NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nightwolf

Download!

Ok so we nearly took up the singles thread I thought it was best making a new one.

I'm definately going to download this year, it'll be my first download and I'm really looking forward to it.

Has anyone been before, or wants to go this year?

What do you think about having offpspring/judas priest/lost prophets/kiss as the list for download right now?

:)

It's not an offpsring bashing thread..

unless I accidently typed it whilst trying to type download..

I'm happy about Lostprophets playing and apparently it's their first outdoor festival headline slot in the UK.

Oh and hi. I'm new.

Welcome to the forums ^.^

I saw lost prophets early last year, and I've always liked their older stuff, I'd probably go see them at download, if they don't get bottled.

I don't mind the Offspring, remind me of days camping out in arcades playing Crazy Taxi for hours on end. I'd go see Priest, because, well, they're Priest, but Lost Prophets and HIM suck large amounts of dick.

If Lamb of God and Killswitch play again this year, I may have to go.

Most likely going! :)

Depends on if my free boat tickets come through, and general funding, but Ive high hopes.

I dont really like any of the bands so far, but if anything it'll be for the experience.

If as you said Skindred play, then yes, as Skindred are fucking awesome live(Saw 'em support Reel Big Fish), and other bands will probably make up for not so good headliners. (And the smaller tents usually have some cool bands playing)

Welcome to the forums ^.^

I saw lost prophets early last year, and I've always liked their older stuff, I'd probably go see them at download, if they don't get bottled.

When have they ever been bottled?

I've seen Lostprophets twice and they are one of my favourite bands. I saw them at Reading and they were amidst the bottle throwing escapades for that day because AVA and PATD were playing near the time slot. No-one threw bottles at them because they were amazing. Probably amongst top 3 for bands playing a Reading last year for me.

I would go Download but Reading is where its at!

I have been to download twice. Both times were very fun, but I don't think i'll go again. I have been to quite a few festivals and the venue is the worst I have been to, the price is the most I have paid and its just too dusty!

If you have never been though I whole heartedly recommend it, there are generally some really excellent bands playing, and some little gems tucked away on the smalled stages that are worth all the dust!

I have just had my ticket for ATP confirmed, easily the best festival I have ever been to, this'll be my 3rd in 12 months!

If as you said Skindred play, then yes, as Skindred are fucking awesome live(Saw 'em support Reel Big Fish), and other bands will probably make up for not so good headliners. (And the smaller tents usually have some cool bands playing)

Yea Skindred are good. Seen them last night when I went to the Bullet concert.

Also where and whens download? I might go.

I always thought this was a big download fest. With loads of Computers and such.

I was sad when I heard it was a music thing.

Seen Lostprophets 3 times and have been brilliant everytime. Never seen The Offspring but they've been mega influential on the music i listen to so i love them :). Smash is such a brilliant album. Hoping to get to Download if i can get cheaper tickets closer to the time.

N-E Meet-up?

Think im going this year. It gets talked about every year but for some odd reason nothing ever happens and we end up at V/Leeds instead. This year im determined to do all 3! :D

The Offspring getting announced is amazing! Really want to see them again! Lost Prophets have been great the last twice i've seen them and with Incubus a strong rumour im well happy!

It's all about Leeds/Reading this year though. I mean how the hell does one UK festival get Rage AND Metallica to play?!?!?! Sure Rock AM in Germany managed it but they always have the best line-up in Europe!

If a good few N-Ers go then chances are i'll try my best to go aswell for the festival and to meet some folk.

Lol @ Offspring.

What the...

The Offspring as bloody awesome. It's songs like Gone Away that show how bloody fantastic they are. Gotta love dexter holland!

kiss are easily the best band on the planet earth.

Hahahahaha. They suck. Like you've no idea...

Huge.

Even more than Bon Jovi. Or Motley Crue. *Shudder*

What the...

The Offspring as bloody awesome. It's songs like Gone Away that show how bloody fantastic they are. Gotta love dexter holland!

But what are they doing headlining Download, which is traditionally a metal festival?

But what are they doing headlining Download, which is traditionally a metal festival?

Trouble is with it being a metal festival is the fact that headliners will be so hard to find. Theres not many others that could headline who haven't in the past few years.

Sign in to follow this