NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ashley

Boardwalk Empire

Started last night in America. Will get round to watching it at some point but just wondering if anyone else is interested in it?

Remember reading about this a few weeks ago. Sounded interesting to me just forgot when it was going to start. Will give it a watch later on this evening. Surprised, though, there hasn't been a larger amount of commotion about it given it's Scorsese's first TV drama. Maybe there has been and I've just not been paying attention. ::shrug:

As I said, I'll give it a watch later on this evening. Haven't really extended to any of the new shows this season other than Nikita (and even that's following ground that was tread by two previous action shows closely so far) so it'll be something different for me.

So got round to watching this earlier and really enjoyed it. Not the kind of thing I'd normally go for with a TV show but it has the right ingredients to captivate and I can see myself continuing to watch it as there's plenty going on in the course of the hour or so the episode lasted to give enough variety in plot points.

The set they've created for the location really is remarkable in the amount of detail they've put in to make it feel like the 1920s. But then when you sink $50 Million into a project, you'd expect it to be as good as it appears in the show.

Will also say, for those waiting to see when it's coming to UK TVs, it starts airing in January on Sky One I believe.

Watched it last night. Enjoyable. Didn't quite know what was happening at times (why do all white men look alike?) but I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

DO WANT!

i'm not one for streaming / watching programs online after its been on American TV...

so you've guessed it, the inevitable question..

any ideas when this will be on UK TV, i know Sky and HBO have recently got that agreement in place, so get the feeling that this would probably show on Sky Premier much like The Pacific did. which is pretty annoying as i dont have Sky Movie package and dont want to as it's ridiculously expensive.

can anyone confirm if it will be on Sky Movies, or if we'll get lucky and have it on FX, Sky 1 or something along these lines?

While there's nothing confirmed it does look that way.

The Sky/HBO deal is kind of annoying. Last year Entourage was on ITV2 3 days after it aired in America. The current season has finished airing in America and still no sign of it in the UK.

DO WANT!

i'm not one for streaming / watching programs online after its been on American TV...

so you've guessed it, the inevitable question..

any ideas when this will be on UK TV, i know Sky and HBO have recently got that agreement in place, so get the feeling that this would probably show on Sky Premier much like The Pacific did. which is pretty annoying as i dont have Sky Movie package and dont want to as it's ridiculously expensive.

can anyone confirm if it will be on Sky Movies, or if we'll get lucky and have it on FX, Sky 1 or something along these lines?

Did mention it in one of my posts but then I did talk about the episode as well so probably got lost in there.

This'll be airing here in the UK in Jaunary on Sky One.

That's quick, and rather unexpected. Must of had some good viewer figures for the pilot then. Was worried HBO wouldn't be willing to sink more money into another season, seeing as it's cost $50 million already.

HBO usually renew early. They have renewed Big Love for the last few seasons about four episodes in.

Anyway yeah some good figures apparently. 4.8 million in the first showing and some 2.3 million extra in repeats.

This'll be airing here in the UK in Jaunary on Sky One.

Love You :)

Sign in to follow this