NEurope
Emasher

Rumored TOS sequel on the wii

this better be true

i just read the article on the main site

I'm probably the only person who didn't enjoy the first one, at least not enough to keep going.

I'd rather have a new Tales game from Team Symphonia (other than a sequel to Symphonia), or a prequel, still better than nothing and I hope this means we get team symphonia on Wii.

Also... since they're doing a sequel they could bring back symphonia, since the damn thing is out of print in Europe. Make a Wiimake with the PS2 extras while you're at it Namco.

I'm probably the only person who didn't enjoy the first one, at least not enough to keep going.
The argument? yeah it's kinda lame at the beggining but then it picks up, I'm still one of the "kill collette" worshipers though, I hate the bitch. :heh:

The argument? yeah it's kinda lame at the beggining but then it picks up, I'm still one of the "kill collette" worshipers though, I hate the bitch. :heh:

Yeah, I hated her. Symphonia is a good game its just, for me at least, the story was lacking, especially at the beginning where it just seemed like a rip-off of FFX.

Anywa, if there is a sequel/prequel/remake then I imagine it will sell very well as there are many fans of the series and Symphonia itself.

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favourite games on GameCube. I would love a sequel and would definitely get it.

Also there's a game coming for Wii called Sword of Legendia, which is supposed to be a spin-off of the Tales series. I hope this is another game, because that would mean we get 2 different games from the Tales series.

They should do what they did with ToS, release Tales of Abyss from the PS over to a nintendo platform. After all it has been more of a hit over with us.

They could also do a prequel, with you playing as Mithos, Kratos and the others. But I'm guessing it's going to be another game in the Tales series, not directly connected to Symphonia.

I read this in the RSS thing I have when the site was down.

I need to get the first game, but it's over £25/30 everywhere. I just can't justify buying an old game for that much.

I read this in the RSS thing I have when the site was down.

I need to get the first game, but it's over £25/30 everywhere. I just can't justify buying an old game for that much.

You can and you must.

I saw in in Gamestation for £25 I think once, but the box was broken. I'll have another look around, maybe ebay might have it cheap.

Whoo Tales of Symphonia sequel! They'd better put some effort in the Wii controls though; if it's a reuse of the GameCube rescources like IGN says it seems a lazy sequel...

Nope, I didn't either.

Hated the way they represented the monsters on the map, and found the game to be overly frustrating.

*Sigh* Wish they'll release Baldur's Gate III on the Wii when it comes out...

Well, you're not going to have long to wait. I think they'll announce a few goodies like this at E3.

They should do what they did with ToS, release Tales of Abyss from the PS over to a nintendo platform. After all it has been more of a hit over with us.
Hear Hear!

(and I have Tales of the Abyss for the PS2 already)

the game didn't have as good a story at the beginning but i paid so much for the game even a used copy that i decided i better keep going and finally the story got to be one of the best stories in a game i've ever played. do yourself a favor those who gave up, play a little farther.

the game didn't have as good a story at the beginning but i paid so much for the game even a used copy that i decided i better keep going and finally the story got to be one of the best stories in a game i've ever played. do yourself a favor those who gave up, play a little farther.
It's a great game but I wouldn't say one of the best stories in a game ever, I found it cheesy from the beginning to the end.

But it has a few things saving it, first and foremost, because it links with Tales of Phantasia, then... Tales is about fun, so even if the argument is kinda basic and there's a whining bitch there, it manages to be quite fun at places "collete just earned the title ironing board", gameplay is also fun, the story only serves that purpose, probably the whole team wished for Collette to loose his voice as well, and guess what, she did :P

Still, I wouldn't want a direct sequel, rather have a whole new game, and even if they use the same engine like Abyss did (port it Namco) they could focus on the characters not being such, chibi representations, and give them a more mature look.

The story is a bit cliched tbh. Nothing special.

I'd love a sequel; I adored the art style on ToS and loved the battle system. If it reuses the GC engine though I won't be happy.

some 60+ hours it took me to finish tos, and i didn't do any side-questing. that's what i call a lengthy game.

I'd love a sequel; I adored the art style on ToS and loved the battle system. If it reuses the GC engine though I won't be happy.
It's not a bad thing as long as they do it like they should.

Tales of the Abyss used the same engine Tales of Symphonia did, but it was improved in every way.

Using a existing engine just warants that they have a starting ground instead of having to start from scratch.

Still, I'd rather have a Tales game with Symphonia Engine (and Team Symphonia) instead of a sequel.

And like you said if... it's a sequel, I wouldn't like stuff like reusing the GC models for the characters or the same scenarios appearing.

A sequel to Tales of Symphonia might not have Loyd and the others in it though, and that would certainly be better IMO. (considering ToS is a ToP prequel already, and that makes ToP a "sequel") they have 2000 to 4000 years to fill in there, between them, or they could re-make ToP for the twentieth time, this time in 3D and with the Symphonia engine.

Just bring them over! Frankily the anime style, cutscenes, epic music and cheesy storyline was what brought me in! and the battle mechanics kept me hooked.

The overworld mechanics could be improved by quite a lot. Fantastic choice of giving us the option to evade mobs, I'd rather a WoW your are actually in the world rather than walking in a "representation" of the word with select gifs representing bird/ mammal / dragon monster.

*nods* I am campaigning for Tales of Abyss all the way!

I might go play ToS and try to finish it. God I hope they bring another one out.

A ToS sequel would be ToP, right pedro?
yes, ToS was announced as a ToP "sequel" (then it turned out to be a prequel), so that makes ToP a sequel to ToS.

But you have 2000-4000 years between them, so they definetly can fit as many stories as they want in there. question is... Is it worth it?

A prequel would be so much better, or a totally unrelated game (like TotA is)

I'd rather have an entirely new game than a sequel to something that was never meant to have a sequel (looks at FFX-2).

i think its probably a direct sequel to ToS where the protagonist is Lloyd and your main objective (at least at the beginning) is to destroy all the exspheres like Lloyd said he would do at the end.

i would like ToP remake (not a port) that used the tos engine