NEurope
Jonnas

DIY Mafia, by Cave Jonnas

(I am still sending the role PMs. Be patient)

-The Townies win once the mafia has been eliminated. The Mafia wins once the number of non-mafiosos becomes equal to (or lower than) the number of mafiosos (Double Voters, Vigilantes and Neutrals are irrelevant).

-Day phases will last roughly 48 hours. If I feel like discussion has died, I may end the day prematurely (though not without warning);

Corollary: The day phase only ends when the write-up is posted. This means that anything that is allowed during the day phase (including game-related discussion and using day powers) can be done even after the deadline or majority is reached.

-The night phases will start by lasting roughly 48 hours, reducing it to 24 once PMs start arriving quickly enough. This is not set in stone, however, as it all depends on when I’ll have time to post a write-up;

-If you have a night power, and you do not wish to use it, send me a PM along the lines of "Not using my power tonight, please";

-Please do not post game-related discussion during the night. Automerge prevention will be appreciated, though;

-Do not post after you died. I will only tolerate one post lamenting your death, but that's it;

-Editing posts is forbidden. Anyone caught doing so will be punished;

-Posting PMs (whether they be Role PMs or nightly PMs) is strictly forbidden. Players doing so will also be punished;

-If you have any questions about your role or gameplay mechanics, just send me a PM with your question.

-If you did not receive a PM at the end of the night, your power simply worked successfully, with not much of note to say.

-Townies and mafiosos do not get a “You are ___. You win when ____” message, this time;

-Posting images or gifs is not forbidden, though I do ask that you do not abuse pictures at every opportunity, as to not clog up the thread;

-Every picture in your PMs comes from my Photobucket account. Anybody may request that I upload a picture that they might use, whether it be for lying or bluffing;

Corollary: You may still post pictures from anywhere else, for whatever purpose.

Have fun :)

-------------

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

jonnas_diy_splash_v02.jpg

(Picture by Yvonne)

Cave Jonnas, here.

So, I am proud to say that the DIY machine has a 100% success rate. I already knew this, of course, but still, glad we could make 17 people happy in the process. I've already sent all of you a personal message detailing your new selves and newfound powers.

Now, here’s the thing. Remember when you all signed that contract, with the clause that something unexpected could happen, in which case you would need to stay a little while longer, and I personally assured each and every one of you, that the chance of that happening was 0,1%?

The good news is, you’re experiencing something that has a 1 in 1000 chance of happening, you don't see that every day. The bad news is, people are going to die. What I’m trying to say here is, you’re playing a real life mafia game, that’s why we handed you that rulebook just now!

Now, before you say anything, we didn’t plan this. The reason this is happening should become obvious soon enough, just bear with me. A group representing the mafia has already been formed, and you can face this like a man – sorry, ladies – or be hunted down like animals – sorry to anyone who did pick an animal.

Come on, cheer up! Try to see the silver lining in all of this, we get to test the results of the DIY machine. Besides, it shouldn’t take long, I’d say 7 days. Or weeks.

Well, look at me yapping, I bet you’re dying to start this… Sorry about that, bad choice of words.

Cave Jonnas, we’re done here.

-----------

Players (17)

Animal

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Diageo

DuD

Eevilmurray

gmac

Heroicjanitor

Jayseven

Jimbob

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

Rummy

Sheikah

Tales

The Peeps

Yvonne

Day 1 starts now

You may send your Night 1 PMs, now.

-------------

Write-up links

Day 1 - Nintendohnut (The Joker) dies

Day 2 - Tales (Bigfoot) vanishes

Day 3 - Cube dies, Animal modkilled

Day 4 - Heroicjanitor dies

Edited by Jonnas

Guys, start sending your PMs so I can get the next day started by Sunday evening/Monday, ok?

I'm gonna be away for most of the weekend, so I won't be able to end the first day properly.

Cave Jonnas, here.

So, I see you don't want to lynch anybody just yet. That's quite interesting.

I've already adapted a few of our testing rooms to serve as sleeping quarters for yourselves, hope you don't mind the bright white walls.

You may wander around freely as you wish during the night, targeting each other, or whatever it is you like doing, now. The only doors you can't use are the one leading outside and the one leading to the rest of the facilities. Can't have you committing heinous acts unleashed, our science is expensive, and any personnel killed in the process could sue us via their families.

Anyway, have a safe night. Cave Jonnas, we're done here.

-----------------

Remaining Players (17)

Animal

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Diageo

DuD

Eevilmurray

gmac

Heroicjanitor

Jayseven

Jimbob

mr-paul

Nintendohnut

Rummy

Sheikah

Tales

The Peeps

Yvonne

Night 1 starts now

Day 2 should start tomorrow.

Some people have been asking this, so I should clear it up:

If your PM does not state an alignment, then you're a townie.

----------------

Night 1 is now over

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The clown ran. And hopped. And skated. All while leaving a trail of mines, bear traps and banana peels behind him. Despite this, an odd figure kept following him, relentless.

The clown was having fun. He always liked playing catch with those who meant it.

But at one point, the trail leads to a 30-foot high dead end. Suddenly, no escape routes for one to run, hop or skate to.

"Sheesh, an abyss indoors? I like figuring out stuff on the fly, not how to fly!"

The odd figure soon reached him, grabbing him by the coat.

"Ah, well done! Now I'll come after you, but only after counting to 10!"

The clown felt two hands on his throat.

"Aw, really? I usually show my victims the pencil trick before th-guh!"

The hands kept tightening.

"Guuhh! I-I guess you're... really not like him..."

The killer chuckled. "I'm much more...breathtaking."

The clown died with a sincere grin on his face.

TheJoker.jpg

(Note: If you can't see the picture, try ctrl+mouse scroll. Only way it's been showing for me, for some reason.)

Nintendohnut is dead. He was The Joker, who had a different power every night. He was Town.

"And that was Law&Order: DIY. Will the culprit be found? You decide.

Now, for DIY Wildlife. Today, we shall examine the player known as 'Cube'.

Cube is a peaceful fellow. This wonderful creature did not target anybody last night. But still, we will observe his nightly behaviour, when left on his own...

Such a majestic crea-"

*bzzzt*

Cave Jonnas, here.

Nobody was watching that crap, right? Come on, people, the clown's murder's not gonna solve itself. Get back to testing debating.

Cave Jonnas, we're done here.

------------

Remaining Players (16)

Animal

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Diageo

DuD

Eevilmurray

gmac

Heroicjanitor

Jayseven

Jimbob

mr-paul

Rummy

Sheikah

Tales

The Peeps

Yvonne

Day 2 starts now

Edited by Jonnas

So Cube. Why didn't you target anyone?

Because of not having a targeting power.

I have a power, yes. Explaining it at this point would destroy it.

Couldn't find my target. Not sure if that's due to them being untargetable or if they were protected or what...