NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii-mote 2?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6675/1/Revamped_Wii-Motes_on_the_Way?

Nintendo Rumour | Revamped Wii-Motes on the Way?

An interesting rumour has sprouted from the gullets of Japanese publication Game Labs, who are reporting that some new and improved Wii remotes may be on the production schedule. Some of the rumoured improvements will correct the flaws of the previous model.

It has been reported that these freshly designed pieces of tech will feature a re-chargable battery, a better grip and it will now feature in several colours.

Perhaps the grip is in response to the many reports of flying Wiimotes?

Stay put with C3 to join in the anticipation,

Well Nintendo have said that they would be releasing different colour Wii-motes in the future!

And it makes sense to improve upon the Wii-mote itself at the same time!

Why the money grabbing scoundrels...

Well if I dont have four by the time they come out then I'll probably buy one or two. If I have maxed my stash out, then too bad cos I already got a rechargeable battery thingy from Argos specifically for the Wii. :heh:

The grip is fine how it is (I can't see them improving it much without uglifying the Remote), and mine has rechargeable batteries.

hmm, Nintendo seem very keen on Wii 'upgrades'. I wouldnt be supprised if they announce a HD Wii with Hard-Drive, these new Wiimotes and DVD playback

Next one im waiting on is an announcement to say theyre making a GC compatable Classic controller (it needs to be done, difficult to find GC pads these days)

Next one im waiting on is an announcement to say theyre making a GC compatable Classic controller (it needs to be done, difficult to find GC pads these days)

Wavebird - £29.99 (expensive, but they have them nonetheless!)http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/genre.asp?platform=NGC&parent=PERIPH&genre=PERI01

Also keep checking play.com, they get Wavebirds in quite often at £17.99

hmm, Nintendo seem very keen on Wii 'upgrades'. I wouldnt be supprised if they announce a HD Wii with Hard-Drive, these new Wiimotes and DVD playback

I wish for both of those things. The GC compatible controller is a must really. If they improve anything in the Wii-mote it needs to be the speaker.

Or a Wii-White GameCube WaveBird.

Er, HD isn't just something you slap on. Some games have trouble keeping up as it is, and upping the resolution almost four times will result in infinitely crappier looking games. Sharp, sure, but crappy nonetheless.

As for the Wiimote though, apart from it costing a small fortune I have no problem with it being upgraded/re-designed a wee (no pun) bit, because the speaker for instance is more or less useless. Nothing that comes out of it will sound like anything resembling what it's supposed to (unless it's radio chatter or something) and it does nothing to immerse you in the game or whatever.

You could also argue that the d-pad is a little bit awkwardly placed, almost always having you reach for the "up" arrow.

I don't really see how the grip needs to improve though, but I have no doubt they COULD improve it in ways I've not thought of. If you're throwing the wiiemote around, you really are doing something wrong, no matter what you claim. Besides, it's easily redeemed by sorting the wrist strap properly. Use two if you have to.

Nobody's saying that they should make it 1080p

720p is a viable Hi-Definition resolution...not that much bigger than the resolutions we have at the moment

But damn you Nintendo...I got 4 Wiimotes >:(

I find nothing wrong with the grip. Rechargeable batteries is just a matter of bundling them with the wiimotes, it's nothing big.

improvements I can think of.

1)more sensitive sensor at the front, perhaps capable of reading the sensor bar from a greater distance? and less susceptible to Christmas tree lights and other light sources..

2)improved speaker quality

3)improved rumble - ie quieter

4)improved battery life

I'm not so bothered about the battery, to be honest I like AA's because they are easy enough to replace. custom batteries require specific chargers, I already have more chargers than I know what to do with.

There are a few wireless power solutions floating around out there, non really ready for widespread commercial use, but still, I'd love it (in dream land) if they sorted it so the wireless controllers were powered wirelessly too.

the grip isn't such an issue either imo

I hope the different controllers come out soon though, because I'm holding out for a couple of black controllers :)

I hope the different controllers come out soon though, because I'm holding out for a couple of black controllers :)
Yeah, they do look awesome!

e301137xq.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(euro)(Yen)Yen)Yen)Yen)Yen)Yen)Yen)Yen)

Well, the jump is still from 720x480 to 1280x720.

Check out how Tomb Raider Legend runs on 480p on the 360, then bump it up to 720p. Yummy it's not. :)

Its not difficult to make it more... grippable. Just make the backs and sides slightly rubbery and resistant to slipping.

Yeah, they do look awesome!

e301137xq.jpg

I bloody-well knew I'd seen blue Wii-motes.. I def want a couple of those....

Its not difficult to make it more... grippable. Just make the backs and sides slightly rubbery and resistant to slipping.

what about those add on rubber glove protectors.. any one tried thm?

I love the Blue Wii-motes!

Shame that the fascias of the white wii-motes don't come off and you can change your colour or something....

improvements I can think of.

1)more sensitive sensor at the front, perhaps capable of reading the sensor bar from a greater distance? and less susceptible to Christmas tree lights and other light sources..

2)improved speaker quality

3)improved rumble - ie quieter

4)improved battery life

WTF??? :wtf:

Do you have your ear to the Wiimote when you play?

It's pretty typical isn't it? I bought my 4th remote on Monday, so I won't be needing any more for now anyway.