NEurope
Ashley

Forum Upgrades & Add-Ons

Well the forum has been upgraded to a slightly newer version, and with it comes new things.

However vBulletin's official site seems to be down, so I'm not sure what they do ^_^ There seems to be a "mini-quote this message" button, but I can't seem to figure out what it does.

I tried to add a few little extras as well, but those aren't working and such so I'm opening up the forums again because they've been closed for about an hour now. Will try and sort all this out at some other point.

Sorry about the hassle.

Udpates

Their sites back so heres the updates;

Xbox Live GamerTag

Just type the following without the *s

[gam*ertag]XboxLive Username[/gam*ertag]

Example:

Or if you "Go Advanced" click this button: xboxlive.gif

Also if you go to User CP> Edit Profile there is a field for your Live username, if you type it in it will appear under the WFC info.

Wikipedia Reference Tag

Automatically links to the Wikipedia reference page for whatever you put in the tag. Type the following without the *s

[wiki*pedia]Monkeys[/wiki*pedia]

Example:

Wikipedia reference-linkKristen Bell

(Had to :P)

Or if you "Go Advanced" click this button: wikipedia.gif

Forum Home Page Announcement

There will be one soon (or should be one now, depending when you read this) letting people know about this thread. We'll try not to use them too often, just for anything important.

Automatic Image Resizing

Images over 640px in length will now automatically be shrunk, and you can click on the little bar that appears above them to stretch them. Will prevent images from overstretching everyone's view. Now you chose if you wish it to be overstretched.

Example:

dsl-wall1-1024.jpg

Now Playing

Whenever you post a reply there will be a small text box asking you what you are playing. If you type it in it will appear on the left of your post, under all your personal details. I can't show you on this one, as its an edit, but it works. Trust me.

Last.fm Profile

If you go to User CP> Edit Profile there is now a box asking you for your Last.fm user profile. If you type that in your recently played tracklisting will show on your member page. (example) It is currently also on the left of all posts, but as it has to be shrunk it is subject to mass appeal. It may be removed soon.

No, well not now. Seems to be an error when you click on a thread on the main page. Will try and fix.

Any news on what the extra stuff you tried adding might be?

No, well not now. Seems to be an error when you click on a thread on the main page. Will try and fix.

The multi-quote thing is awesome, I've been wanting this for so long :)

Edit - Don't know if you've noticed, but the sticky threads being seperated doesn't work anymore. I didn't realise how good that thing was until it didn't work.

The auto-merge double post doesn't seem to be working either. It wouldn't actually let me double post with the quick reply box.

Don't know if you've noticed, but the sticky threads being seperated doesn't work anymore. I didn't realise how good that thing was until it didn't work.

Don't know if you've noticed, but the sticky threads being seperated doesn't work anymore. I didn't realise how good that thing was until it didn't work.

I did. Will look into that now.

Fixed the click new post on main page not working thing, if anyone had noticed it didn't work.

What's been changed seems good, and the only error I noticed was the very bottom panel of the forum being misaligned. Dunno if that's something you want to look into fixing, it's hardly a big problem.

Sticky thread seperations fixed.

The alignment thing, as you said, isn't urgent but will eventually check it out (probably something to do with the footer section which had to be reverted)

Oh and some avatars aren't working again. Not sure why, just re-upload them.

Added a few things now, updated the first post to inform everyone.

How about bringing back the points de reputation for this super upgrade?

I know I ask all the time but they say persistence wins the battle. Plus what if users weren't allowed to hand them out, but mods and admins could? That would make it much more fair.

I know I ask all the time but they say persistence wins the battle.

Who says that? Seriously, I think you made that up.

Anyway, it's a losing battle you're fighting. If people hadn't screwed up rep with spamming and using it to abuse/flame other people, it probably would've stayed. Blame your peers.

lame your peers.

Actually it was him who asked for it to be taken away :heh:

I actually asked if only mods and admins could hand it out but that never happened :(

We can't go back to our own last post in a thread.

Although I don't know if anybody cares now I've mentioned it.

I cared. Those new features are great, but i want the "go to your last post" link.

I miss that feature, too. Plus, the auto-merge double posts. Maybe there is a way to bring them back, we'll look into it.

Ooo these forum upgrades are exciting. :)

I cared. Those new features are great, but i want the "go to your last post" link.

I cared as well (multi-quote rocks my socks)!

Anyway, it's a losing battle you're fighting. If people hadn't screwed up rep with spamming and using it to abuse/flame other people, it probably would've stayed. Blame your peers.

Awww, man!

Oversized images are now automatically resized. Hot People Thread be damned :p

This is a tiny, tiny thing but it still bugs me nonetheless.

On the left where all your information is under your username, the "NWFC Wi-Fi" isn't properly formatted. It needs a colon and a space at the end.

Actually its gone all together now Meik. Ben, or maybe Tom, I dunno, someone suggested it was removed (as it wasn't there before and I've just been lazy to do it before now).

More new stuff, all to do with music. Again, first post.

Doublepost merging is back :D

Damn, no more 5MB signatures for me.

About the 'Now Playing' thing. Is this for games or music or movies or anything? I guess that means the 'what are you listning to' and 'what are you playing' threads could now (officially) be deemed pointless?

Nice work guys.

Damn, no more 5MB signatures for me.

About the 'Now Playing' thing. Is this for games or music or movies or anything? I guess that means the 'what are you listning to' and 'what are you playing' threads could now (officially) be deemed pointless?

Nice work guys.

That's a good point actually.

Well, the field just says "now playing:" so, i guess that could refer to games or films as well.

that xbox gamertag thing will be cool if nintendo come up with something like that for Wii (tho knowing nintendo they'll put their own spin on it to make it better lol)... and any word on the "go to your last post" button making a comeback...?

the multi-quote is brill!