NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Strike Vector EX

In the Starfox Zero thread, @Jamba posted this many months ago:

I'm not sure about this... games have moved on vastly since the SNES/N64 games and I've been thinking about what made them great back then. And to a point it all comes down to being about action and agility in the air. What is being described still feels like it's going to be clunky and kind of laboured.

Take below as a contrast. This is Strike Vector, a game made by 9 developers in 15 months. It's extremely fast and frantic and just feels more like what StarFox should be getting closer to:

Well, I've had a quick look and the game is coming to PS4 and XboxOne soon.

These versions of the game will also contain new features, including a story-driven campaign and cutscenes.

Looks a billion times more exciting than Starfox Zero. :blank:

I'm crushingly disappointed how bland and safe Star Fox Zero looks to be, but this game looks a little generic, and that even includes the title lol

Yeah I gotta agree with @Ronnie and unfortunately it reminds me of the very similarly named Strike Suit Zero which was flat out awful.

It does look a lot better than StarFox but that doesn't really say much, does it? :p

What strikes (heh) me the most is that there aren't many ships flying around? There's a lot of empty space...

I can imagine this looking more interesting in tighter arenas with one-on-one dogfights.

I have this on Steam, but never got the "feel" for it. Something about the controls in cockpit view specifically is off, and makes the game very hard for beginners.

I've been excited about this since I first saw it on this forum. It's more in the way of how StarFox should have made itself relevant in this day an age, agile, fast paced, action packed... instead of just remaking itself all the time.

Disappointing to hear that it might not play as good as it looks, but I'll keep an eye on it, especially now that this version will have a story mode.

Some of the criticism that I've read about this is related to how it controls on PC. Seems that the controller support for it wasn't great, but that could easily be something that's rectified for console.

The other criticism seemed to be that it's difficult/overwhelming at the start. Sorta like what @Smeagol just said. But, they've got a campaign now, so maybe that's been sorted.

I think it looks pretty good, tbh. Should be a decent 7/10 (or maybe even 8/10 for some) type of game.

Sign in to follow this