NEurope
Cube

Star Trek Mafia

Rules

- Standard rules. Most of you should know them by now, but a quick run through.

- No talking at night.

- No talking or thanking when you are dead (one death post allowed, as long as no information about the game is revealed)

- No talking about this game outside of the thread (unless you are mafia, then you can communicate with each other).

- You can't directly quote yours PMs.

- Length days will end depending on activity, but will have a maximum length of around 4 days. Nights will last 48 hours.

- No editing posts. Not even for simple spelling mistakes.

---

After the destruction of Romulas, the Romulan Empire fell into chaos. After negotiations back and forth between the Federation, Rumulans and still-struggling Cardassians. An important meeting was arranged on the USS Enterprise to discuss the future of the alpha quadrant.

For security purposes, the Enterprise has entered a dense nebula, blocking all communications and sensor readings. However, it seems that not everybody is happy with the prospect of an alliance...

Captains Log Stardate 66274.3: The Enterprise has arrived at it’s destination with no incidents. By my calculations, these negotiations will be long and monotonous but I predict that all sides will come to an agreement that will be highly beneficial for everyone and will strengthen the entire Alpha Quadrant.

Day 1 Starts Now.

@Jon Dedede

@Mr\-Paul

@Nintendohnut

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@The Peeps

@Yvonne

12 players remain. Majority is 7

No Lynch (2): Mr-Paul, Jimbob

Majority is 7.

And another thing - you can start sending in Night 1 targets right away.

No Lynch (5): Mr-Paul, Jimbob, The Peeps, Rummy, Jon Dedede

Majority is 7.

“Good to see you, Uncle”

“I don’t have a....” Garak stopped and studied the young Cardassian. “ah...it’s been a while.”

“Huh? A while since what?”

“We last met.”

The young Cardassian looked nervous. “I was expecting to find you here.”

“I’m sure you have.”

“So...are you here for the negotiations?”

Garak shot a cold stare at the his ‘nephew’

“Erm...I’m helping out with the preparations...and research...”

Garak checked the corridor was clear and leaned closer.

“I’m guessing this is your first assignment, so listen carefully. Keep your lies simple and to the point. If someone asks, you are the senator's aid.”

“Senator? Which senator?”

“Well, me, of course.”

No Lynch (7): Mr-Paul, Jimbob, The Peeps, Rummy, Jon Dedede, Jonnas, Mangus Peterson

Majority is 7.

lOywvjc.jpg

Ensign Røde Skjorte has been found dead in a jefferies tube. The cause of death is unknown.

Night 1 starts now.

@Jon Dedede

@Mr\-Paul

@Nintendohnut

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@The Peeps

@Yvonne

The room had turned white, the starfleet officer had no idea what was happening.

“Who’s there? Hello?”

“The traveller will visit you soon. Do not trust him.”

“Who are you?”

“The traveller. He can not be trusted. Stay away.”

“What traveller? Why can’t he be trusted.”

“He can not be trusted. Stay away from the traveller.”

“Bu...but....I have no idea what you’re saying”.

The general was sitting in the mess hall alone.

“Prune juice, as usual?”

“YOU!! WHAT IN THE NAME OF KAHLESS ARE YOU DOING HERE‽”

“I’m representing Grand Negus Rom. Thought I’d do a bit of bartending to pass the time. Despite your primitive no-currency Federation ways.”

“And SHE let you?”

Guinan looked over “‘She’ has a name, you know. And, yes, I did let him in. He’s quite an interesting fellow and he’s rather good at his job.”

The Ferengi looked down at the general. “So...prune juice?”

The general let out an agreeing mumble.

First Officer’s Log stardate 66274.5. Our investigations have shown that Ensign Røde Skjorte was attempting to repair a damaged plasma conduit when he made a fatal error. We have found no foul play in any events leading up to his death, it was just a tragic and unfortunate accident. While preparations for his funeral have been arranged, I have been analysing the staff duty roster and I have....

*bleep-bloop*

...Computer, pause recording.

udySnDF.jpg

@Jon Dedede is dead. He was First Officer Commander Reginald Barclay. He could track his targets. He was good.

Day 2 starts now

@Mr\-Paul

@Nintendohnut

@Rummy

@Sheikah

@The Peeps

@Yvonne

11 players remain. The majority is 6.

Is the Dannyboy the guy who died mysteriously? Or is it a Star Trek reference?

So, any info we can use?

Given we lost none of our number and the rough translation, would I be right to agree with jonnas @Cube, and assume that's a red shirt tribue to dannyboy?

I just put "Red Shirt" into Google Translate and it sounded like a decent name in Danish.

Nothing useful to share at this point.

@Diageo how many people targeted you? Sounds like at least two?

I have nothing either. Guessing there are three mafia among us with the numbers. I know very little about Star Trek so if anyone can tell me who the bad guys may be that would be nice. Klingons?

hmm doubtful. There aren't really any explicitly evil race, maybe you could argue the borg, but even that had some grey area. That said if we find a borg, we should lynch it immediately. I hope there isn't a cult mechanic in this game.

I have nothing either. Guessing there are three mafia among us with the numbers. I know very little about Star Trek so if anyone can tell me who the bad guys may be that would be nice. Klingons?

I'm in a similar boat, I've seen some DS9, some Voyager, some Enterprise and some original Shatner stuff - but I'm not up on the ins and out of the story. I wouldn't be too quick to jump on 'suspicious' characters though, because it seems such a vast universe that anyone could be anything really. I think one of the greatest mistakes to make in mafia is to assume anyone is of a specific affiliation just because of their character(though I have played before in some where it is the case).

As for last night, I have no info to provide atm.

I've not seen any Star Trek besides the odd episode of the old original series with Captain Kirk and co... oh and I watched the latest film :p

I believe I was roleblocked last night.

So... are these "Borg" machines? Sure sounds like they are.

I just put "Red Shirt" into Google Translate and it sounded like a decent name in Danish.

Oh, I get that reference, then :hehe: