NEurope
Hogge

Velocity Stream

Hey.

Right now me and a gang of friends are working on a game we've got some quite high hopes for. Follow us as me turn this idea into a great game.

logo.jpg

Velocity Stream is an assymmetric racing game, where one player flies the "Paver", a spacecraft which leaves a trail of energy in its wake. On this trail, the other players race, trying to be first to catch up with the Paver. The Pavers goal is of course to make a road so difficult that all players fall off.

Follow us at IndieDB:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/velocity-stream

And of course, we'll hapily take any and all suggestions and criticism :D

Edited by Hogge

Looks awesome. Kinda like an on-the-fly f-zero X track maker. Will you be able to save 'favourite' tracks? Obviously there'd be no manual Paver...

Great concept though!

I really like the concept! Though I'm wondering, from seeing the video, how "dangerous" are the levels? It seems like the vehicles are locked to the track, which I fear would take some of the excitement out of it.

What do you mean by the vehicles being locked to the track? Yes, it's true that you can't jump, at least not at the moment.

The actual levels are going to contain lots of obstacles for teh Paver avoid, to make gameplay more challenging for that player, and of course to create more visual variety.

We'll gladly take any and all suggestions on how we can improve the game.

What do you mean by the vehicles being locked to the track? Yes, it's true that you can't jump, at least not at the moment.

I think he means: can you fall off the track?

With all the twists where the track goes upside-down, is it actually possible to fall off the track if you're too slow while it's upside-down or is the gravity centred to the track itself?

I think he means: can you fall off the track?

Yes indeed you can. If you look at the Trailer, you actually see several players falling off the tracks and flying back. To make it less tedious to play once ytou've lost, you're placed in the back of the paver and place out obstacles and booster pads.

I did indeed see that you can fall off the track. What I meant was that I think it could be a great addition if your vehicle was able to lose connection with the track, for example if you go fast off a deep dive. I'm thinking F-Zero.

With all the twists where the track goes upside-down, is it actually possible to fall off the track if you're too slow while it's upside-down or is the gravity centred to the track itself?

We've had to write our own physics to make the gravity the way it is. And yes, the gravity is relative to the track, as opposed to a global direction.

We can't really say whether this game will be good without playing it. With concepts like these it's almost all about the physics and control. Any idea on when you'll have a working beta or demo?

What's your plans for the finished product? Will you be selling it or will it be free to play?

We're not sure right now.

We've previously considered to have a Beta release, but we've been given the advice to develop it for consoles, potentially the Wii U.

So show us proper support, and we'll make it happen :santa:

Is there anything discouraging the paver from just going "wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle"?

Is there anything discouraging the paver from just going "wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle"?

Depends completely on what you have in mind. The actual manouverability of the Paver is going to be limited to prevent him/her from doing too advanced manouvers. Beyond that, there's going to be a lot of obstacles in the game world for the paver to avoid.

How does the paver win? Is there some sort of time limit or is it just to see how long he can go on for?

How can we vote for a game that hasn't been released yet?

There's probably a ones to be watched award.