've done virtually everything they can with the traditional concept in this game anyway. Do people really want to keep playing the same game over and over? It's not always going to feel fresh again.

I'm betting on some sort of spin off. A true Zelda console game wouldn't get released within 18 months of it's predecessor. Tingle or Tetra are the only options I see or maybe a game like Dragon Quest Swords?

Poor PH, was so looking forward to playing it soon.

What i'm saying, is that everyone's immediate reaction to TP (including mine tbfh) was WOW its the best Zelda ever. So if it is the best Zelda ever, how in hell will Nintendo make a better one?

Obviously Nintendo won't stop making Zelda games. It's in their best financial interests to keep making the series.

TP is not perfect, I dont think any Zelda game ever will be, but we dont need another Zelda until 2008 at the absolute earliest.

Nintendo have said that the reason they put so much effort into Twilight Princess is because it's the last traditional Zelda game of its kind. With the Wii version they plan on transforming the franchise completely. There's a good chance it could end up going first person (and before you say "I hate that idea!!" you don't know how well they'd impliment it. Think of Metroid Prime.)
Yeah I remember Nintendo saying TP could well be the last traditional Zelda, but I don't think First Person is necessarily the answer.

Phantom Hourglass has shown how a new control scheme can be implemented without completely changing the series, so I think Nintendo may be thinking of something more along those lines.

If Nintendo are transforming the Zelda franchise, they should make it similar to The Elder Scrolls series, except it wouldn't be free roaming, and would be Zelda (obviously).

I've not got my Wii yet :mad:, so I dont know how well the controller is used for it in Zelda, but a Wii exclusive Zelda must definatly utalise the Wii remote the best way possible. As for the story line I don't think you can go too far away from it really, I mean its called Zelda so surely you must always have Zelda in it (Althought did Majoras Mask), but anyway all the royal family, master sword and tri-force things are what makes the Zelda story lines so deep and brilliant. And as for a point and click style, I really dont like that idea and think it would just ruinin the whole essance of Zelda.

well at least they DID do something with the extra year instead of twiddling their thumbs!

Eiji Aonuma FTW!!!!

I'd love it if the next Zelda showed off the Wii's real power, y'know, like what Resident Evil 4 was for Gamecube. I would especially like to see sharper textures.

What's the problem with the music in Twighlight Princess? It sounds really good to me, would orchestrated music really add all that much to the game?

They did say Twilight Princess was the last Zelda of it's kind. I hope so. Zelda has been more or less the same since Ocarina of Time (different story, same great mechanics). I expect it to be more like DS's Phantom Hourglass, not in the point and click aspect, but the difference between PH and Windwaker.

They said Zelda on the Gamecube would be the last as we knew it, way before wii controls were announced - allvthey were saying was that the wii mote makes it 'untraditional' (even though not really, but then PH isn't really a different Zelda) so the series will be similar to what we all know and love, just a different way of controlling, I think people are taking the comments a little too far. Twilight Princess is looking like it will easily be the best Zelda for me, but there's so much scope for development!!

I dont see how they can expand on Twilight Prnicess, they've got the aiming for sling shot etc good, sword fighting is fine, the whole concept is great. But where to go from here. That's why I was worried when they announced TP for Wii. If i was for cube only they could have sold laods of cubes in the last run of it. Then announced a Zelda Wii. Where graphics were for Wii alone, and controls. I don't know about hte storyline and quests etc, as TP has great ones.

I'd like to see whats happens.

I think this Zelda will do away with midi soundtracks and i hope it has voice acting for everyone but Link. And it had better be good voice acting. Also, I'm betting we'll see some nice graphics, as the Wii is better than a GC in that department, so why not push it?

Ok so, where will this one fit into the timeline? Where did twighlight princess fit into the timeline, and what's the timeline?

We'd all like to know the timeline, but Shigsy-san is stubborn and has only revealed small details. And Eiji Aonuma thinks he created the bloody series and comes out with all sorts about it.

Twilight Princess comes between Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker.

Can't say this is much of a surprise. The 'year underway' comment should be taken with a pinch of salt though, I doubt that's a year of full-fledged game development.

We know this won't release anytime before 2008. I'd say 2009 is a safe guess.

Then Nintendo will announce another Zelda, but then realise it might actually be ported to the Twii as it's about to get released by then. Might make a nice launch title.

Woohoo for Phantom Hourglass, too.

Didn't Reggie say that Twilight Princess "will be the last Zelda as we know it"?

That was Miyamato. And because of that comment i'm pretty sure this Zelda will be totally different, as in VERY unpredictable.