NEurope
Emasher

The Legend of Zelda Timeline

here's my opinion

1) Ocarina of Time (world is born link saves it)

2) The Legend of Zelda (link gains triforce of courage and saves zelda)

3) The Adventures Of Link (link saves zelda again)

4) Majoras Mask (first link leaves hyrule)

5) Twilight Princess (coming soon)

6) The Wind Waker (hyrule is flooded)

7) Phantom Hourglass (coming soon)

8) Links Awakening (link gets shipwreked)

9) A Link to the past (haven’t played)

10) The minish cap (elzo puts triforce of power in a hat, link creates

four sword)

11) four swords adventures (haven’t played)

12) four swords (haven’t played)

13) Oracle Of Seasons (haven’t played)

14) Oracle of Ages (haven’t played)

:hmm::shakehead:nono:

We will never know the timeline unless Nintendo tell us officially.

Yes it's fun to speculate but in every topic I've seen so far that discusses the timeline, there's always some that take it too far and wont accept anyone else's opinion... Nothing but trouble these topics :(

People won't see peoples views and start moaning about other peoples views.Though I quite like to discuss it with more mature people.It is fun to try and guess what the timeline is.

Lock this thread asap. People will vehemently argue the validity of their theory(see the twilight princess thread) and more than likely, it will become semi-flame embedded.

Yea i'm with masaki.This will end up causing severe arguments and cause lots of problems with people not accepting other peoples views and think there right.It's a really nice idea but will cause problems.

Hm. Well theres was some knowledgeable and well thought out discussion about this going on in the Twilight Princess thread, so I'm going to leave it as it is for now and see how it goes. If you want to discuss theories and ideas about the timeline please do but any bashing each other's views or flaming and I'll lock it.

Be good.

I haven't read the TP thread (as i'm trying to avoid learning too much about the game before i play it) but here's the timeline one i like (only based on home console games...cuz i forget where this says the handheld games go), lets see how its excepted...

(possible small OOT and WW spoilers if you still haven't played them)

orginal timeline

Ocarina of Time - Majora's Mask (1st Link, 1st Zelda)

- A Link to the Past (2nd Link, 2nd Zelda)

- Legend of Zelda (3rd Link, 3rd Zelda) - Adventures of Link (3rd Link, either 1st Zelda or 4th Zelda who predates 1st Zelda)

Alternate Timeline

Ocarina of Time (1st Link, 1st Zelda) - Wind Waker (2nd Link, 2nd Zelda)

My guess is Twilight Princess will go somewhere in the "orginal timeline" prolly after "AoL" and feature a new Link and Zelda. Phantom Hourglass will most likly go in the "alternate timeline" a be a direct sequal to "Wind Waker" and be the same Link and Zelda from Wind Waker (obviously this is just based on the graphical sytle being the same as WW)

(note: the following may get confusing)

And for those unaware of the "alternate timeline", it was created at the end of Ocarina of Time, Links time travel escapeds created two timelines (past and future), at the end when Link returns to the "past" and closes the path to the "future" the "future" still continues and leads to the events of Wind Waker, which is why in the intro to Wind Waker when it says the people waited for the Hero of Time but he never came it was because he was no longer in that timeline and therefor didn't exsist anymore.

As for how the Links add up, in the "original timeline" i like to think they are all related, Link1 and Link2 definatly are related as this is mentioned in ALttP, so its just a good idea to think that Link3 is also.

In the "alternate timeline" in Wind Waker its stated that that Link is not related to Link1, but i like to think of him as a reincarnation of him, that way he's still kinda related but a bloodline isn't required.

As for the Zelda's of course they all have to be related by blood. But how can Zelda's bloodline exsist in both timelines but not Link, i hear some say.

Cuz when Link1 first got the Master Sword he was trapped in the Scared Releam and exsisted outside of time and there remained one Link to go between the two times. Where as Zelda experienced the 7 years Link lost so when Link was in either the Past or Future there was a Zelda for that period somewhere in Hyrule. At the end of Ocarina, Zelda only sent Link back through time, she didn't turn it back and when the path between times closed there was still a Zelda in each timeline.

Actualy the first bit was from a long time ago from an interview with nintendo's legendary game creator.

Twilight Pricess has been said by a 'high up' to be set between MM & WW.

PH is definately a direct sequel to WW, maybe the same Link?!

The only Timelines we kinda know are:

OOT-MM-TP-WW-PH

(in order of Time, not Timelines due to the 'Alternate Timeline Theory')

and

MC-FS-FSA

However I also belive that another Timeline goes something like:

ALTTP-LOZ-AOL

(It's called a Link to the PAST for a reason)

I dunno how you got LOZ & AOL between OOT & MM...

I dunno how you got LOZ & AOL between OOT & MM...

Are you refering to my post? Cuz i don't have LOZ and AOL between OOT and MM?

Nono...Of course not!! HAHA I'm refering to emasher's first post

Oh right sorry, i didn't notice

There was a pretty good guess at the Zelda timeline in Ngc a while back.

i have that issue it goes in this order : ocarina of time, majoras mask, legend of zelda (nes), adventure of link (nes), link to the past (snes), windwaker(gc). minish cap, links awakening, and oracle of ages/seasons, four swords r side stories.

Yes I remember that SA, one sec and I'll get my NGC mag.

EDIT: Never mind they've been moved.

Yes I remember that SA, one sec and I'll get my NGC mag.

He's too quick Telly.

What issue was it ggamer plz

Cool, thanks. My idea of the Zelda timeline isn't final because I don't have all the games. But I'm pretty sure:

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Majora's Mask

3. Twilight Princess

4. Wind Waker

5. Phantom Hourglass

6. Minish Cap

7. Four Swords (This is because we see the origins in the Minish Cap, when Link can split himself up to solve puzzles. It is definitely somewhere after Minish Cap)

He's too quick Telly.

What issue was it ggamer plz

it was issue 96. i know it sounds a bit nooby but how do i upload pics a pic thts bigger thn the size limit?

did any one read my second post the first 4 hav been confirmed by nintendo.

Your second post said: Actualy the first bit was from a long time ago from an interview with nintendo's legendary game creator ??

did any one read my second post the first 4 hav been confirmed by nintendo.

So the original Link can age several years while 'Kokiri Link' ages a few months...?!

I'm slighty confused at how ALTTP fits in :(

According to NGC a Link to the Past was centuries after adventure of link. Four Swords must have been quite early, few years after Minish Cap for my reason of the Four Sword origin. I think Phantom Hourglass is a direct Wind Waker follow up, but maybe Wind Waker is just a few years after Ocarina because Navi returns. UNless Navi doesn't age or die. TP may be before Ocarina which would explain the origins of Dark Link.