NEurope
jayseven

Why life sucks.

First things first; it mostly sucks because I'm a lazy SOB who is shit.

Right.

Today I woke up at 1pm (I know), in a slow but persistent determination to go to this stupid thing the job centre signed me up for (some 6 week course). I grab my mail as I head out of teh door for my 2pm appointment and I find a letter telling me that the appointment has been cancelled as the entire fucking company thing is closing down permanently tomorrow.

- Surely they knew this when they set the appointment last week, so why waste my time

- Letter arriving the DAY of the interview is stupid, but then so is waking up at 1pm

So I decide to job-centre it for a bit (online). An hour later and I've just come away furious and depressed! I search "copywriter in brighton" and it gives me manicure positions and anaesthetiologists (or however it's spelt) positions, the latter is depressing because it's a 90k a year job with a shitload of benefits and, honestly, how hard can it be to be? Sure, years of training blah-de-blah but I just feel like I could've done that.

But no. Instead I've got a shit degree that'll get me nowhere.

And my girlfriend's in another continent :(

I'm just so fucked off with the whole system of society right now (blaming everything else before I blame myself).

GRAH. FFS. POOBUM.

The job centre website's search function is notoriously shit. Try sites like Monster, fish4jobs and http://www.brightonlocaljobs.co.uk/

Also, start sleeping at normal times. It gets dark now at 6pm and the clocks are changing soon. 5 hours of daylight, and shrinking, per day will put a total downer on everything.

We both should have studied law or business or something like that. Still early enough in your life if you decide you want to try again. At 90k/year, no student loan would matter.

Life sucks, because I instinctively place people on scales/spectrums.

This results in the fact that in every domain in life, I think I'm better than some people, and not as good as others.

The problem culminates into the worst thing is when these domains fudge, and instead of being a better public speaker, and better at presenting an argument, and better at x,y,z , I become simply better.

This is problematic.

What about a full time job at Asda or some where to tide you over, you'll have to wake early or whenever your shift starts, you'll be earning money atleast and won't feel like a lazy slob as you will be doing something.....

But life is shit!

Life sucks until it doesn't, and then you forget it ever did.

Not necessarily, since many of the things that contribute to life sucking are inherently recurrent.

I feel the "pointless" degree Jay, but now it seems I've found my true calling in the fuel distribution industry*

We both should have studied law or business or something like that. Still early enough in your life if you decide you want to try again. At 90k/year, no student loan would matter.

Way ahead of ya chum.

*Working at a Tesco petrol station.

The job centre site is complete turd, well it has been since they changed it to that Direct Gov site. I do some search on that site, then i go and try Monster and Job Site and see what their offerings are. Much better and more choice.

I can go to bed as late as i want and get up as early as needed no hasstle (sometimes). Life is only crap if you make it that way.

Not necessarily, since many of the things that contribute to life sucking are inherently recurrent.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not saying the bad things go away, merely that you forget about them when they're no longer negatively impacting you. Every mountain is intimidating when stood at its foot, but the moment you conquer it the climb lies forgotten.

Being unemployed is horrible and draining, but the moment jayseven lands another job — he's the intelligent sort, it'll happen sooner or later — all of that angst goes away. To be replaced by a reviling of one's occupation...

I have to look for a job now/soon. Dreading it.

I want to open a pizza place though. I genuinely think we'd put Dominos and Pizza Hut (in my town) out of business. I know what pizza eaters want.

Who wants to work for me?

Well I heard Dominos most expensive pizza only costs £2 for them to make, so there is profit in that madness.

I'll work for ya.

I've decided to do volunteering for a few months. Going in on monday to have a gander! I think it's the whole "must have a careeeeer" thing that gets me, so I'm going to ride teh waves of life and PT/Volunteer it to get a taste of things and see what I really like doing.

I think mostly life is shit when you have no friends and all your friends are busy and there's nothing on telly and you have no jigsaws.

I've decided to do volunteering for a few months. Going in on monday to have a gander! I think it's the whole "must have a careeeeer" thing that gets me, so I'm going to ride teh waves of life and PT/Volunteer it to get a taste of things and see what I really like doing.

I think mostly life is shit when you have no friends and all your friends are busy and there's nothing on telly and you have no jigsaws.

Well, volunteering is a good way to keep yourself busy. I did that myself first time i was out of work, helped me quite a bit i thought.

If there is nothing to do, life can really feel like crap.

Good luck Jay.

In my final year of university. What may come after both scares and excites me, but mostly the former.

I have to look for a job now/soon. Dreading it.

I want to open a pizza place though. I genuinely think we'd put Dominos and Pizza Hut (in my town) out of business. I know what pizza eaters want.

Who wants to work for me?

Pizza from this? No thanks!

Sorry to hear about the lack of job success nintetails-two+jay-tails. I know how you feel. At the moment I really need a job but then I want to go back home over Christmas and I do have a place sorted there so I guess I'll have to wait until after christmas.

Perhaps you should go and complain to the job centre about being screwed around. Although they probably won't care.

And my life sucks at the moment because Orange are idiots. Sent me a phone but not the sim card and the first person I spoke to was useless. Sending me another which won't be here until Saturday and I'm out at an event all day. Grr.

Having a typical day today! Bored so thought I'd play on my ecksbocks, figured I might buy Meat Boy (XBLA game) so went to shopto.net to buy some MS points and saw Alien vs Predator was cheap so I added that to the basket too. Enter my details, get to the "thanks for your order!" page, and I go to check on my inbox. email confirmation doesn't mention the MS points. shopto doesn't mention anything. Decide to get round to register to internet banking, fill in the form (wrong for the first 3 times), then call them up to confirm my identity and they have a 5 min waiting time. Sure, no problem. Five minutes later the computer voice tells me there's a 10 minute waiting time. Fantastic.

