nintendozahlen.jpg

Wii 13.17 million worldwide.

DS 53.64 million worldwide.

Wii tie ratio = 4.997 including Wii Sports

DS tie ratio = 4.837

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl LTD - 12.17m

Brain Age (1 and 2) - 17.19m

Mario Party 8 - 2.89m

Forecasting 17.5 million Wiis in the retail channel from April 07 to March 08. So far they've pushed 7.33 million into retail in the first half of that period.

This means that Nintendo expects to ship 10.17 million Wiis to retailers between the first of October and the end of next March.

Nintendo Co., maker of the Wii game player, said first-half profit and sales doubled after the console outsold Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3. The company raised its profit outlook to a record for the second time this year.

Net income jumped to 132.4 billion yen ($1.2 billion), or 1,035.36 yen a share, in the six months to Sept. 30, from 54.3 billion yen, or 424.86 yen, a year earlier, the Kyoto, Japan- based company said in a statement today. Sales climbed to 694.8 billion yen from 298.8 billion yen.

Nintendo, whose market value more than doubled this year, sold 7.33 million Wii players in the half, attracting consumers with tennis and boxing games that respond to a player's body movements. The company will sell the ``Wii Fit'' game, promoted as an exercise version, at the end of the year to try to keep its lead against Sony and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360.

Microsoft sold more Xbox 360s than the Wii in September, the first time this year, helped by its ``Halo 3'' shooting title.

Sony earlier this month said it will cut the Japan price of the PlayStation 3 by as much as 10 percent, following a similar reduction in the U.S. Sony will also introduce its cheapest version of the player next month in Japan.

Nintendo, the world's biggest maker of handheld game players, today raised its annual profit outlook to 275 billion yen from a July forecast of 245 billion yen.

Operating profit, or sales minus the cost of goods sold and administrative expenses, rose to 188.8 billion yen in the half- year from 67.1 billion yen a year earlier.

Hmmm, bit weird that they group up the two Pokemon and Brain training games, seems like a little spin there. Otherwise, well done Nintendo I guess, I hope their success leads to more great games for me to play.

Well Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are practically the same game, so it makes sense to.

Some more figures:

DS

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl - 12.17m

Brain Training 2 - 7.53m

Nintendogs - 15.77m

New Super Mario Bros. - 11.50m (highest selling game that doesn't include multiple versions)

Brain Training - 9.66m

Mario Kart DS - 8.53m

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 1.35m

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - 1.29m

Wii

Wii Sports (inc. Bundled) - 11.86m

Wii Play - 6.32m

Mario Party 8 - 2.89m

Super Paper Mario - 1.74m

Big Brain Academy for Wii - 1.38m

Mario Strikers Charged Football - 1.33m

On the release list, DS Novel and Wii Chess are set for Winter 07/08 in Europe.

Wii

Wii Play - 6.32m

Mario Party 8 - 2.89m

Wow.. .that's some good figures for Mario Strikers!!

Wii

Wii Play - 6.32m

Mario Party 8 - 2.89m

Where the hell is Zelda: TP?!

Where the hell is Zelda: TP?!

I'm guessing the figures are from this fiscal year, which means WarioWare / Zelda:TP didn't sell 1 million since April 1st.

I guess you can forgive them though :P.

Zelda: TTP has sold over 5 million copies worldwide:

As of July 2007, the game has sold 3.61 million copies on the Wii,[68] and over 1.32 million on the GameCube, [69] for a combined total of over 5 million units, making it the third-best-selling game in the franchise's history.

See Wikipedia for the sources.

So all this nonsense about Wii games not selling well is exactly that - NONSENSE.

There have already been 7 or more titles that have sold over a million copies on the Wii. Not bad for a console that's still not even a year old.

Zelda: TTP has sold over 5 million copies worldwide:

As of July 2007, the game has sold 3.61 million copies on the Wii,[68] and over 1.32 million on the GameCube, [69] for a combined total of over 5 million units, making it the third-best-selling game in the franchise's history.

See Wikipedia for the sources.

So all this nonsense about Wii games not selling well is exactly that - NONSENSE.

There have already been 7 or more titles that have sold over a million copies on the Wii. Not bad for a console that's still not even a year old.

Only two are third party though :P. Although that number will probably become 4 with Resident Evil 4 and Sonic and the Secret Rings. then maybe RE:UC and Zack and Wiki.

Still, it's doing pretty good software sales, more so for Nintendo.

Only two are third party though :P. Although that number will probably become 4 with Resident Evil 4 and Sonic and the Secret Rings. then maybe RE:UC and Zack and Wiki.

Still, it's doing pretty good software sales, more so for Nintendo.

