NEurope
Dyson

Festivals 2010!

It's getting to that time once again, in which festival lineups are beginning to be revealed and bank accounts emptied. We've already had announcements for Glastonbury and V Festival (Kasabian and Kings of Leon) and at the end of March the Reading/Leeds Festival lineups will be revealed.

So far the rumoured headliners are Blink 182, My Chemical Romance and....the almighty Arcade Fire. And even if Arcade Fire are the only band playing over the weekend I'll remotely enjoy I'll still buy my ticket, as I can't even begin to imagine the atmosphere during their set. It'd be immense. Other bands rumoured include Hole, Green Day, Julian Casablancas, Paramore and strangely enough Soundgarden.

No doubt I'll be seeing most of you on here during the great ticket rush of March 2010 in a bid for backdoors on to the ticket sites and lineup chatter, but what are your plans? Anyone else thinking of going to Reading Festival this year, or perhaps upping sticks and taking yourselves to a European festival such as Sziget (was sorely tempted myself..)?

(also hi again n-e, lol.)

I wanted to go to Rock Werchter this year but have no one to go with heh. As has been the case for a few years now. Fail. =(

There's Pukkelpop but no names have been announced yet, plus the same thing of no company to go with would apply I guess. I actually went alone two years ago, but after spending a day alone at the festival I felt so extremely and utterly depressed I gave my wristband to my sister.

*sobs*

No doubt I'll be seeing most of you on here during the great ticket rush of March 2010 in a bid for backdoors on to the ticket sites and lineup chatter, but what are your plans? Anyone else thinking of going to Reading Festival this year, or perhaps upping sticks and taking yourselves to a European festival such as Sziget (was sorely tempted myself..)?

(also hi again n-e, lol.)

I expect I too will be attending Reading once again, although with the exception of Arcade Fire (Who will probably be lost on the reading crowd anyway) the headliners fill me with indifference. Glasto and Bestival sounds far superior this year. Owell it's always good.

I expect I too will be attending Reading once again, although with the exception of Arcade Fire (Who will probably be lost on the reading crowd anyway) the headliners fill me with indifference. Glasto and Bestival sounds far superior this year. Owell it's always good.

Pretty much spot on for me. I know the rest of the bill will be fine though. Weren't Muse self-confirmed for Reading/Leeds 2010 after an interview last year though? I'm sure I remember something about that.

Pretty much spot on for me. I know the rest of the bill will be fine though. Weren't Muse self-confirmed for Reading/Leeds 2010 after an interview last year though? I'm sure I remember something about that.

I vaguely recall that yeah, everyone was wanting them to play yesteryear and word was they'd play 2010 instead... Can't see it anymore though; doing glasto and Reading / Leeds is pretty unlikely...

Still, good thing about Reading is that there tends to be someone worth seeing on one of the stages at any given point I suppose.

I'll be at Download this year with some of my friends. *Rolls around in a rock and roll manner*

The Reading lineup looks hella shit, so I doubt I'll be going this year.

I'll probably be going to Reading, but I don't really have high hopes for the line-up. Download this year is fantastic, but I really doubt I'll be able to go because it's slap bang in the middle of my exams. Also holding out for some free Sonisphere tickets, my mate managed to get free tickets last year because it didn't sell out.

A couple of mates got some tickets for V today. I was thinking about going myself but after seeing the line up and realizing there were only two acts I was interested in, I decided not to bother.

Got my ticket for Glastonbury back in November, couldn't imagine going to any other festival in the UK anymore.

Had to get up and buy V festival tickets for the sister this morning. After getting in at 3 and waking up at 8:50 to get the blasted tickets, I was not happy to be reliving the nightmare that is purchasing festival tickets. So frantic.

She owes me. I'm too nice.

I'll be at Download this year with some of my friends. *Rolls around in a rock and roll manner*

Agreed!

I'm definately off to download again this year, I had saw an awesome time. Get to take the boyfriend, the best friend, the best friends boyfriend and my male best friend.

Fun will be had. :D

Bump!

I'm thinking about going to Rock Werchter for one day. Wish I could go the full four days but I have no one to go with. So might just go the first day and hang out there by myself like the sad person I am. =P

Line-up for that day is good though.

Main Stage

Faithless

Muse

Stereophonics

Phoenix

Skunk Anansie

Pyramid Marquee

Crookers

Bloody Beetroots Deathcrew 77

La Roux

The XX

Midlake

Kyteman's Hiphop Orchestra

I'd mainly be going for the bands on the main stage heh.

Reading Fest tickets are on sale people - anyone got any precious backdoors?!

How can they expect me to buy a ticket without knowing the line up?

You can be a sheep like me. Rumoured to be Blink182, Arcade Fire and Guns n Roses, but it'll be announced in like...15 minutes. Reading Festival backdoor here

Blink182 just self confirmed, lol.

must be a wank line up, if there selling before the line up is announced.

Glasto sold out this year before the line-up was announced. Tune in to Radio 1 at quarter past seven for the line-up announcement.

must be a wank line up, if there selling before the line up is announced.

Yeah, not like any other major festivals do this

oh wait

Yeah sorry, but last year they sold tickets same time the line up was announced. Which was rather nice of them.

How can they expect me to buy a ticket without knowing the line up?

Thats how festivals are these days, just the 'in' thing to do in the summer. It no longer matters who's playing or why.

Glasto sold out this year before the line-up was announced. Tune in to Radio 1 at quarter past seven for the line-up announcement.

Point proven.

I'm well tempted to get a day ticket if Blink are playing, but how can you even consider buying one if you don't know the line up.. Madness-Sparta-Failcakes-etc.

Main stage Friday: Queens of the Stone Age followed by Guns n Roses.

reading_final.gif

Arcade Fire, Frank Turner, Crystal Castles, Klaxons, Queens of the Stone Age, Enter Shikari and to a lesser extent Dizzee, PAramore and Blink. Very excited! Now to get a fucking ticket..