NEurope
Dannyboy-the-Dane

A personal milestone

This is my 10,000th post on N-Europe.

I have been a regular on these boards for five years and a month now, and it's amazing how much has happened since then, both on the forums and in my own personal life. I've mentioned before how N-Europe has become more or less a second home to me, and especially how my time here has affected me for the better. The friends that I've made, the countless discussions that I've followed and participated in, it's all helped me grow a lot as a person, and for that I'm truly grateful. I've encountered many different types who have all challenged my perceptions on the world and given me plenty of food for thought - both good and bad :heh: - but whether good or bad or in-between, it has helped me triangulate my own position in life and figure out who I am.

So to everyone on N-Europe: Thank you for being a part of my life for the past five years. Here's to at least another five! :D

To prevent this from becoming a complete ego trip, feel free to tell YOUR personal stories - N-E-related or not! :)

That's awesome!

I'm not sure what happened to all of my posts. It says i only have 1100 but that seems a little low....

Reminds me of the great 'Number of Posts' arguments of 2004, and as a result, the totals got removed from our avatars, like taking toys away from children....

Anywho, congrats on reaching this milestone!

That's awesome!

I'm not sure what happened to all of my posts. It says i only have 1100 but that seems a little low....

Reminds me of the great 'Number of Posts' arguments of 2004, and as a result, the totals got removed from our avatars, like taking toys away from children....

Anywho, congrats on reaching this milestone!

Is that the one where Jordan reach 10k, but Platty reset his posts so he could reach it first instead, and then Jordan threw a hissy fit and deleted his account?

Is that the one where Jordan reach 10k, but Platty reset his posts so he could reach it first instead, and then Jordan threw a hissy fit and deleted his account?

Something like that, along with many people blatently bumping their post count with spam.

Huh, by comparison, I only have 5000... Guess I'm as quiet on the internet as in real life.

I was aware it might come off as vain/self-centered in a way, but really it was just something I randomly noticed a couple of hundred posts back that made me think about the five years of my life that that number represents, and I figured it'd make for a potentially interesting thread topic.

I don't think it comes across as vain, it is quite an effort to reach that number, and i think everyone will agree that none of your posts are spammy in the slightest, so it does deserve a hearty.........well done.

Total Posts: 1,366

Posts Per Day: 0.90

Good lord, man. So basically, when I'm struggling to post/publish even one reply per day (yes, even this one...), you're sending out 5 and 37/100.

Congrats on 10,000. I think I have one or two posts on here.

Wow. That's. Wow.

Christ, this thread remind of the old CE days, these milestone threads used to crop up fairly often.

I feel old now.

Here are all the members who have surpassed 10k.

ReZourceman

Ashley

Cube

Fierce_LiNk

Daft

Dante

Retro_Link

EEVILMURRAY

Paj!

flameboy

ShadowV7

Tellyn

Dan Dare

Hero-of-Time

Hellfire

Shorty

MoogleViper

Dyson

uəʌəsʎɐɾ

Charlie

darksnowman

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Bold text means they have no life and as a result have over 20k posts

mcj metroid is our (un)lucky runner up.

ReZourceman

Ashley

Cube

Fierce_LiNk

Daft

Dante

Retro_Link

EEVILMURRAY

Paj!

flameboy

ShadowV7

Tellyn

Dan Dare

Hero-of-Time

Hellfire

Shorty

MoogleViper

Dyson

uəʌəsʎɐɾ

Charlie

darksnowman

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Bold text means they have no life

FTFY.

Jokes, I'm just jealous I'm not even close...yet!

This is my seventeen-thousandth-seven-hundred-and-eighty-third post.

17,783rd

I've written books on here.

12,456th post coming at ya.

FTFY.

I meant no life by our 10k standards. Obviously it's all relative.

Shorty made an epic 10k thread and I wanted to do somethign similar. Only I totally missed it. So I promised I'd do a great 11,111 post -- missed that through inattention, too! I think I was on 11,135 when I noticed >_<

For a while posts on the playground didn't count towards your post count - they do now I think, but they weren't retroactive so technically, dannyboy, you have probably greatly exceeded 10k!

My stats

Total Posts: 7,986

Posts Per Day: 3.47

Still a long way from 10,000 posts

Still, well done Mr Paulson on the milestone. Here's to another 10,000 posts.

The fuck?! I have over 10,000 posts?

Total Posts: 15,773

Posts Per Day: 6.18

Jesus... Where has the time gone, I didn't think I was anywhere near that many posts.

For a while posts on the playground didn't count towards your post count - they do now I think' date=' but they weren't retroactive so technically, dannyboy, you have probably greatly exceeded 10k![/quote']

Oh, wow. :heh: I do recall that; I actually think a great percentage of my total posts have been in the playground. :p

That was hilarious.

ReZourceman

Ashley

Cube

Fierce_LiNk

Daft

Dante

Retro_Link

EEVILMURRAY

Paj!

flameboy

ShadowV7

Tellyn

Dan Dare

Hero-of-Time

Hellfire

Shorty

MoogleViper

Dyson

uəʌəsʎɐɾ

Charlie

darksnowman

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Bold text means they have no life and as a result have over 20k posts

About 4 years ago I think I had around 8000 posts, I'm now up to ~10500. I really slowed down since I stopped playing games and posting in those forums.

My average is 4.1 a day but I reckon more recently that's gone up again.

I also hit another personal, real life, milestone at the weekend which I was very pleased about.

Shorty made an epic 10k thread and I wanted to do somethign similar. Only I totally missed it. So I promised I'd do a great 11' date='111 post -- missed that through inattention, too! I think I was on 11,135 when I noticed >_<

For a while posts on the playground didn't count towards your post count - they do now I think, but they weren't retroactive so technically, dannyboy, you have probably greatly exceeded 10k![/quote']

12,345 then? I made a 100 question quiz!

and it tanked

Well done Daniel! I miss these threads. And signature competitions.