NEurope
ReZourceman

Okay....That Was Fucking Awesome!

Who's idea? Fucking legend. Had about 10 calls from 12:30pm today, and 6 messages left.

EDIT; Its not clear apparently ; I didn't do this. Someone did this and used my number. After me posting it here and saying "Whats the worst that could happen" lol.

Here is the link.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/35/40584735.html

So yeah I had about 5 messages from people singing Rick Astley down the phone to me. Absolutely brilliant.

Since I finished work 20 minutes ago, I've had 3 people call, and I've explained to them. Good work guys, seriously epic prank.

I'll try and upload the messages they left to YouTube. :):yay:

I'm guessing its Jay?

Edited by ReZourceman

Shit, and I thought I was the only one who got that idea. :p Now it's too late, the element of surprise is gone. Damn it! :heh:

Clarification: When I saw ReZ had posted his number, I immediately got the idea of prank calling him, later adopting the RickRoll idea from MoogleViper, I think it was. Well, that's that plan ruined. :heh:

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Chair I don't think you understand....

I do, because there's no way for them to know who won it, but it just feels like a really irresponisble and stupid thing to do - to play with people's hopes, pointlessly.

I'd be clapping if you gave it away.

I do, because there's no way for them to know who won it, but it just feels like a really irresponisble and stupid thing to do - to play with people's hopes, pointlessly.

I'd be clapping if you gave it away.

Sorry it wasn't 100% clear, but

A) I didn't do it.

B) Its not irresponsible. Anyone who falls for it is a little bit of an idiot anyway, and besides its just a bit of fun.

Edited by ReZourceman

lol. That's classic. I'm tempted to phone you up Rez and give you a rendition of the song. Even if there's no prize :heh:

Hahah, just had a phone call from Bluey, it was her. Megalol. Good showing Bluey. She was apologetic, but I applaud this valiant prank.

Seriously....it got TOTAL STRANGERs to Rick Roll me. As Shorty said, that shits fucking inspired. :)

*bows* i even started the phone call with a PS3 winning rendition ;)

the mention of prank calls AND rickrolling inspired me... Hehe. Good sport rez :)

and the best thing is i'm working a split shift till 11 today and can only access internet from my phone.... So i can't even delete the ad yet! Tho i think gumtree have cottoned on and deleted it already... Maybe...

The phone calls have stopped now....I didn't particularly want them too. Lol one person said (after I explained it....they were chavvy btw) "Okay. Dick." and I text back saying "Okay, you're the one who fell for it though? *Plays my PS3*"

Brilliant.

What am I looking at in the link? I don't get what this thread is about.

Same^. I'm thinking someone put an ad on gumtree with ReZ's number, saying to rick-roll it for a PS3, or something like that.

Rez posted his mobile number in the meetup thread prompting a few 'omg! People will prank call u!' replies... To which rez said something along the lines of 'its fine.. Not like anyone's gunna rickroll me over the phone' which i took as a challenge. :)

so i posted an ad on gumtree saying

free ps3! To the person who calls my mobile and gives me the best rendition of rick astley's never gunna give you up.

So basically a bunch of random ppl have been calling rez and singing to him thanks to me :)

yeah it's silly... But its ok cause rez has a sense of humor :grin:

Rez posted his mobile number in the meetup thread prompting a few 'omg! People will prank call u!' replies... To which rez said something along the lines of 'its fine.. Not like anyone's gunna rickroll me over the phone' which i took as a challenge. :)

Lol, I said nothing of the sort! Although I did say I encourage prank calls.

I started getting loads, and I thought it was something the people in NE chat were planning.

Is the advert still up? Also Rez get them on Youtube, I can't wait to hear them.

Will try. My PC is fucked for drivers so I think I'll have to attempt it on the laptop.

It was pretty good.

It had why he was giving it away, what specs the ps3 were and everything.

Looked so legit.