NEurope
Retro_Link

Konami = Idiots!

Comments like this really, really anger me!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7668/1/Konami_Discusses_Silent_Hill_on_Wii

Nintendo News | Konami Discusses Silent Hill on Wii

With gamers eagerly awaiting Resident Evil and Manhunt 2 on Nintendo's Wii, Konami has gone on record to basically state its Silent Hill series would be unsuitable for the Wii audience. Talking with Dengeki Playstation recently, Konami's Masashi Tsuboyama was asked about various different topics, but touched upon Nintendo in passing:

"While Nintendo Wii sales are very high, and I applaude Nintendo for their sucess, I dont think Silent Hill is a game that would be sold on Nintendo Wii as much as a game like Zelda would worldwide. This by no means says we will not consider the idea but the general opinion is that Wii is for family games and im sure the fans don't play Silent Hill with their grandma!"

In addition to this point, which could well be quickly negated if both Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Manhunt 2 prove successful in coming months, he also added this comment about the control system:

"Nintendo Wii would be easier to make for but the control scheme would be hard to implement in a Silent Hill game."

ARGH!!
im sure the fans don't play Silent Hill with their grandma!
Just how narrow minded are they!!

- The success of the Resident Evil series and games like Soul Calibre 2 on Gamecube, show there is the audience for mature games.

- The Wii is selling like crazy and there will people of all ages, wanting games for all ages!

- Other developers are delivering mature titles.

- Capcom have managed to produce a survival horror game with Wii controls and in doing so have created the best version.

- There's always classic control options!

I partly blame Nintendo. The Wii is presenting the wrong picture.

For the next Wii, or maybe this gen already, Nintendo should release a console that is technically identical to the 'everybody' version, but give it a different marketing mix; different looks, different name maybe, different pack-in games - make it a Wii gamer's edition. That way everybody is happy and it's clear for developers that the Wii audience cannot be generalised.

All good points there Retro. I totally agree - developers need to get out of the mindset of pigeon-holing the wii. Personally, I think that the greater feeling of interactivity with the wiimote, and the potential variations on the 'point and click' dynamic, could really bring the survival horror genre to life, as it were. It's not all about the granny-waggle ffs!

Im not really that excited by wii resi4, resi4 is an amazing game but ive already played it and beaten it, Im nto got spend more money just to do that again with different controls. I would love to see Silent Hill and PES on the wii though.

Its simple. Wii needs to keep selling more than ever before. As much as it takes before developers start treating the platform seriously. Wii is for everyone. Meaning there should be a variety of games to suit all needs. Some people still dont get it.

"im sure the fans don't play Silent Hill with their grandma!"

What a stupid, bone headed quote. The fans will want to play that game themselves. They can play other games with their grandma. The whole point is that they have a wide selection of games for the console.

Idiots. If they said they wanted to make a graphical heavy game, I'd understand, but these comments are ridiculous.

I have always thought the Silent Hill series was overrated and I didnt really like the 2 that I played ( first and second ) I prefer the R Evil style of gameplay as its more action based but Silent Hill do has a good following so seeing it on the Wii would be a bonus.

If R Evil and Manhunt perform well ( I think they will ) then Konami may have to swallow their pride and admit that mature games will work on the Wii and that people do actually want these kind of games and not just the mini-game collections that we have been getting.

Who cares? I don't think Konami have produced a decent, original game for years.

Capcom ftw.

Who cares? I don't think Konami have produced a decent, original game for years.

Capcom ftw.

I liked MGS3. Not as good as people make it to be, but it's a great game. And Boktai/Lunar Knights is good too.

I have to agree, Konami doesn't put out much worth playing anymore.

Idiots.

So the Wii is outselling the PS3 about 10 to 1 (Is that accurate?) so what Konami are saying that 90% of Wii owners are kids/family.

Fucking retards.

Edit;/ And they freely admit they cant implement decent controls just because the controller is a different shape. So they're also fucking whinnios. (New insult Ive come up with)

Capcom ftw.

Eledees.

I do agree that Capcom ownz them though.

Original is the key word. And I didn't like Boktai.

OK, so Eledees. And I liked Boktai :P

But the funny thing is that the games we like from Konami are games are only from Hideo Kojima, well most of them anyway ^_^

Its a pity that Konami think that Wii is only for pensioners lol. Well, I feel I can survive with not having Silent Hill (sorry guys) but its a crying shame they've made such a comment.

Atleast there's Eledees and heres hoping for more original content from them!

..just give us Pro Evo and you can go home, Konami.. but while you're here, an MGS Wii and Silent Hill Wii would be nice.. or a flipping online ISS would do providing it goes back to it's N64 roots..

Out of all those games, I predict we will get.. Zero.

Yeah an ISS with online would be amazing... but like you say / nando / we really shouldnt get our hopes up.

Atleast there's Castlevania on the Virtual Console! :yay:

Aye.. give us a Castlevania Wii too for crying out loud.. with whip action.. it's so obvious..

Decent is the other keyword :heh:.

Eledees is a fantastic game that was/is being overlooked. Everyone who has played it on these boards loved it to bits, just check out the thread for it.

..just give us Pro Evo and you can go home, Konami.. but while you're here, an MGS Wii and Silent Hill Wii would be nice.. or a flipping online ISS would do providing it goes back to it's N64 roots..

Out of all those games, I predict we will get.. Zero.

Heh look at N-Europe front page.

Personal taste should also be a keyword.