NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

How to play a console on a Laptop?

Can anyone explain to me how to play a console on a laptop/PC monitor? I'm interested in playing my GC on it. Also, try and include the price of what it will cost me.

Thanks in advance :D

look for either a Black Gold or Hauppauge TV card. Both of those are good manufacturers, Black Gold are the best.

is there one that works with mac for under 50 canadian.

i'd love to play tp on my power book g4 since its a widescreen laptop.

I tried that dscaler and the video quality was really fugly. Can't the card use directshow? Vlc and media player classic produces better quality on both of my cards(GPU's composite-in and a tuner cards composite-in).

Here's a pic from media player classic: snapsh50.png

And here's why it's not good to run PAL60 on composite:

snapshp60.png

It's a bit smoother, but the colors look terrible.

If you want to know how those look in fullscreen just save the pics and upscale them to your monitors resolution in photoshop or similar. Note that the pictures themselves are (almost...)4:3 as my monitor isn't widescreen.

I tried that dscaler and the video quality was really fugly. Can't the card use directshow? Vlc and media player classic produces better quality on both of my cards(GPU's composite-in and a tuner cards composite-in).

Thanks, that's much better. Have you got any ideas on making Media Player Classic better at upscaling to fullscreen?

Thanks, that's much better. Have you got any ideas on making Media Player Classic better at upscaling to fullscreen?

There's the play-->filters-->'your capture card's name here'--> properties. On default the video loads on 720*288 which is pretty flat. I choose 720*576 from a drop-down menu.

Usually I just input this

dshow:// :dshow-vdev="" :dshow-adev="" :dshow-size="" :dshow-caching=0 :dshow-chroma="" :dshow-fps=59.000000 :dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner :dshow-tuner-channel=0 :dshow-tuner-country=0 :dshow-tuner-input=0 :dshow-video-input=-1 :dshow-audio-input=-1 :dshow-video-output=-1 :dshow-audio-output=-1

to VLC. It pops up a couple of device settings dialogs, and on one of those there's the resolution option. Most of the settings above are useless, but I haven't had the time to tidy it up. But one setting that definitely matters is :dshow-caching=0 Without it the video output lags 1/5 of a second.

MPC does have nice shader effects to deinterlace and sharpen the image. But I find VLC easier and quicker to set up.

Sign in to follow this