NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

Exclusive to Wii U and published by Nintendo!! :D

I kinda feel like I should pick up the first one now to fully appreciate it!... it's also going cheap!

Edited by Retro_Link

You guys played the 1st title? I've yet to try it myself.

It's a great game... just as long as you get the Xbox version - which shouldn't be a problem for you.

It's a great game... just as long as you get the Xbox version - which shouldn't be a problem for you.
The PS3 version is no good?

Ps3 version is fine. Just at launch it had a few issues the xbox version didn't but patches should have addressed most if not all of the problems. Can't believe Sega canned the IP.

The PS3 version is no good?

Lots of slowdown and horrdendous loading. Not sure if they ever got round to fixing it or not. It wasn't Platinum's fault though - the PS3 was port of the Xbox code done by another studio.

EDIT:Thanks for clearing that up DeathJam

Gotta love Gaf.

Platinum just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and make Bayonetta 2 multiplatform or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Gotta love Gaf.

Never been to NeoGaf but it sounds like a good place to go if you want a good bellyaching laugh with comments like these.

Wow! Never in a million years would I have expected this!

What a history! A Platinum game based on a SEGA IP that was cancelled mid-development and saved by Nintendo!

This is gonna get one of the best Iwata Asks ever!!!

Gotta love Gaf.

Brilliant.

Nothing better than reading the mad ramblings of a self proclaimed expert.

Still, I knew there was a reason why I avoid that place like the plague.

The first game sold ok but it was never deemed to be truly successful commercially,despite heavy critical acclaim, hence why no sequel. I'm sure a great deal of those sales too came after the typical SEGA strategy of halving the retail price 4 weeks after launch.

If every Japanese fan who brought the game was outraged and didn't buy this, they really wouldn't be missing that many unit sales.

Jaw dropped with this announcement. Loved the first game, despite hating Devil May Cry. Never finished it though, think I put it down to finish off the first Darksiders as they were released at the same time and never got back to it but have been thinking about doing so.

If it is the case that Sega canned the game, and it seems likely with them streamlining what franchises they'll be producing games for and the whole Anarchy Reigns release debacle that's happened, and Nintendo have stepped in and saved the day then well done to them because Bayonetta, I feel anyway, is the best thing that has come out of Platinum Games so far and is a superb IP.

Wonder if Platinum will show any gameplay at TGS or whether it'll stay quiet until the new year. Hopefully the former as surely given Nintendo's attitude to announcements the game must be coming at the end of the launch window.

So who actually owns the IP then now - did SEGA return the rights to Platinum Games as a sign of goodwill, contractual obligation or just have them bought outright by either PG or Nintendo?

Never been to NeoGaf but it sounds like a good place to go if you want a good bellyaching laugh with comments like these.

Neogaf have more retarded members than what Reddit and 4chan have put together. So don't go there thinking you will get knowledge but more so just go there for the laughs of how stupid some of the posts are and how crazy some people are.

Also FUCK YES!!!

Brilliant.

Nothing better than reading the mad ramblings of a self proclaimed expert.

Still, I knew there was a reason why I avoid that place like the plague.

It's a near word-for-work take on a deadly serious post made when Final Fantasy XIII was announced for Xbox 360. It's a GAF meme now, and is wheeled out when megatons of this nature drop.

So who actually owns the IP then now - did SEGA return the rights to Platinum Games as a sign of goodwill, contractual obligation or just have them bought outright by either PG or Nintendo?

The SEGA logo is still there.

Just to put it out there, Bayonetta 1 had next to no advertising so it is no wonder that it didn't sell that well. Sega are absolutely terrible when it comes to marketing sometimes.

This...I hope it sells well. Really, I want to see more partnerships between Sega and Nintendo in general, so I think it's important that this goes well.

That said, the first game, like Devil May Cry, didn't interest me too much.

Glad this is going to get a release. I loved the first game and I'm sure this will be great too. I'm going to be at TGS so fingers crossed it's playable there.

When this popped up in the showreel I was blown away. Very very happy when this was announced. It was only a week or so ago I was lamenting that Madworld on the Wii didn't play like Bayonetta, now we get Bayonetta 2 exclsuive to WiiU. This is exactly the kind of franchise Nintendo needs to bring to the WiiU.