So I've wasted an hour on this shit and now I'm still bored but I don't have any MS points and dunno if I've paid for them or if I should order some again, and I probably shouldn't because I've got to go out in 45 mins anyway. Emailed shopto customer support and probably won't get a reply til monday, can't really go INTO a bank tomorrow to print a mini-statement either, so bleh.

This sort of convuluted shit is what always happens to me.

To you and the rest of the world. Who hasn't experienced annoying technical problems like this?

Having a typical day today! Bored so thought I'd play on my ecksbocks, figured I might buy Meat Boy (XBLA game) so went to shopto.net to buy some MS points and saw Alien vs Predator was cheap so I added that to the basket too. Enter my details, get to the "thanks for your order!" page, and I go to check on my inbox. email confirmation doesn't mention the MS points. shopto doesn't mention anything. Decide to get round to register to internet banking, fill in the form (wrong for the first 3 times), then call them up to confirm my identity and they have a 5 min waiting time. Sure, no problem. Five minutes later the computer voice tells me there's a 10 minute waiting time. Fantastic.

So I've wasted an hour on this shit and now I'm still bored but I don't have any MS points and dunno if I've paid for them or if I should order some again, and I probably shouldn't because I've got to go out in 45 mins anyway. Emailed shopto customer support and probably won't get a reply til monday, can't really go INTO a bank tomorrow to print a mini-statement either, so bleh.

If the xbox points are the kind that you get delivered online, they will be in a "codes" area of your email. Assuming you did it right. IIRC, they might have some kind of policy for digital delivery stuff like you must have purchased with x card before (this kind of shit is why I went off ShopTo altogether).

Alien vs Predator is... average. You really need to stop impulse buying games because they're cheap. Three of your crappy games could buy a proper game, like Mafia II or Halo: Reach.

Life sucks today because I've been dingied by a hot girl I met last night. Why reply once and then don't reply the second time?

2 hours and counting.

Although I am going out tonight again so more chances to meet some more hotties. :)

They've now said that my download code is available on my account under my orders, but nothing's there at all. I'll leave it a day.

Well i was considering paying full-price for fallout, and shopto even has red dead redemption for £23...

Three impulse-bought games last me three times as long as a full-price game (not in all cases obv.) which is really teh main factor for me. While I get middling games a lot, I still enjoy them! I'll just buy halo and mafia 2 when they're two-for-£30 or less anyway :P

Bah shopto!

Nothing is really wrong in my life per say, at the moment, except for the endless tom foolery job positions seem to come my way. I've been messed about in 3 interviews in the last couple of months, driving hours for sod all and now I've had it.

I went to an interview the other day - it was great, the woman loved me and I was hoping to hear friday - regardless whether I had the job or not.

Go to this morning, thoroughly annoyed I had heard anything, to find a call from the woman saying I needed to go to a second interview.

Sigh, I'm a bit sick of being messed around, I can only imagine:

1. She wants two people and has asked higher management to help make a decision

2. She likes me a lot and wants to give me the job and has to go to higher management to say 'look she's awesome'

Either way, it's quite positive, but I was told I'd get told yesterday.

It's not hard for me to get through an interview, it's just difficult to get them to sort things out.

Like with debenhams, it was supposed to be 3/4months worth of work, only after I get the position do they tell me it's 8 weeks of work and I could be flat out on my arse again.

/rage.

ps. I'm not knocking the job offers, only those who mess me about, I'm grateful for it otherwise, as things are a tiny bit crap on the job end for a lot of people atm!

They've now said that my download code is available on my account under my orders, but nothing's there at all. I'll leave it a day.
Yeah I meant codes area in your orders not in your email. You sure it's not there? There's a drop down menu when you hover on "My Orders" which should show codes.

Well i was considering paying full-price for fallout, and shopto even has red dead redemption for £23...

Three impulse-bought games last me three times as long as a full-price game (not in all cases obv.) which is really teh main factor for me. While I get middling games a lot, I still enjoy them! I'll just buy halo and mafia 2 when they're two-for-£30 or less anyway :P

If you're wanting Red Dead I'll sell you my copy for better than the ShopTo price? Second hand, but it's in great nick.

You know when you think you might have a flirt going with a girl? Yeah, I've had that for a while now. We then had a film night the other night. I was hoping for some recognition, perhaps a sign or hint that she was also interested. But alas, no. None whatsoever. At least none that I caught, and I normally overanalyse everything. Now, it's actually fine with me. I'm okay with just being friends. She's a lovely girl, so a friendship'd still be a great thing. I'm just not sure if I should leave it at that, if I should give up on it. We get on pretty well, and I'd hate to miss the chance if there might actually be a potential relationship. I just don't know if I should try to drop more clues, or if that might just risk ruining what we have now.

Anyway, I'm not asking for advice, just getting it out of my system.

You know when you think you might have a flirt going with a girl? Yeah, I've had that for a while now. We then had a film night the other night. I was hoping for some recognition, perhaps a sign or hint that she was also interested. But alas, no. None whatsoever. At least none that I caught, and I normally overanalyse everything. Now, it's actually fine with me. I'm okay with just being friends. She's a lovely girl, so a friendship'd still be a great thing. I'm just not sure if I should leave it at that, if I should give up on it. We get on pretty well, and I'd hate to miss the chance if there might actually be a potential relationship. I just don't know if I should try to drop more clues, or if that might just risk ruining what we have now.

Anyway, I'm not asking for advice, just getting it out of my system.

From girls I've spoken to they all seem to be under the impression that they aren't so you can just watch a film.

DVD night = sex night.