NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

MCC - General Discussion

Let's try and get the juices going.

Every weekendOnce a month I will post a stimulus - it may be a picture, a song (with lyrics), a news report, etc.

The challenge is to produce a creative response in a manner that you deem suitible. Ideally the responses will be short stories, but a poem or a 'novel etract' will be just as good to read.

If others have ideas for challenges or stimuli then we can do those too - I'd like to be challenged as much as the next person.

Any thoughts? Any interest?

Edited by jayseven

Why not, sounds like a good idea. At least give it a try and see what happens.

Ok, so the first weekly challenge is here. You can reference everything, anything, or nothing. Imagine your story is coming out on that post's album - so your piece can be featured in, or influenced by, the stimuli.

When is the "deadline" for bringing together what we've got for this? Just any point through this coming week or something...

I've been plotting out an idea for the first of these the last two days and think I've got something to work with. So far I've writing 2 pages of A4 which is more than I've managed to scribble together in a long time. Not sure how much of it as a short story I'll get done with but suppose if I applied myself I could finish it up easily enough. Not a particularly long winded idea but deep enough I feel.

Yeah, I think a week is too short a deadline - I'm really busy for the next couple of weeks, but would certainly like to submit something for challenge #1 after that. Could we make it a month maybe? I guess we could always have rolling challenges if people want more.

uhhh, embarrasingly this project has sprawled into my nanowrimo warmup. I'm like 2500 words in and I don't think I'm even halfway done...I might do a drawing for this in lieu of finishing in the right month! crap!

Sign in to follow this