NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Monado: Beginning of the World

you see THIS is the sort of thing they should be focusing on in the conference.. these tiny little gem of games that fill the gaps.. i had no doubt they had games but that conference probably wasn;t the best way to show them :)

Interresting.

I can't say much considering I don't know much. HOWEVER, I think the game needs a bit more visual polish!

Probably looking for someone to publish it outside of Japan.

Looks good, but as far as RPGs go, it'll be hard to stand out from the crowd.

Probably looking for someone to publish it outside of Japan.

It's on the US release list (it hasn't got a date, but it's still on the list).

It's on the US release list (it hasn't got a date, but it's still on the list).

Ah ok, couldn't really see any info about it. Looks like a nice fully blown RPG but it's hard for this genre to stand out on the Wii next to the very high graphic ones in the HD systems.

And as much as I wish that the gameplay and storyline would be the test, it's just not.

I had great interest in this title. When I first seen these screens, it reminded me of PSO. I'm really looking to more details on this. There is a lot of games I want now coming out for the Wii, screw this casual crap, this is where it's at.

Anyone else thinking Dynamic Slash has had a name change?

Nah, Dynamic Slash was prettier, and had a female protagonist.

@ Emasher - Yeh that's what I initially thought. When I saw the screenshots I thought it was Dynamic Slash but after watching the trailer, it really doesn't look like it as Dynamic Slash was more action oriented than rpg. Still, this doesn't look too bad. Environments seem big enough from the trailer so there should be some form of exploration factor.

This does look good. I disagree about the conference point though - seems little point in spending time on stuff like this as it will only look weak compared to Golden Sun and FF:CC, even if in name alone.

Plus, let's face it, even with good marketing this isn't going to be a million seller.

It's a new IP, so really, it wouldn't be that surprising. Won't stop it from being a good game if all turns out well though :)

I prefer stuff like this out of the conference though, means you don't get everything all at once.

Lol, nice! I was gonna skip over this thread and go to bed- thought it was just some little kiddy game or something someone had put out. But I hovered over it and read Monado is a Nintendo published RPG. :o Good stuff!

I'm not overly fussed with the screens at this point- don't seem too inspiring. But come on, its an RPG and its on the Wii so it hasn't much to compete with for my attention.

god your twitter is a bitch dark :D i keep accidently clicking it :D

You have no idea how many times i've done that aswell. Too much...

I agree, that big blank space is subliminal advertising (ish)! It annoys the hell out of me when I'm reading a page. :heh:

This looks awesome! I don't care if the graphics aren't the best, I'm a sucker for RPGs, and this sure is enticing. :D

god your twitter is a bitch dark :D i keep accidently clicking it :D

Haha, really? I thought it was pretty inconspicuous...

You have no idea how many times i've done that aswell. Too much...

Really...? o.O

I agree, that big blank space is subliminal advertising (ish)! It annoys the hell out of me when I'm reading a page. :heh:

Oh ok. I edited!

Do you all randomly click on sigs anyway or what?! :heh:

This looks awesome! I don't care if the graphics aren't the best, I'm a sucker for RPGs, and this sure is enticing. :D

Hmm, I like your enthusiasm (RPGs fans unite!) but I still can't help but think Monado's graphics are a tad pants... especially up close.

We only really saw a few seconds of Dynamic slash though, and what we did see looked more like a technical demo than anything. At this point, I wouldn't count it out.

The main character reminds me of Emil from ToS: DotNW.

4.jpg

Lol @ teh Giant Enemy Crab... attack it's weakspot for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

sorry... some jokes will never die. :heh:

Lol @ teh Giant Enemy Crab... attack it's weakspot for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

sorry... some jokes will never die. :heh:

I'm officially inducting "Ever wanted to see what the underside of an Avatar's shoe looks like?.... BAM!" to that hall of fame :heh:

Yeah, it appears that the whole "BAM" thing is this years big joke, I laughed my back off at it! :D

Hmm what's this 'BAM!' thing you speak of? is it more lol-worthy then teh almighty Giant Enemy Crab? :o

Sign in to follow this