NEurope
Yvonne

The Jelly Bean Mafia

19 explorers went looking for a cave. 19 found it. But not all 19 would leave the cave, not even close...

tumblr_mre219Ccu11qemvljo1_1280.jpg

The party found the cave, right where the map said it would be. They'd never have found it by themselves - without guidance these lands were an impassable labyrinth, and only the very brave or the utterly insane would dare to enter. Osmond wondered which the map's creator had been.

Not long after entering, they found what the map had promised - beans, hundreds of beans, thousands, crowding out of the cave's walls. They glowed with their own light, and where the beans grew dense, the explorers scarcely had need for their lamps.

They decided to set up camp for the night, and would start plotting the passages in the morning.

In the morning, Osmond was dead.

The explorers were shocked, and many suggested they leave right away. To their dismay, however, they found the entrance had somehow shut during the night. They began to argue, throwing accusations at each other; of taking the wrong route back, of cowardice, some even going so far as to blame one another for Osmond's death.

A cloaked figure approached, silencing them all.

"It was one of you." the figure said.

"What? Who are you?" one asked.

"Did you eat the beans?" The figure sighed. "Of course you did. You ate them without a second thought."

"How did you get here? Where's the exit?"

"This is the exit. The cave has closed, but it will open again."

"What? How?"

"This is no ordinary cave, as I'm sure you have all noticed by now."

"When will it open? Our leader is dead. We need to get out of here!"

The figure's head shook. "I'm sorry that this has happened to you. You are all now playing a game. When this game is over, the cave will open."

"We play a game, and then we can leave?"

"The winners can leave."

"What do you mean the winners can leave? You think we'll just stay here if we lose?"

"If you lose, you'll be dead." The figure's voice bounced unnaturally from wall to wall, dying off gradually to an oppressive silence.

"Last night, some of you ate the beans, you poor fools. The ones that killed your leader, they ate of the rainbow beans. You'll all deny it, but I know which of you it was."

"If you know then you should tell us!"

The cave began to rumble deeply. Plumes of dust fell, then pebbles and stones. The hooded mystic raised both arms and the rumbling subsided.

"I do not think that would be such a good idea. Come, take me to your camp, and I will explain the rules of this game."

———

They sat in an arc around the mystic, who drew three bags and several pearl cups from within the cloak.

tumblr_mre2311HRW1qemvljo1_1280.jpg

"Each of you will receive a cup. Each cup can hold up to five jelly beans."

The mystic turned to obscure the cups from view, and in five of the cups, added a bean.

The mystic then proceeded to add scoops of beans from the largest bag to all the cups, and handed them out.

"This bag contains the most common types of bean found in these caves. You will each start with some, though I cannot say exactly which or how many. After each day, you may eat one, or you may take another bean from the bag. The beans interfere with sleep, and grant you powers during the night."

When the cups were all handed out, the mystic opened the second bag, smaller than the first but larger than the last, and poured it into the bag he had been scooping from.

"These are rarer beans. They grant stranger, more powerful night abilities."

"What about that small bag?" asked an explorer, pointing at the third bag. The mystic opened it.

"These are the white beans. No one has ever survived eating a white bean."

"Then what are they for?"

"Each day you will discuss the game and you may vote. If a majority of you vote for someone, they must eat a white bean. During the night, those who ate of the rainbow bean will feed a white bean to one of you. That is how your leader was killed.

The game is over when one side is victorious, and the other, dead. Only then will the winners be able to leave the cave."

———

rules recap:

• Three phases: day phase, eat phase, night phase.
  • Day phase is approx 48 hours, eat phase approx 24, night phase approx 24.
  • During the day phase, you may discuss the game and you may vote.
  • During the eat phase, submit a PM to me either with the bean you want to eat or that you want to draw a bean from the bag.
  • If you have eaten a bean, I will PM you with what power it has granted. You then reply with your target (if applicable) and the night phase will resolve.
  • Your cup can only hold 5 beans.

Alive 18

• Cube
  • The Peeps
  • Magnus Peterson
  • Diageo
  • Jonnas
  • Sheikah
  • ReZourceman
  • DuD
  • Esequiel
  • heroicjanitor
  • Animal
  • Dannyboy-the-Dane
  • Rummy
  • Mr-Paul
  • Jimbob
  • Aqui1a
  • Jon Dedede
  • drahkon

Dead 0

• no one

majority is 10

Day 1 begins. Day 1 will end 10pm BST on Tuesday.

Edited by Yvonne

Vote: Not to force anyone to eat a white bean.

Really rolls off the tongue.

This certainly sounds interesting.

Vote: Don't make anyone swallow the white.

I hear the mystic doesn't mind just calling them lynch beans, or lynch for short ;)

Interesting, so anyone can do pretty much anything. The rarer beans were mixed in after we received our initial allocation which is worth remembering.

Vote: No lynch

Ooh interesting! So 5 beans were added first. Assuming this is a white bean for each of the mafia, to enable their kill. And no one has a rare ability yet.

I also wonder if anyone will get a rainbow bean, and be able to choose to join the mafia. Or if they can force feed someone a rainbow bean. Or if someone can give a mafia a forgiveness bean. Maybe I can plant mine and grow a beanstalk and get a giant. Or I can sell them to some hungry motherfucker. There is no way we slept next to the beans because of the light so 5 people managed to sneak away from camp to get the rainbow beans so if anyone heard anything that'd be great.

^^ My ideas on a scale of 1 to nonsense.

Vote: Cloaked mystic man thing

Day 1 ends. Eat phase 1 begins.

Please PM me with the bean you want to eat or that you want to take a bean from the bag.

Oh yeah also in case there is any confusion, there is no posting in thread during eat phase or night phase.

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@Mr\-Paul

@Jon Dedede

@drahkon

A question - would you post when eat phase is complete/deadlined and night phase is? Or would you just call the day, have the eat phase and night phase, then the day phase begins once more? It's thoroughly insignificant, but I'm that kind of guy who likes to repeatedly stand in the road and check if the bus is actually coming.

I'll pop a message when night starts, though if applicable, feel free to send in your night targets early.

Thanked because I am currently stood in the road repeatedly checking if the bus is coming..

I am also that guy :(

I don't think the bus will be coming btw

Thanked because I am currently stood in the road repeatedly checking if the bus is coming..

I am also that guy :(

I don't think the bus will be coming btw

Haha, it's such a stupid mentality! It changes nothing, yet we insist on doing it! Anyhow, this is almost a man stirring and almost talking at Night, so I shall desist. Cheers for the info Yvonne.

Night 1 is upon us! So if you have any unresolved actions, now is the time.

N1 results:

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane is super dead! He was town.

A violet, blue and brown bean fell from his cup.

Alive 17

Dead 1

• Dannyboy-the-Dane

majority is 9

Day 2 begins. Day 2 will end 10pm BST on Friday.

Edited by Yvonne

Very sparse write-up... we don't get alliances it seems but it's safe to assume he was town. We can also see that he used one of his beans last night, rather than opting to pick a new bean.

I also ate a bean last night.