NEurope
Ashley

Corrie

Yeah I'm cool.

While living with my mother for over a year I watched Corrie here and there. Its crap but we all enjoy shit tv at times. Next week it goes OTT with the drama for the 50th and it looks amusingly melodramatic.

And yeah, longest running soap in the world and all that. An accolade I suppose.

I promise, I just dabble in it from time to time. Between the Dexters and the Big Loves :p

Anyone else going to (be made to) watch it?

I love Corrie, I've watched it since I was about 11 or 12. I've liked the drama, the romance and the humour and I can't wait to see it this week. I've been trying to avoid everything as much as I can, all I know is that there's a tram crash, nothing else so if people are going to talk about it, make sure you put in spoilers for those who have been avoiding it. :)

Corrie's brilliant! I've watched it for about 15 years now, I think (plus I used to watch the classic episodes on Granada Plus when I first got Sky). I'm not ashamed to say I'm really excited to watch the anniversary episodes (plus the accomanying documentaries) next week!

I just can't/won't allow myself! Soaps are just depressing and miserable.

Neighbours is the exception, but I don't really watch that anymore either.

I don't watch any others for that reason (although as a child I enjoyed Brookie and that was full of rape and murder...) but Corrie does have amusing moments and characters. Such as Rosie Webster, she's like a more attractive version of ReZ (deluded sense of grandeur mixed with almost endearing simpleness).

I grew up watching Hollyoaks so i'll occasionally still tune into that but none of the others unless i'm forced too. They're just too many old people in Corrie for me :heh:

This isn't on next Friday is it? If it is, then I'll be at my Dad's and forced to watch it by my Step Mum.

One really strange thing about the show is that, even though I see the odd episode each week, I feel that most of the plotlines drag on for far too many episodes. It's quite funny that they've dragged on so many of them into "impossible" situations that they now have to kill some people.

You grew up watching Hollyoaks? You were already mostly grown by the time it started!

And Cube: its on all week. Some days two episodes. Thursday is the one hour live episode.

You grew up watching Hollyoaks? You were already mostly grown by the time it started!

And Cube: its on all week. Some days two episodes. Thursday is the one hour live episode.

Yes, Hollyoaks started in 1995 when I was at the ripe old age of 7.....

I always assumed you were older than I am and I also assumed Hollyoaks was about ten years old.

I always assumed you were older than I am and I also assumed Hollyoaks was about ten years old.

Assume makes an ass out of you and me.

I had an old boss who used to always say that, always wanted to work into a conversation :heh:

Hollyoaks is the most enjoyable because it knows that it is shit and generally seems like it's taking the mick out of itself/other soaps.

Corrie > Eastenders.

Very easily. At least Corrie has a laugh sometimes, Eastenders is non-stop moaning, whingeing and depression and it's sexist towards men! lmao. It makes me question why in the world I watch it for...

I used to watch (and actually like) Hollyoaks at some point but then I just didn't watch it.

im looking forward to week of corrie will be good :) Been watching it since was little.

Started watching eastenders bout a year ago as the mrs got me into it

as for hollyoaks i cant bloody stand it what a load of tripe

Ok so I've never watch Corrie properly but now and again when I do catch it I think its hilarious. Eastenders always used to be my soap of choice but god its depressing. Whilst Corrie does genuinely have some great one liners and humorous set ups, I wonder if they have a gags writer cos it seems like they do.

Going to be awesome, can't wait to see who dies.

I'm thinking Tyrone and Peter are definite maybes, it would free up Molly and Leanne to pursue their bit on the sides. Actually maybe Sally will go too.

The crash was amazing, and they even managed to squeeze in a death before it.

SPOILERS?!

God this tram crash is awesome!

Who dies????!

Rita has to be a goner after the way the end of that tram hit the Kabin.

Corrie uncovered on ITV2 BTW.

So what was the budget for that? £100?

Nah... more like £50 - a pound for every year its been on the air - but seriously, I know it's a soap but, it is 'the' soap as in the longest running one so for that it deserves some sort of recognition I guess.

I too watch bits of episodes when it's on and I see it in passing mostly, and I can see why many people watch it even if I don't get the whole 'appeal' of it due to the fact that I could be doing other things like playing games rather than watching soaps.

But sometimes it is nice to just watch TV even if it seems rubbish, it may seem like a waste of time - and basically it is - but there's something... comforting about just sitting down and watching the lives of fictional characters and forgetting ones problems for a moment.

Nah... more like £50 - a pound for every year its been on the air - but seriously, I know it's a soap but, it is 'the' soap as in the longest running one so for that it deserves some sort of recognition I guess.

I just expected something a bit more from an event marking the 50th Anniversary, and something that has been advertised so much over the past month.

Instead you got a toy tram hitting a building, then the back end somehow bouncing up and turning in the air before it fell back down again.

£5 million apparently.

I suppose the tail end could jerk up during the derailing but it would probably hit at the same time as the front did, but obviously needs to be a bit stretched out for TV.