NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Walking Dead

Sam & Max Season 3 was funny but had a fair amount of problems.

Back to the Future was well written but was really poorly made.

Jurassic Park was a complete and utter mess.

I don't have any hopes for this.

I used to love Telltale (Sam & Max 1&2, Strong Bad, Tales of Monkey Island) but they seem to have completely lost it.

I love watching The Walking Dead, but never wanted to play a game inspired by it. Left 4 Dead covers my zombie killing urges quite fine.

I'd play a survival horror RPG of The Walking Dead. And I emphasize the survival and RPG aspects.

Just read this preview, though I don't want to watch the videos, though it looks pretty sweet. For 400 MS points for the first episode too.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222545p1.html

What's that in £? See in US its $4.99 whic means it should be super cheap but I bet it ends up being the same price in £.Anyway really looking forward to it!

Well this has launched playing it now bout half an hour in....loving it. I loved BTTF's writing but felt it was lacking in production values in a lot of ways this isn't, the graphics/art direction is gorgeous they've handled action quite well and above all else it feels like the walking dead.

The graphics really are nice almost a Valkerie Chronicles look to them.

Edited by flameboy

Just completed the first episode and loved it. The writing and characters were great but I think the art design especially was really nice to look at. Cant wait for episode 2 now. Tempted to play through it again straight away and make some different decisions, see what comes of them.

My only complaint that even with the sensitivity set to its highest the mouse still felt too slow and floaty, because of that I miss a click or two that I wouldnt have otherwise.

I've just finished the first episode and it was very enjoyable. So what choices did everyone make?

Annoyingly no date for Europe on PS3...people taken to twitter to complain prompting them to say they are working on addressing the issue.

I thought it was coming out on the 29th for PS3? Or is that just America?

I thought it was coming out on the 29th for PS3? Or is that just America?

Just America....It's annoying how platform holders distribution methods effectively screw over episodic gaming in one way or another. Because Telltale have also had problems getting it on 360 initially.

I feel like I'm possibly the only person who saved Doug in the first episode...I felt like I made a connection with Doug when we went outside to get the keys, whereas that reporter woman was a dumb arsehole, does make me wonder how some things will play out without him. Remember it saying it was 30% 70% in favour of the woman but I've not heard of anyone else who saved him.

Still really enjoying the second episode so far.

Really enjoyed Episode 2. Really felt like the choices I made mattered.

Looking forward to starting the whole thing again and making completely different decisions.

Really enjoyed Episode 2. Really felt like the choices I made mattered.

Looking forward to starting the whole thing again and making completely different decisions.

Yes but not only I feel they've done a fantastic job of making the choices feel meaningful both in the moment and affect the way you treat similar situations later on.

I saved Doug as well. The game makes it look like the decisions matter but they don't really. Very little changes when you make different decisions. My friend played from episode 1 beside me and everything that happened was basically the same.

Regardless of that though the game is still very fun and I can't wait for the next episode.

The importance of the choices aren't the outcomes so much as the fact you had to choose.

It's a bit like a magic trick: you know it's all smoke and mirrors, but the enjoyment comes from the suspension of disbelief.

I get what your saying actually about the deceit of it all so to speak. It is certainly more the emotions and feelings you go through as part of the process. Also the context you yourself able all has a knock on effect....

So in a cannibal hate fuelled rage I killed the first brother but Clementine saw me do it. So I then didn't kill the second brother and sided with her about looting the car. All because of the guilt I'd felt if I'd commited that murder along I may not have felt quite the same but I owe it to her.

I get what your saying actually about the deceit of it all so to speak. It is certainly more the emotions and feelings you go through as part of the process. Also the context you yourself able all has a knock on effect....

So in a cannibal hate fuelled rage I killed the first brother but Clementine saw me do it. So I then didn't kill the second brother and sided with her about looting the car. All because of the guilt I'd felt if I'd commited that murder along I may not have felt quite the same but I owe it to her.

I...

killed both of the motherfudgers. And I took the supplies. Anything to survive huh? Wonder if it'll have an effect on episode 3, like if you don't raid the car, then you and your group are starving. I was also glad that Larry died, hated him. I've definitely sided with Kenny over Lilly.

Something else I wondered...

There was an option to refuse the offer of trading gas for food, and not visiting the dairy. Would that have kept you at the motel, or is the game not that dynamic. Also, Kenny is on about going to the coast, it seems like he'll be inviting me with him, because we're best of friends now, but if I played the game for him to hate me, would that take the story off in a different direction?

I...
killed both of the motherfudgers. And I took the supplies. Anything to survive huh? Wonder if it'll have an effect on episode 3, like if you don't raid the car, then you and your group are starving. I was also glad that Larry died, hated him. I've definitely sided with Kenny over Lilly.

There was an option to refuse the offer of trading gas for food, and not visiting the dairy. Would that have kept you at the motel, or is the game not that dynamic. Also, Kenny is on about going to the coast, it seems like he'll be inviting me with him, because we're best of friends now, but if I played the game for him to hate me, would that take the story off in a different direction?

I don't know about the Kenny question but...

to going to the dairy farm. Everyone else just votes to go and you have to go anyway.

I...

Yeah I wonder about Kenny I've backed him all the way as well and he has said similar things to me...

I watched the video and either I am a massive sheep, or I know the most sensible choices, but I had majority on my side for all decisions.

Anybody finished episode 3 yet?

Some shocking moments, like Lilly killing Carley (I assume she would have killed the guy if I'd chosen him in episode 1.) Was glad Duck died though, he deserved it after fucking around on that tractor causing Shawn to die.

Little shit.