NEurope
The fish

Jeff Buckley For Christmas No.1!

Stop the XFactor getting the UK Christmas number one, and buy Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's beautiful Hallelujah!

It's currently fighting for 2nd place with Never Gonna Give You Up, but with enough extra people, this can be pushed all the way!

Facebook Group

Cheapest download which counts towards UK charts.

This may well be the final chance to stop the XFactor version becoming this generation's 'standard' version!

I want to cry at how annoying this is becoming.

IT WILL NOT BEAT IT.

It was the fastest selling download ever, and will no doubt go on to be the best selling single of Christmas - by a longshot.

I like that on iTunes store, on the rotating main ads on the homepage, the one directly after Alexandra is Jess Buckley! :D

I want to cry at how annoying this is becoming.

IT WILL NOT BEAT IT.

It was the fastest selling download ever, and will no doubt go on to be the best selling single of Christmas - by a longshot.

He knows what he is talking about :heh:

It might not beat it, but it'll show that some people aren't gonna buy into the Simon Cowell shitfest.

I shall support this campaign, as I have The Ultimate Rick Roll!

We should at least promote a good version. Such as The original

Fixed

Not that there is anything wrong with Buckley's version either, but Leonard Cohen is the man. Not may people can write a song about receiving a blow job and not make it sound crude after all.

We should at least promote a good version. Such as John Cale's.

+1. And can we kill Rufus Wainwright while we're at it?

Jeff has a chance to be number 2. We can still make history by having the same song at the top two slots and prove there are people out there rebelling against shitty Alex and her bad, bad cover.

That site accepts PayPal too, and it's only 49p so I may well go for it. :)

I'm just glad fucking Terry Wogans atrocity is nowhere in the running!!

As for this....I've given up on the music industry a LONG time ago!

The reality TV boom just shows how fucking stupid the general public are.

As for this....I've given up on the music industry a LONG time ago!

No need to give up on the whole industry, just the (mostly) shitty pop / reality tv part which I agree is an atrocity.

So, three seperate campaigns split between Rick Astley, the Pogues and Jeff Buckley up against the marketing behemoth of X Factor.

It ain't going to happen. All Christmas number ones have been shit since the dawn of time anyway and it's only rose tinted glasses which make yesteryears seem any better than todays. I'm sure in 20 years there'll be campaigns to get the 2008 X-Factor songs back to number one instead of what the general public is into then as well.

Jeff has a chance to be number 2. We can still make history by having the same song at the top two slots and prove there are people out there rebelling against shitty Alex and her bad, bad cover.

Dude, I can't believe you said Alex was shitty, she isn't shit at all, she's a great singer and her cover isn't that bad. OK, I like Jeff's version a little better but Alex isn't shitty, imagine if Oghun did the cover, then you'd have something to complain about! haha

But anyway, Haggis is right, it's not going to happen. It's the fastest ever download, therefore it's never going to happen. However, I don't agree with people putting money in Simon's pocket. GERALDINE MCQUEEN FOR CHRISTMAS NUMBER #1 simply for the reason that it is actually a Christmas song and it's great! :smile:

As Spenno said a few days ago something along the lines of.

"Just standing on stage saying the names of things from childhood in a Northen accent aren't funny....*impression* ~ School dinners eh? Who remembers them, hahahaha*"

Hate him.

A question fish, which version am I suppose to buy. iTunes has one version at 3rd and one at 14th. Do both count, or should I just go for the one that's 3rd?

Peter Kay is a twat.

On occasions I've found him a lil humourous. But with this Britain's got the ... the moment they show his smug twat face at the end of the advert makes me wanna punch him.

Anything other than an X-Factor number 1 will do me nicely. 3 campaigns for number 1 between Pogues, Rick Astley and Jeff Buckley. You know, i don't mind which one of these 3 makes it up to number 1, just as long as the X-Factor don't ruin it again. Show Cowell that we don't buy his shite.

But alas, it is a slim chance of one of these 3 making it to number 1.

A question fish, which version am I suppose to buy. iTunes has one version at 3rd and one at 14th. Do both count, or should I just go for the one that's 3rd?
They won't both count, because they are two different tracks of the same song; so stupidly people have been buying different tracks which will devide the sales!

Beyonce is doing well! She's got:

@ 4 - If I were a boy

@ 6 - Listen [because of the X Factor performance with Alexandra]

@ 15 - Single Ladies [new single]