NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

The Cave [eShop]

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/02/double-fines-the-cave-will-come-to-wii-u

Double Fine’s The Cave Will Come to Wii U

Announced earlier this year, The Cave is published by SEGA and is set to arrive in 2013. The game will allow players to control three of seven characters as they explore a mysterious cave and will include co-op, as well as the same blend of humor and puzzle solving that Double Fine is known for.

Double Fine confirmed that The Cave will be available for Wii U. According to Double Fine’s Greg Rice, the game will be available via the eShop, though whether or not it will arrive at the same time as other versions hasn’t been revealed.

Edited by Retro_Link

Review: The Cave - Destructoid

All told, The Cave is a morbid, humorous romp filled with life lessons which should be apparent already to all but the total sociopath. While there are some niggling issues with overall polish, it's a fun time for fans of adventure games that should set you to giggling and, hopefully, feeling just a little bit guilty about that glee.

THE VERDICT

7.5 /10

Good: A solid game that definitely has an audience. Might lack replay value, could be too short or there are some hard-to-ignore faults, but the experience is fun.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-the-cave-242819.phtml

Review: The Cave - Game Informer

At least you don’t have to solve solo; The Cave supports up to three players working together on a single TV, but falls short of letting players split up, so you still have to switch back and forth as puzzles demand characters in different locations. Still, that cooperative vibe echoes the way many players first encountered the genre – a group of friends gathered around a screen, laughing at the crazy solutions required to slip past a perplexing blocked path. In replicating that novel experience, The Cave succeeds.

GI Rating

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_cave/b/ps3/archive/2013/01/22/the-cave-review-ingenious-puzzles-tedious-runaround.aspx

Review: The Cave - 1UP

Despite a few questionable design decisions littered throughout The Cave, its charm, humor, and ingenious puzzle design makes it well worth wading through the flaws. I completed the game twice with a completely different set of characters, and I honestly can't wait to go through it again with the final spelunker in my party. The Cave may not be the most elegant implementation of adventure game mechanics and ideas into a platformer, but damn if doesn't make me remember why I fell in love with the genre so many years ago.

Editor Rating

B

http://www.1up.com/reviews/cave-review-21st-century-adventure

Review: The Cave - Gamespot

SCORE

Good

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I thought this was pretty fun! And unlike Trine, this actually reminded me of The Lost Vikings because of the way the characters had to work together, even if their special abilities were only ever useful in their specific puzzle rooms.

The only downside was going through the game three times to play every puzzle room. Getting every ending would require five playthroughs, but I can't be bothered with that.

Surprised there hasn't been more chat about this. Downloaded it yesterday and absolutely LOVE it so far. Lovely graphics, great dark humour, decent puzzles and the narration is simply brilliant. Sadly feel like I'm getting close to the end having arrived at the third character's segment now. According to reviews the ending is a bit anticlimactic, which seems a big shame.

I started off with the Adventurer, Knight and Time Traveller. Bit disappointed to go from the Adventurer's segment to the Time Traveller's one straight away, I'd have thought there'd be a decent 30-60 minutes of regular puzzling in between.

Anyone else playing this? Thoughts?

I finished it with The Twins, the Scientist and the Adventurer. Was entertaining and amusing. I started a second time with other characters and got bored. Should have been longer :(

Does seem to be quite short sadly, with one play through at least. Reminds me a little of Abe's Odyssey on the Playstation.

I've downloaded the demo for this and Ine is currently having a go at this. The humour is fantastic! Game seems really interesting, even though I haven't got a clue what's going on so far.

Finally some The Cave chat! It's a fantastic game IMO, a real gem

It seems really awesome. People in this thread are mentioning that it is short. How short are we talking exactly? It's a platformer and I think they tend to be shorter as they can end up being repetitive. So, not sure it's necessarily a terrible thing.

The whole premise seems interesting, though. Considering buying it.

Maybe about 8 hour play time at a complete guesstimate? Give or take an hour or two. Thing is because there are 7 characters and you choose three at the start there's loads of replay value.

Sign in to follow this