NEurope
Daft

Tron Legacy

tron-legacy-trailer-video.jpg

So, Tron Legacy is the sequel to the 1982 film Tron.

For those of you who don't know, SHAME ON YOU.

1084352813_4d6f7530f4.jpg

Daft Punk are doing a 24 track score.

The cast:

500x_tron-legacy-banner-2.jpg

Olivia Wilde - Quorra

Michael Sheen - Castor

Jeff Bridges - Kevin Flynn / Clu 2.0

James Frain - Jarvis

tron.jpg

Garrett Hedlund - Sam Flynn

Bruce Boxleitner - Alan Bradley / Tron

tl-5.jpg

tl4.jpg

End of line.

Probably the next film I will see in cinemas to be honest (maybe Scott Pilgram, but I can see that passing me by).

In preparation for this film my desktop has looked liked this the past 4-5 months:

desktop-1.jpg

So yes, I am very excited.

I have this at work.

tron-legacy-desktop.png

I wanted these but the screen isn't big enough.

tron-legacy2f.jpg

tron-legacy2d.jpg

I love.

I'm going to change it to this tomorrow;

5.png

or this,

6.png

Edited by Daft

I've never seen the original. =(

Is it necessary to watch the first one if you want to go see this one? I mean I vaguely know what it's about but nothing more than that heh.

I know everything about this film. ;)

But bless him for trying eh?

Eenuh/Dan worth a shot. Its only about 90 minutes out of your life.

Particularly you Dan, its such an important part of Chuck! :p

Speaking of if there's not some mention of this in the new season of Chuck I'll be sourly disappointed.

So they....drive on motor cycles and create laser walls to kill their opponents?

They should just buy a knife, or a gun or something.

September 20th if I recall correctly. Too lazy to check. Around then though.

newchucktronposter.jpg

Everyone else will enjoy it more than you.

The score is by Daft Punk, I'm already going to enjoy it more than everyone. No matter what happens.

So they....drive on motor cycles and create laser walls to kill their opponents?

They should just buy a knife, or a gun or something.

You've not seen Tron? YOU have not seen Tron?... They're on the game grid, you fool.

Your geek/nerd/awesome status has been revoked.

September 20th if I recall correctly. Too lazy to check. Around then though.

Unclean.

End of line.

Edited by Daft

Daft you get me hyped for things I never planned on seeing.

Consider me aroused. :D that sounds creepier than it should do.

i love you.

Unclean.

End of line.

What's unclean about Chuck returning in September?

Full details on plot:

All TRON movies and stories take place in a digital world where computer programs - of any type - often take on behavior and characteristics of people. The world is filled with code that drives the actions of programs and defines all the rules of objects, like high-tech vehicles, landscapes, and architecture where programs live and work up to, and sometimes beyond, their programming.

There have ben two digital realms. The first was created within Encom's mainframe where, in 1982, Kevin Flynn found himself after being digitized by a lazer when the Master Control Program sensed his intrusion. In this world, programs physically looked like their users, or those who created them. While programs had specific functions, like accounting or security, they had the freedom to do their jobs in their own way. The Master Control Program stifled this system and instead of doing their functions, programs were often sent to the Game Grid. After Flynn and his allies removed the tyranny and corruption of the Master Control Program, the system flourished.

Based on all he'd learned in the first digital world, Kevin Flynn built a second, improved realm he called the "TRON System"that was designed to develop and evolve far beyond the first. By perfecting digitization with a laser, and housing the new Grid on servers in the basement of his arcade, Flynn could enter and leave as often as he liked to foster and research his system. It was a brand new world capable of flourishing in unimaginable and astounding ways. And it did.

With a wife, and then with Sam, his son, Flynn found it harder and harder to make time for work and family - though he made it clear that he was onto something that would change the world. Then, one night in 1989, Flynn left for work and never came home.

While 28 years have passed in the real world, over 1000 years have passed in the TRON one. As one might expect, the passing of so many cycles has allowed for numerous events and historic moments. And now some of those stories will be told.

04_TRON_lightCycleComponentStudy.jpg

01_TRON_lightCycleStudy.jpg

02_TRON_lightCycleEngineStudy.jpg

03_TRON_lightCycleAirBrakes.jpg

05_TRON_lightRunnerModelConcept.jpg

I have to say this is looking awesome. I'm well pleased it's not just another remake which seems to be the in thing at the moment.

Can't wait to see it.

I can't wait for this man. Mainly for the Daft Punk score, but I liked the original and the trailers have been pretty cool. Loving the visuals. :)