NEurope
Serebii

NES Remix

So what's everyone's thoughts?

Downloaded it and had about half an hour on it. It's really quite good, adds some new challenges to old games and makes me realise that I suck at them. Just tried to wall-jump off a pipe when I overshot it within one of the Mario challenges.

Anyone else download?

Downloaded, installed and am about to give it a go, looks awesome! :D

I'm getting a slight WarioWare vibe from this, so definitely interested. :grin:

Looking forward to some impressions. :)

I'm getting a slight WarioWare vibe from this, so definitely interested. :grin:

Looking forward to some impressions. :)

Stuff like this seems like it would be good for a cross buy like system and released on both the Wii U and 3DS.

If I had a Wii U, I would definitely be playing this tonight. It's a simple idea, but I'm actually somewhat keen to have a go!

That's pretty expensive... Ill download it though (sucker). Is there a lot to it? I was worried it seemed frighteningly bare bones.

That's pretty expensive... Ill download it though (sucker). Is there a lot to it? I was worried it seemed frighteningly bare bones.

Oh yeah, there's a lot to it :)

At least we know now why there weren't any Virtual Console games this week. Also, wasn't next week's release confirmed as Super Mario Bros. 3?

Hmm.. as this ones 10€, I find it quite hard to resist. Maybe I just...should...give up...ya know. And get it. OK, maybe later.

Downloaded it. Will try later. Glad there's a bit to it. Very interested to see how the mii verse high scoring works, hopefully very well and you can even go straight to the challenge :) Are there leaderboards?

Are the actual full games available on here? Maybe as unlockables? If not, that's a really good idea I've just had.

Are the actual full games available on here? Maybe as unlockables? If not, that's a really good idea I've just had.

Nope. They have eShop links to the Virtual Console versions though

I wish Nintendo would stop focusing on these same NES games for literally everything they do!

I'm just so bored of seeing them every time!

A lot of fun. Enjoying the presentation. I'm a sucker for anything retro themed.

I was never able to do the Mario 1-UP trick and guess what one of the challenges is based on. :(

A lot of fun. Enjoying the presentation. I'm a sucker for anything retro themed.

I was never able to do the Mario 1-UP trick and guess what one of the challenges is based on. :(

If it makes you feel better, there's a challenge where the task is to kill Luigi :p

Well I've been playing this for 4 hours today and I can safely say that I'm loving it. :D

Yes it features many classic NES titles which we are more than familiar with, but if more people actually gave it a fair chance then I think that they would definitely enjoy it. On the one hand it's accessible so anyone can jump right in and play it, just like Wario Ware but there is actually hidden depth to things as you progress, some of the challenges get more difficult later on; it's this element which will appeal more to the long-term gamer. :wink:

Interestingly even I have learned a trick or two from these titles, many of which I've played extensively due to reviewing them - some multiple times - for VC Weekly so if I can pick up a bit of knowledge from this then surely that's a good endorsement? :smile: I say that without trying to sound arrogant, the majority of us are long-term gamers here so it's probably rare that we can learn things from games which we previously thought we knew inside-out, I'm merely trying to put some perspective on this excellent but seemingly misunderstood title. : peace:

Many may have had their fill of 8-bit titles, that I can understand but when you have many of these classic games put together in one sizeable celebratory experience it actually makes you see them in a different light, breaking things down to the level of many challenges being put in front of you as a gamer. It's up to you whether you take up the gauntlet or not but I reckon that if you sat anyone down with this who has even a drop of gaming nostalgia in their blood, they would find it impossible to walk away from this after having just 'one quick go' as I've actually had to tear myself away from this after acquiring half of the Miiverse stamps that you can collect in addition to going for those three stars on each challenge, it's that much fun. :)

It might not be the game any of us bought a Wii U for, it's more a game that I didn't even realise I wanted until it was announced today, personally for me it's the best thing to come out of the Nintendo Direct, all that's left for me to say is that if you liked the classic Wario Ware games and have a particular fondness for that pure gameplay from the 8-bit era, mixed in with a healthy dose of friendly competition via one of the fastest growing gaming social networks around then look no further, go forth and play as you won't regret it. :hehe:

Pretty much you can already tell from the answers who have actually played the game and who just want to spread mindless hate without even trying e.g. trolling.

Anyway, the bad thing is that I just left away for my holidays, and where I'll be spending my christmas the Wi-Fi won't reach the place I have my Wii U (yes, I took it with me).

Hopefully I can sort it out, and get the game soon. Only thing keeping me from getting it is just the fact that I have so many other games I still have to beat. Feels like more and more games just keep coming and coming.

If it makes you feel better, there's a challenge where the task is to kill Luigi :p

Mario sick of Year of Luigi?

Seems a lot of people got stuck on that one, so it's not just me. :p