NEurope
gaggle64

F1 2010 from Codemasters

Okay okay, so there's, like, 5 people on this whole forum this might be of immediate interest but still.

F1 2010 - First screen shots!

4422286522_219c28954a_o.png

4422286608_05022d3ef2_o.png

Features include:

- Extensive career mode - work your way up from the bottom by completing specific objectives eg. beating your team mate, certain rivals or besting target times.

- Talk about your team in pre- and post-race interviews - how you respond to questions (apparently voiced by real life members of the BBC Radio 5 F1 coverage team) affects your relationship with the team.

- Dynamic weather effects & advanced damage models

- Game modes also include GRAND PRIX, Championship, Time Trial and "Extensive multiplayer options"

- Due out September 2010 for 360, PS3 & PC

More info here annnnnd here.

Does look reet tasty, Guessing the whole team thing will be done well since codemasters have done it before.

Shame it comes out near the back end of the season, DLC for car upgrades from race to race and such would be brilliant.

They can release it next year for all I care, just so long as they deliver a quality title.

As expected they added lots of brown!

well done on Gridifying F1.

Looks good, I love GRID and the other Codemasters racing games so I'm sure this will be great. Hopefully they stay in business long enough to release the finished game.

Its about time they released an F1 game for this gen console (minus Wii, they already have one or two out). Looks good from the two shots though.

It looks really nice, with the general polish and wrapper codies tend to put around their racing game I think this could be great. Just annoyed we have to wait so long for it.

I'm glad this is coming, nice to finally have a next gen F1 game other than the launch title on the PS3.

Yeah looks good, but it's so annoying the 2010 season will be drawing towards the end by the time this comes out.

Be great if there were little things like the option to turn on fuel stops in the race.

A slightly minor point but I'm incredibly glad to see a wing snapping off in that video. It's been too long coming for an F1 game with decent damage modeling. I'll be disappointed if I'm not shearing other people's wheels off through the Monaco harbor tunnel. :heh:

I'll be disappointed if I'm not shearing other people's wheels off
If they've built an accurate sim, then all you'll need to do is drive as Mark Webber! :D

I just noticed another attention to detail... choose helmet cam inside a Force India and you get mirrors! Choose it inside a Toro Rosso... and you don't! :laughing:

The bit that takes my breath away is the replay at the end and you can see the water droplets streaming down the body of the car on some of the on-board angles. Gorgeous.

JUst seen the video...

Holy crap Spa, that looked beautiful. Defo gonna need to pick up that new looking 360 with this, online races are gonna be sick.

I am particularly happy about the dynamic weather system, changing conditions mid race is really going to authenticate the experience. But I'm a little confused at the video, in that we only see 22 cars participating.

I am particularly happy about the dynamic weather system, changing conditions mid race is really going to authenticate the experience. But I'm a little confused at the video, in that we only see 22 cars participating.
Maybe it's so authentic that the Hispania's stalled at the end of the pit lane. ;)

Wonder if dry lines start to develop and you can really feel a handling difference on and off it?... should do if they have weather changing mid race.

Edited by Retro_Link