NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

The Anime Network trials in the UK!

I didn't see anyone post this and I couldn't find anything in the Official Anime Thread so here ya go!

ADV Films Brings America’s #1 Anime Channel to UK in New Two-Hour Block on SKY Channel 195, Premiering 3rd June

Houston, TX – May 14, 2007 – Promising to bring UK viewers an edgy fusion of top offerings from America’s #1 Anime Channel, ADV Films and Propeller TV have announced the launch of an Anime Network programming block. The new two-hour block—presented by Sci-Fi Guy extraordinaire Stuart Claw (T4) and manga maven Emma Vieceli (TOKYOPOP UK & Ireland Rising Star of Manga)—debuts on Propeller TV (SKYChannel 195) on 3 June and will air 8:00-10:00pm on Sundays.

Injected with plenty of action, adventure, science fiction and horror, the exciting lineup of animated series includes such favorites as Coyote Ragtime Show, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armour and Elfen Lied, all of which already boast hoards of fans the world over. Today’s news marks the first transatlantic programming deal for Anime Network, wh

“We are undoubtedly thrilled at the opportunity to reach and entertain Propeller TV’s UK viewers through this very cool programming block,” said Stacy Dodson, Anime Network’s Director of Programming. “Propeller already speaks to an audience rife with pop-culture sensibilities, so the lineup we’ve crafted should resonate well.”

Added ADV Films’ Hugh David, who orchestrated the deal: “Anime Network and Propeller TV have a natural synergy that we recognized and tapped into in developing the block. The audience is right. The content is right. The timing couldn’t be better.”

Programming Highlights:

* Coyote Ragtime Show – So long, suckers. Say sayonara to Planet Graceland! Insurrection will not be tolerated! And to prove the point, the government has set a big, bad bomb to blast Graceland right out of the sky! Bullets, blades, bombs and busty beauties… if it’s capable of destruction or distraction, it’s fair game in this chilling, thrilling, killing, blood-spilling series!

* Neon Genesis Evangelion – The year is 2015, and half of the Earth’s population is dead, victims of the disaster called Second Impact! Answering a summons from his enigmatic father, 14-year-old Shinji Ikari arrives in the rebuilt city of New Tokyo-3 just as a gigantic creature identified as an “Angel” attacks! Forced into the cockpit of a giant bio-mechanical construct known as an Evangelion, Shinji must defend the city from the rampaging Angel or die trying!

* Guyver: The Bioboosted Armour – Lurking under the face of everyday life is

For more information on Propeller TV’s Anime Network block, please visit: http://www.animenetwork.co.uk.

About propeller

Broadcast from Yorkshire, propeller (Channel 195 on SKY) is the first digital satellite television channel in Europe to screen 100% new and original programming. Since its launch in February 2006, propeller`s programming has become widely regarded as among the most creative on the Sky platform showcasing raw, edgy and challenging television. An initial £5.2 million of national and regional investment from Yorkshire Forward, the Learning & Skills Council and the Higher Education Funding Council has secured Phase 1 of the channel`s growth to 2009. Further strategic guidance and support from Skillset, the sector skills council for the audio-visual industry in the UK, has seen the channel take the leading role in showcasing the quality work of new and emerging film talent. Propeller TV is a not-for-profit organisation that reinvests any income it generates back into schemes that support new talent and is under the scrutiny of the UK Film Council and Skillset in this role.

About Anime Network

Anime Network, a subsidiary of A.D. Vision Inc. (parent company to ADV Films and Newtype USA), is America’s #1 Anime Channel, reaching nearly 41 million households with thousands of hours of exciting, eye-catching serialized programming. Launched in North America late 2002, Anime Network is the nation’s top video-on-demand (VOD) offering, and is also available as a 24/7 linear channel in several U.S. markets. The network continues to broaden its national roster of multi-system operator (MSO) agreements, bringing the elusive 18–34, tech-savvy male demographic back to television and driving demand for additional digital services offered by MSOs. For more information, visit http://www.theanimenetwork.com.

# # #

Media Contact:

Priority Public Relations

Kristien Brada-Thompson

1-661-964-0333/ [email protected]

If the viewing figures are good, they'll probably launch the channel properly!

Spread the word!

So this is just on Sky?

Sod off...bloody Virgin.

Thats great news, its been ages since weve had anywhere to watch a good amount of anime!

Only 'til 10??

No 15/18 anime'll ever be on then :indeed:

Elfen Lied is mentioned in the post up top. I swear Elfen Lied is naked woman running around killing everyone. Pretty gratutious I think anyway. Evangelion is probably a 15 too.

Don't owrry folks.Remeber Animax is coming.That's a whole 2 anime channels :D

I wanna watch this.Just to annoy my family and I haven't watched anime airing on TV in sooooo long.

So long as they show Ghibli films, Outlaw Star (though I've got it on DVD) etc etc i don't care:heh:

Elfen Lied is mentioned in the post up top. I swear Elfen Lied is naked woman running around killing everyone. Pretty gratutious I think anyway. Evangelion is probably a 15 too.

Elfin Lied is utterly brutal, it's very good, but very very bloody and disturbing. Anyway doubt I'll be able to get this seeing as Virgin Media are a bit rubbish.

This might actually finally get me watching anime. I still haven't watched my GitS dvd.

So long as they show Ghibli films, Outlaw Star (though I've got it on DVD) etc etc i don't care:heh:

Ghibli films are pretty much the only anime that sound good with their english dubs. So yeah, they better :blank:

i remember outlaw star on toonami (the first proper anime channel in like 2003 nows it pokemon and merged with cartoon network) yeh toonami, with the likes of dragonball z and gundam wing and that tenchi demon thingy too, Fox kids had anime too but that was more kiddy stuff (digimon and narato)

Ghibli films are pretty much the only anime that sound good with their english dubs. So yeah, they better :blank:

It's worth noting that Ghibli dubs have a much higher budget than normal anime dubs. (This is coming from someone who thinks the idea of dubbing anything is fundamentally flawed)

Also, only having freeview, I won't get this channel, but I am... interested in what the general response to Elfen Lied will be.

This might actually finally get me watching anime. I still haven't watched my GitS dvd.

*stunned silence*

. . . .

That's why I said them and Outlaw Star and not many other anime :heh:

Bobobo's dub's fine too, simply because it's fucking crazy to begin with.

Did anyone watch or liked the CNX channel?

yeh, but it was only when something of high calibre was on however

Sign in to follow this