Emasher

favorite pokemon gen

whats your fav pokemon gen?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. whats your fav pokemon gen?

• red,blue,yellow
    • silver,gold,christal
    • ruby ,saphire ,fire red, leaf green, emerald, xd, coloseum

OK, I'll give an explanation why I liked the first one best. It's the amount of Pokémon. In the next iteration there were the 150 plus 100 more. I still completed it and it was very enjoyable and in colours but I had the feeling there were to many Pokémon. I didn't even see all of them.

I voted for the first generation.

Pokemon Red is actually the only one I've played and it's one of my favourite ever games.

But I was put off buying the next generation of Gold/Silver (and then Ruby/Saffire) because of the number of Pokemon that were introduced!

The series seemed to be getting over-complicated and there was no need for 251 Pokemon!

No no, the extra pokemon does not hurt the experience in any way. You don't need to see/catch them all nor use all of the advanced features, just play how you like to play. Also, the 1st generation games had a lot of problems. The multiple bugs, all grass pkmn were grass/poison (wich is very bad), the overpower of the psychic pokémon, since there was almost no way to counter them, and the blocky pkmn sprites when viewed from the trainer's side.

I liked the G/S/C better because the game was huge and very complete. I loved the possibility of visiting Kanto and defeating the B/R/Y gym leaders. The GBA generation was also very good but it was rather smaller than G/S/C and the Gamcube games did not help a bit.

Red & Blue no question. It gave my childhood a purpose.

Gold/Silver. Very epic, day/night system, Kanto + Johto!

I just generally thought it was really special, and the most magical.

Gold/Silver. Very epic, day/night system, Kanto + Johto!

I just generally thought it was really special, and the most magical.

QFT. Although it's a draw between red and silver.

I try not to compare them... but thinking about it Ive got least play time from Gold, completed the Pokedex in Red and gave it a whole lotta hours aswell... then theres the latest generation thats taken alot of stick. However Ive put alot of energy into Ruby and found it a very good game. Lots to do and some very cool new Pokemon. I voted for the Ruby/ Sapphire generation because I also own Emerald, Coloseum and Gale of Darkness so that must mean Ive found it to be a special time to be playing Pokemon.

Spent the most time on Ruby. So I voted for it, but Red was more special as it was an amazing game that captured my imagination.

Gold/Silver definatly.

Time feature, being able to go back to Kanto and beat the gym leaders from Red/Blue, i thought 250 pokemon was the perfect number, plus the addition of steel and dark types balanced out the types better.

Wen it came to the GBA/GC generation it got too complicated, the number of pokemon then became too much, all the new ones SUCKED, and not being able to transfer your team from Gold/Silver was the biggest slap in the face EVER all those hours WASTED and then having to buy two seperate games (FireRed and Colloseum) to get the Pokemon that you really want was just taking the piss

Gold and Silver, also the last Pokemon games I ever played. I loved the fact that you had to go on at certain times for Pokemon to appear, and the breeding centre was quite cool. Just wish I could get my lvl 100 Pikachu from Yellow onto the Diamond version/

the reason i liked the gba/cue generation was the box system i hated how slow it was to change the boxes and i would have played my silver a lot more if it had a slightly better system though i stoped playing my red after my friend screwed it up with the missingno glich way after the fad ended i was the first in my school to find out about it though my game only got scewed up after my friend cought me one after i told him not to do it. (my friend also claimed to be the first to know about the glitch and (this is the guy who claims to have a black version) well now were not friends anymore and he's a stupid s**y fan boy.

in conclusion i hope that you can visit johto my favorite region (but not my favorite game in diamond and pearl.

edit: thats the pc boxes not the boxes the game comes in.

I think the whole night-day thing wins it for 2nd gen for me. 1st gen was awesome, but i remember way more from 2nd gen, and you could trade from 1st gen!!! YAY!!....There was shiny pokémon, Lance, Agatha had pegged it or something, you get to verse Red & Blue, awesomeness.

Gold all the way baby. Spent 700+ hours on gold along, the night and day feature with the breeding and what not, totally amazing experience. I love it soo much! Sadly my little brother started new game on it!!!

