NEurope
Hamishmash

Black Mirror

tumblr_lvt3cuHMBt1r5ejtko1_500.png

Well I was blown away.

Charlie Brooker's three twisted tales, mini-horrors of the twitter-age began on Sunday with "The National Anthem". Telling you what it is about would spoil the surprises but basically... it is a dark, sick and bizarre but utterly believable story about the Prime Minister being ransomed via YouTube.

Watch on 4oD - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/black-mirror

I almost cried at the end. And as always with Brooker, there are many laughs, but the thing you think you'll laugh at ends up being genuinely depressing.

I havn't watched it yet but recorded it on v+ I will watch it soon from the trailers and the piece Brooker wrote on guardian it does loook awwesome.

As expected, the service “is currently unavailable in your area”.

Was interested.

I'd been waiting for this for a good while, and it delivered. It's quite amazing how such a twisted concept that could easily be deemed a sick joke when looking at it on paper actually made for gripping drama and prompted a lot of thinking throughout the duration.

It was never outright funny, but that's exactly why it worked so well, the humour was born out of desperation rather than finger-pointing. Superb. 'A Million Merits' sounds mighty fine as well.

Edited by dwarf

I actually have it on record, thanks to Charlie Brooker pushing it on Twitter. Will watch it on Friday, and i'll get back to you.

Definitely has a lot of Brooker's mad intensity to it. Could turn into a bit of a classic.

I thought it was bloody hysterical. Best bit of TV I've seen all year, probably. Excellent all over.

This was good! Very "!", but I liked that. The title is appropriate.

Wasn't funny at all, didn't seem like it was trying to be, which was a good thing. But it wasn't boring.

So... kinda entertaining.

I found it sickening... :blank:

... sickeningly brilliant that is! :D

Genuinely can't wait to see the next one and it makes me kind of wish for more TV programmes of this quality.

I didn't think tonight's was as powerful, but it was very well made, especially on what I imagine is a small budget. X-Factor spoofs aren't new, but it was nice seeing people who spend REAL money on hats for their XBox live characters getting a nice mockery.

I liked the twist with the singer girl and how when the guy had the chance, he did exactly the same thing. Selling out his beliefs for a more comfortable life.

X-Factor spoofs aren't new, but it was nice seeing people who spend REAL money on hats for their XBox live characters getting a nice mockery.

I think you missed the point about the surrealism of money.

This one was cool in it's own way..very different to the first, which is a good sign.

I really like the premise of this series.

Also, HEY JULIA DAVIS. I hate when she only does bit parts, as it's never representative of her comedy genius.

Just seen the first part of the second one... thus far this might as well be a modern adaptation of 1984.

Edit: And it remained so until the end. Extremely good though.

Edited by Supergrunch

This one was cool in it's own way..very different to the first, which is a good sign.

I really like the premise of this series.

Also, HEY JULIA DAVIS. I hate when she only does bit parts, as it's never representative of her comedy genius.

The fact Lizzie and Sarah never got a full commission is a crime. Fantastic pilot episode... but way too ahead of its time.

I didn't understand why they were on bikes, is everyone in the world on bikes to make money? Were they working for someone?

I did enjoy it though!!

Edited by James

I think the bikes were generating power weren't they?

Also everyone had to be at the peak of physical fitness for some reason.

I think the bikes were generating power weren't they?

That's how I understood it. I think one of the judges said to the singer woman that all the cyclists were powering her spotlight or something.

It's actually pretty decent, something different for a Sunday night. Just got around to watching the first episode.