NEurope
Retro_Link

Nano Assault Neo (eShop)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

This was one of my most wanted games on the 3DS, but then it just kind of dissapeared for Europe! and then there was talk of it coming to the 3DS eShop, which might still be the case.

But now we're also getting a version/update/sequel(?) on the Wii U in glorious HD! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

there was talk of it coming to the 3DS eShop, which might still be the case.

You are correct, Shin'en said this back in August:

"'Nano Assault EX' is coming to the 3DS eShop (EU+US) ! Based on the original release but with new game modes & options.. more info soon!"

Mario Galaxy meets generic twin stick shooter featuring sub par graphics?

It's a port of a 3DS game.

Anyway, loving this is available. I'd honestly want to play it on the controller more than the TV though.

Do we have a release date yet? This game looks absolutely awesome

Yep, November 30th :)

Looks good , was this on 3ds as well

This Wii U game is a sequel to the 3DS original.

An enhanced version of the 3DS original (with a smoother framerate, enhanced online leaderboards, a new game mode and Circle Pad Pro support) is also coming to the 3DS eShop this year too, under the name Nano Assault EX.

So basically...

Nano Assault 1 = 3DS

Nano Assault 2 = Wii U

Edited by Dcubed

Reminds me of Geometry Wars from the DS, one of my most played games, addictive as hell. This looks in the same vein, if this has 2 player local and/or on-line it would seal the deal.

Reminds me of Geometry Wars from the DS, one of my most played games, addictive as hell. This looks in the same vein, if this has 2 player local and/or on-line it would seal the deal.

Well, looks like you're gonna be very happy then ;)

So, is this a WiiU shop game? Or retail?

Either way, it looks beautiful. Want.

Nano Assault Neo Review

Developer: Shin’en | Size: 50 MB | Price: $9.99

There’s something especially shiny about Shin’en. Every game this studio puts out is so visually polished and beautiful – you just can’t look away from the graphics they’ve been able to achieve on Nintendo’s Wii and 3DS in titles like Jett Rocket, Art of Balance and Nano Assault. And now, with the Wii U’s high-definition capability in play, Shin’en’s latest release is their shiniest yet.

Nano Assault Neo is an all-new sequel to the original Nano Assault, an under-the-radar hit that launched for the 3DS roughly one year ago. Like that first game, Neo once again puts you in the role of a pilot who’s been shrunken down to fly inside a human body. And, once there, it’s up to you to cleanse a series of cells from infection – by wildly blasting anything that moves to pieces with an overwhelmingly violent arsenal of lasers!

NanoAssaultInline.jpg

This game is a visual spectacle. Truly, wonderfully stunning.

Yes, Nano Assault Neo is a fast-paced twin-stick shooter that fans of that genre will adore. But it’s not just that – because its levels are free-floating 3D cells that you can travel across in any direction. Just like Super Mario Galaxy’s hovering planetoids, you can move all around these three-dimensional arenas hunting down viruses and creeping bacteria – using the GamePad’s left stick to move, and its right stick to aim your continuous laser blasts independently.

It’s intense, gorgeous fun. You’re spinning around the surfaces of these cells slinging shots every which way, grabbing power-ups and credits to spend in the upgrade shop, trying to dodge all of the incoming fire these foes are sending your way at the same time – and it’s all playing out with such breathtaking visual quality that you might just need to stop and catch your breath for a minute after each level ends.

Nano Assault Neo also includes bonus levels that play out like a cross between Star Fox 64’s tunnels, F-Zero GX’s hovercraft handling and Sonic the Hedgehog 2’s half-pipes, and every set of four stages is capped off with a boss battle at the end. There are leaderboards for sharing your high scores with the rest of the world and a two-player mode that lets a friend get into the action along with you. There’s the ability to play it all off the TV on just the GamePad screen if you choose, and separate Arcade and Survival modes to attack too. That’s quite a few features for a launch day download, and they round out what is a very attractive package for just 10 dollars.

If there’s any drawback here, it’s in overall length – this is the kind of game that encourages replaying its set of stages again and again to go for higher scores, but that also means there aren’t a ton of levels total. Four sets of four stages apiece, for 16 total. 20, if you want to count the bonus levels used half-way through each quartet. Still, for just $9.99, getting that number of levels is getting more than your money’s worth.

THE VERDICT

Shin’en is a studio that’s been steadily improving its efforts on Nintendo systems over the past several years. Over a decade, even, as you can trace this latest game’s roots all the way back to the Iridion series on the Game Boy Advance. Nano Assault Neo is their boldest, more beautiful shooter yet, and Wii U owners absolutely shouldn’t miss out on its shiny twin-stick shooting.

9.0 Amazing

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/11/22/the-wii-u-eshop-launch-guide-in-progress?page=2

Edited by Wii

Annoying that I'm gonna end up playing the 2nd game before the first one, but either way I can't wait any more!

Is it next week yet?

I can't get the online scoreboard to work on this, is anyone else having the same problem? Reverting else internet wise on the Wii U works fine, but this always says No Data, ad sometimes I even get an error code pop up... putting me off playing it because it takes something away from the competition aspect.

Had a little to on this, looks great. Wish it was a little faster though.

Anyone who has this game and wants to compare scores friend request me - DarrenBolton

My mates' jaws dropped when I threw this up on the projector last night. They agree it's joint best looking game with Nintendo Land :)

I've been spread so thin over all my launch games that I haven't really managed to dig in to this yet and suss out the finer points of the score system. Wasn't going to buy it at all until I'd at least finished Mario, but couldn't resist with all the glowing comments on Miiverse! Up to the Zeta levels so far and loving it. Well done to Dcubed and Madeinbeats for topping the leader board!

My mates' jaws dropped when I threw this up on the projector last night. They agree it's joint best looking game with Nintendo Land :)

I've been spread so thin over all my launch games that I haven't really managed to dig in to this yet and suss out the finer points of the score system. Wasn't going to buy it at all until I'd at least finished Mario, but couldn't resist with all the glowing comments on Miiverse! Up to the Zeta levels so far and loving it. Well done to Dcubed and Madeinbeats for topping the leader board!

Same boat as you, bought so many games Ive barely played any substantially. With a week off work I'm hoping to plough through them all.

I'm the other way, been playing this and neglecting NintLand. Still having terrible trouble with the Rank Board not loading on and giving me error messages. Anyone gets to the 3rd cluster on the 1st cell finding it difficult, I've got some tips there if you need them... hard as nails it is.

I beat Nintendo Land yesterday, so decided to download this for my next Wii U game. And what a game! :o

I'm continually amazed by what Shin'en are able to come up with. These guys have surely gotta become first-party at some point.