Wii Sports (11.58 million) (packaged with system in all regions [9.5 million bundled],[52] except Japan [2.08 million sold])[53]

Wii Play (4.49 million)[54]

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3.61 million)[54]

Mario Party 8 (2.89 million)[52]

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)[54]

Super Paper Mario (1.25 million)[54]

Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 million)[55]

Red Steel (1 million)[55]

8 Wii games have sold over a million copies, I'd love to see RE4 and Sonic in there soon.

Wii Sports (11.58 million) (packaged with system in all regions [9.5 million bundled],[52] except Japan [2.08 million sold])[53]

Wii Play (4.49 million)[54]

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3.61 million)[54]

Mario Party 8 (2.89 million)[52]

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)[54]

Super Paper Mario (1.25 million)[54]

Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 million)[55]

Red Steel (1 million)[55]

8 Wii games have sold over a million copies, I'd love to see RE4 and Sonic in there soon.

What about Super Mario Strikers Charged and Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree? You know, the ones Nintendo official just confirmed? :P.

Vgcharts is a bit of an iffy source, I like to use it as a general reference but don't take it as 100% fact. Resident Evil 4 will definitely pass 1 million though, and last time I asked SEGA they said it would >_>.

Although Nintendo's numbers are probably those sold to retailers, so on reconsideration, BBA and SMS might not be 1 million yet, maybe. They'll be very close to it though.

Sorry, ten Wii games have officially passed the million selling mark.

So far, I have gathered the following information:

For the Wii

Wii Sports (11.58 million) (packaged with system in all regions [9.5 million bundled], except Japan [2.08 million sold])

Wii Play (4.49 million)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3.61 million)

Mario Party 8 (2.89 million)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)

Super Paper Mario (1.74 million)

Big Brain Academy for Wii (1.38 million)

Mario Strikers Charged Football (1.33 million)

Rayman Raving Rabbids (1 million)

Red Steel (1 million)

For the XBOX 360

Gears of War (4 million)[16]

Halo 3 (3.3 million in US)[17]

Crackdown (1.5 million)[18]

Perfect Dark Zero (1.5 million)[19]

Call of Duty 2 (1.4 million)[20]

Saints Row (1.4 million shipped)[21]

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (1.4 million)[22]

Dead Rising (1.3 million)[22]

Madden NFL 07 (1.1 million in US)[23]

Dead or Alive 4 (1 million)[24]

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1 million)[23]

For PS3

Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)[98]

MotorStorm (1 million)[99]

This is accurate to the best of my knowledge. It goes someway to dispelling the myth that the Wii is simply shifting consoles and is not driving sales of actual software.

As we can see, Wii software sales are rivalling those of the 360, a system that has been out for a whole year longer. Both however massively eclipse the PS3 which has only seen two titles perform well so far.

As I said in my above posts, Nintendo probably record sales to retail, so SMS and BBA arn't yet million sellers...yet. However they both will be, if not already :/.

Metroid and SMG will no doubt add to that list though, which is already becoming pretty dam impressive.

and how do the hardware sales compare to the competition?

That is a joke right? The Wii is kicking even more arse when it comes to hardware sales. It's already outsold the 360 and that had a year head start and both of them are miles ahead of the PS3.

I think it's the fastest selling console to date in some territories.

Sorry, ten Wii games have officially passed the million selling mark.

And now there's 11. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition has now reached 1 million sales.

And now there's 11. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition has now reached 1 million sales.

Now that's what I call good news! RE4 is one of the best games ever made and it really deserves those sales. It also sends an important message out to developers that quality third party software can sell VERY well on the Wii. Also, I hope gives Capcom a little more to think about with the RE5 situation.

Well that proved Capcom wrong didn't it?!

Great news! :yay:

Yeah as above, RE4 hasn't sold 1 million yet, that's just how much they sold to retail. BBA and MSCF are the same, all 3 are at about 850k - 900k sales to consumers, which is what really matters :P.

Still, all 3 are bound to become million sellers, which spells good news for the Wii. Wii's first year software sales are higher then the Xbox 360's (and obivously PS3's) so third parties don't have a reason not to start making games ground-up for the Wii :P.

Wow resi shipping that much is great news :) They predicted it would only sell around 550k or around there so that's great news for us :) If Zack and Wiki and RE:UC sell well i get the feeling CAPCOM will shower us with their love :)

Wow resi shipping that much is great news :) They predicted it would only sell around 550k or around there so that's great news for us :) If Zack and Wiki and RE:UC sell well i get the feeling CAPCOM will shower us with their love :)

To be fair Monster hunter 3 is already alot of love. Oh, and Okami Wii too. RE4 was 'estimated' to sell 420k by Capcom too, so kudos to that. Here's hoping we can get some Megaman-love from Capcom, provided they make it good :).

Anywho, I hope it's not just Capcom who hear about the news. It's pretty dam incredible sales for the game and hopefully will get us some more mature games, and hopefully just some more adventure type games.

Sign in to follow this