NEurope
The Peeps

The End Of The World Mafia - Sign Ups

Ok so I know Jonnas's game is going on at the moment and it's already very long and very epic, but come on :p join this one too!

-------

The event hits. Chaos and destruction is rained down upon the globe. Entire continents are lost under the waves, volcanoes erupt and decimate countries. The human race is almost entirely wiped out... almost.

Billions of people are dead, in the aftermath a few survivors try to hang on to their lives just a little longer. However, there are on-going aftershocks from the event. No one is safe just yet.

Players:

1. Diageo

2. Ellmeister

3. heroicjanitor

4. MadDog

5. mr-paul

6. Nintendohnut

7. ReZourceman

8. Tales

9. Mundi

10. Cube

11. Dannyboy-the-Dane

12. Esequiel

13. Eenuh

14. Acqu1allaha

15. Jonnas

16. Jayseven

17. EddieColeslaw

18. Dyson

19. Dazz

20. Rummy

[Can add more roles if more than 20 want to play :)]

Rules: Standard rules.

Day Phases are 48 hours.

Night phases are 24.

Posting PMs is allowed but discouraged - don't believe everything people post.

Posting pictures is fine as long as you don't go nuts and they're relevant.

Talking at night is fine as long as you do not discuss the game - I will be strict about this.

[used the auto sign-up list btw - silver text = unconfirmed]

Edited by The Peeps

Almost instant. Very nice work! And thanks for the auto sign up. I think in my game I'll use it but people need to Thank my first post to confirm that they have seen it and want to play.

V excited!

Rules: Standard rules.

Day Phases are 48 hours.

Night phases are 24.

Posting PMs is allowed but discouraged - don't believe everything people post.

Posting pictures is fine as long as you don't go nuts and they're relevant.

Talking at night is fine as long as you do not discuss the game - I will be strict about this.

[used the auto sign-up list btw]

titlepageImg001.jpg

Video game? ::shrug: can't think of one unless you mean the world ends with you - which I have not played.

Thanks for automatically putting me on the list! Sign me up!

When is this starting? I'm going to have a particually busy period from about the 21st to the 25th of May, but should be good apart from that.

Interested, quite so. Alignments or no alignments, though? Timeframes make me feel like taking part cos it won't get longed out, but alignments...hmmmm.

I don't see it as a game breaker at all but there will be alignments on death :p

I don't see it as a game breaker at all but there will be alignments on death :p

It's a deal breaker for some people, though, you can't ignore that. ;)

Some people need to respect the GM's decision ::shrug:

Removing alignments is arguably harder on the town but there are ways to balance it. It encourages the town to open up with their roles and puts pressure on the mafia to do so - because if the description at death doesn't match what they've said, you can assume the player was mafia. Also there is an added discussion point of whether or not the dead player was town or mafia.

I don't think it ruins a game at all. There were no alignments in the heroes mafia but the town were fairly sure they were lynching the right people anyway and they won relatively quickly.

But this game WILL have alignments on death anyway.

Some people need to respect the GM's decision ::shrug:

Removing alignments is arguably harder on the town but there are ways to balance it. It encourages the town to open up with their roles and puts pressure on the mafia to do so - because if the description at death doesn't match what they've said, you can assume the player was mafia. Also there is an added discussion point of whether or not the dead player was town or mafia.

I don't think it ruins a game at all. There were no alignments in the heroes mafia but the town were fairly sure they were lynching the right people anyway and they won relatively quickly.

But this game WILL have alignments on death anyway.

I didn't even want to argue about it, I just wanted to point out that to some people, it may affect their wish to play in the game. The GM has to respect that as well.

The GM doesn't have to respect anyone's wishes really Danny. If you don't like it you don't join simple as :)

Not fanning the flames or anything I just think your last point was mooooooot.

I think Dannyboy likes to point out the mod has to at least inform us of this, so that players can make an informed decision. But this isn't usually a huge element that a mod would think of pointing out in the sign-up thread. But like he said, the point is moot, as he's including alignments anyway.

Sorry Peeps, shouldn't post here at all, but I feel like I'm letting you down or something ;). I think I'll go take that break now which I planned to do earlier, and skip this and a few others I think. Will be around for at least the videogame DIY, and perhaps earlier, but eventhough I'm sure your game will be great, it doesn't really feel right joining up at the moment. I will follow it as a non-participant though!

The GM doesn't have to respect anyone's wishes really Danny. If you don't like it you don't join simple as :)

Not fanning the flames or anything I just think your last point was mooooooot.

That's exactly what I meant. :heh: The Peeps sounded like the players had no right to be bothered about it, which I argued against. The GM needs to accept that players don't join because of a certain aspect of the game and not berate them for it.

I think Dannyboy likes to point out the mod has to at least inform us of this, so that players can make an informed decision. But this isn't usually a huge element that a mod would think of pointing out in the sign-up thread. But like he said, the point is moot, as he's including alignments anyway.

Nah, I wouldn't say they need to point it out, but it's nice to know. What I'm most passionate about is the trustworthiness of the GM, the discussion about which was originally sparked by ReZ's Trust No One Pokémafia.