Red, Blue and Yellow get my vote. The hours i spent on that game and my very first battle against a friend clinched it for me. I never got the chance to battle on gold, ruby or any of the other ones.

Gold/Silver definatly.

Time feature, being able to go back to Kanto and beat the gym leaders from Red/Blue, i thought 250 pokemon was the perfect number, plus the addition of steel and dark types balanced out the types better.

Wen it came to the GBA/GC generation it got too complicated, the number of pokemon then became too much, all the new ones SUCKED, and not being able to transfer your team from Gold/Silver was the biggest slap in the face EVER all those hours WASTED and then having to buy two seperate games (FireRed and Colloseum) to get the Pokemon that you really want was just taking the piss

You basically nailed it for me, i thought adding 130 or so new pokemon in ruby/sapphire was odd, as there were 386 obtainable pokemon, thats an odd number. the GSC generation was just awesome for me, i would say crystal is obviously the best out of the 3, as it was the complete package. first game to have animated pokemon, Print pokemon stickers on the printer, night and day, radio, johto and kanto, i was very bitterly disspointed with ruby and sapphire and co, they seemed to of suck the adventure out of that one for me.

It also introduced the most awesome pokemon of all, Lugia

As it stands, Diamond and Pearl seem to be going in the right direction, I would be extatic if all the regions were revisited, that would make Diamond and Pearl the best generation

It also introduced the most awesome pokemon of all, Lugia

That moment when you find Lugia is just incredible.

Took me SOO long to catch that damn bird. Was worth it though, even if it did level up like a snail.

Btw did anyone trade your pokemon away and trade them back so they could get 1.5x experience? On a related note I also traded with my brother so each of us had all the starters at the beginning of the game (i only did this on my 2nd run-through though).

Took me SOO long to catch that damn bird. Was worth it though, even if it did level up like a snail.

Btw did anyone trade your pokemon away and trade them back so they could get 1.5x experience? On a related note I also traded with my brother so each of us had all the starters at the beginning of the game (i only did this on my 2nd run-through though).

If you had your own pokemon traded back to you you wouldn't get 1.5x experience, the game would recgonsie the same Trainer ID code on the pokemon and realise it was yours to begin with, it would be as if you never traded it.

Also i believe using methods to level up pokemon faster leads to their stats not increasing as much as they would through "normal" leveling, ergo i'd rather take the long way round.

I know its prolly a pipe dream but i would just go crazy if Nintendo made D/P able to transfer pokemon from Gold/silver...is it so much to ask for my hard earned time and effort to mean something again

As it stands, Diamond and Pearl seem to be going in the right direction, I would be extatic if all the regions were revisited, that would make Diamond and Pearl the best generation

And to add night & day again.

And better music like on the 1st 2 gens, Hoenn had rubbish music compared to the Kanto & Jhoto games.

There also needs to be better new Pokémon added, most Hoenn ones were rubbish / rip offs of older pokémon: Another snake, Butterfly, Moth etc etc.

I know its prolly a pipe dream but i would just go crazy if Nintendo made D/P able to transfer pokemon from Gold/silver...is it so much to ask for my hard earned time and effort to mean something again

The DS dosn't read GBC games but most likely Ruby & Sapphire but has WI-FI been confirmed for this? How cool would it be to trade over that as nobody round here has a DS and would get Pokemon

Well the first Pokémon game I ever played was Sapphire, so I've got a soft spot for that era. I've never played any of the Johto games, so I can't really comment on them, apart from to say that I think the Johto Pokémon are by far the worst designed out of the three gens - too cute, cuddly and colourful if you ask me.

I did enjoy playing Fire Red, and there are a lot of good Pokémon in Kanto, but for me, the newness of Pokémon had worn off, and I felt it was a bit samey. Now I realise that in reality, it was Ruby/Sapphire that copied the earlier gens, but hey, I can't help which one I played first. :p

I thought some of the Ruby/sapphire pokemon were actually very well designed. Slaking for instance was immense, I also loved Aggron and Altaria, excellent additions to your squad. And did anyone think that Kyogre resembled Sin from ffX?