NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

FIFA 17

Teaser trailer.

Finally a game @lostmario will be interested in! :D

It's about time they changed the game engine. The Frostbite engine should hopefully make this look fantastic!

I actually liked Ignite for the gameplay. If they "import" what they have done there to Frostbite and improve it further I'm happy.

It's about time they changed the game engine.

I wasn't aware they were changing it so I'll be interested to see how it improves things. We all know how little I think of the current gameplay in FIFA :heh:

What's great is that the game is once again evolving due to the engine. Feels much less of a ripoff than FIFA 10 - 14 that way.

Though it's still just a generic re-skin, but anyway...

I'm glad it's Frostbite! Not sure how this could be applied to anything outside of their (boringly long) catalogue of officially licensed sports games, but alas!

They really should turn this franchise into a platform, one or two games per generation with yearly DLC updates. Call of Duty could do similar. But you know, more money this way I guess

They really should turn this franchise into a platform, one or two games per generation with yearly DLC updates. Call of Duty could do similar. But you know, more money this way I guess

I completely agree. The fact that it comes out every year just puts me off buying one in the first place.

It really, in my opinion, doesn't deserve such high sale figures. Its the same game, every year for more than 20 years! I obviously love football but buying FIFA every year just doesn't do it for me.

As you said though, they won't do it as £££ they get for releasing it every year is massive!

As you said though, they won't do it as £££ they get for releasing it every year is massive!

Indeed. Both Madden and FIFA Ultimate Team modes alone rake in an INSANE amount of money for the company. They could probably spin that off as it's own thing and still make serious bank.

I usually don't buy them every year. I tend to buy one, miss the following year and then buy the one after. I never snapped up last years but will probably get this years, especially as they are using a new engine.

If you enjoy the online side of things then the game easily pays for itself, even if you do buy it every year. The amount of hours gmac, Emerald and lostmario ( as well as my nephew ) must have put into the game over the past couple of years must be massive.

They have made little steps in regards to releasing multiple games. They used to release FIFA World Cup editions but now they don't bother and just put the World Cup teams as DLC for the Ultimate Team mode. I imagine they will be doing this for the Euros, as well.

Yep, I've always thought release a new version every couple of years and a kit/player/team dlc pack. But it sells so much there's no reason for them to I guess. And I get so much play time out of them it's definitely worth it.

New player career mode option is available called "The Journey". You play as a player called Alex Hunter and it can be at any of the 20 premier league clubs, similar to NBA 2K's narrative story mode.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ea-announces-new-fifa-17-solo-story-mode-called-the-journey/?utm_content=buffer41ea5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb

Sign in to follow this