NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Comes To Europe!!!!

I've just seen this on Neogaf!

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES TO REACH EUROPE

Nintendo of Europe can confirm that it will be bringing the epic RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles to Europe for Wii. The title, already launched in Japan, brings to life a universe where two worlds called Bionis and Mechonis fight a war that knows no end.

Join the battle for Bionis to repel the invasion of a terrifying mechanical army and uncover the secrets of a mystical sword called the Monado.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be launching later this year for Wii featuring both English and Japanese voice-overs and will be fully subtitled in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Keep checking http://www.nintendo.dk for further information on this epic new adventure for Wii.

*head explodes*

Pshhh, cruel April Fool's joke, guys, I-

*checks date*

AAAAHHHH, It's still March! This is for real! :yay:

Saw a rumor on Ngamer's twitter but couldn't find a source.

Pshhh, cruel April Fool's joke, guys, I-

*checks date*

AAAAHHHH, It's still March! This is for real! :yay:

Good point. April Fools jokes tend to go up early on the internet these days though to throw people off. Think I'll wait for confirmation from Nintendo before getting too excited.

That'll work :)
Unless it's NOE's April Fool's joke. :heh:

So what's the deal with this then? Looks a lot like Monster Hunter... Which explains this:

*head explodes*

:D

It's insane that this makes it over here and Excitebots didn't.

So what's the deal with this then? Looks a lot like Monster Hunter... Which explains this:

:D

+ story

+ quasi-open world

+ japanese melodrama

+ party combat system

- multiplayer

It's a big (J)RPG. How many of these has the Wii had?

Edited by Burny

If this turns out to be an April Fools, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

The link to the NOE site would suggest it's not but why would the video keep the Japanese text rather than put in English?

:nono:

Not that I'd want for anyone to miss out on this game, but yeah, that is pretty crazy. :woops:

Excitebots would've been such an easy localisation job. ::shrug:

It's a big (J)RPG.

My Wii will finally have to work again.

By the way, LostOverThere, I love that gif :D

Edited by drahkon

The Euro line-up for the rest of the year just got twice as good.

Well it's about time they started announcing stuff for the console, but no doubt a lengthy localization/translation process won't see this hitting until the end of the year when it could get swallowed up in the market by any titles shown at E3.

Hopefully they will give this the spotlight it needs to stand out and show that the market wants such titles on Nintendo's home console.

Brilliant news now I wonder if that means the Last Story will get localized now?

By the way if you have a 3/DS/i/XL I'd recommend importing Radiant Historia, its as close to a console quality JRPG as you can get in the meantime.

Edited by The-Ironflame
add

This is great news, finally good to see NoE take something the real gamers want seriously. Hopefully we'll hear something about The Last Story soonish too.

This plus Zelda on 3DS and Wii in the one year, Resident Evil: Revelations, just add Last Story and teh year will be perfect... well for me anyway.

(Short of a real announcement of Monster Hunter on the 3DS as was rumored)

It's great news that this is coming but I'm more interested in The Last Story than this. I'm getting a bit of a Monster Hunter flavour from Xenoblade and, unfortuntely, Tri didn't set my world alight..

It's great news that this is coming but I'm more interested in The Last Story than this. I'm getting a bit of a Monster Hunter flavour from Xenoblade and, unfortuntely, Tri didn't set my world alight..

You just don't have the soul of a hunter :wink:

This and MH though would both be completely different types of games.

I'm the other way around - I'm more interested in this than The Last Story.

I hope it's not too similar to Monster Hunter. I'd prefer to keep any MH style gameplay in a multiplayer environment rather than a single player one. Most of the stuff I've read likens it to FFXII which is the only FF game I've ever been interested enough in to consider picking up - I never did though.

You just don't have the soul of a hunter :wink:

Yeh.. I just think it came at the wrong time for me but I don't regret giving it a go (however brief..), nor do I regret getting rid of it ::shrug: I'm enjoying my games rightly, at the minute :hehe:

Yeah, insane in a good way, Exitebots looked like crap, this looks good! I want The Last Story too.